Autopsy Smashed in the middle no worries brutal 14pt win against the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

dunno about cripps, i don't think he's been the same dominant player of recent seasons, arguably walsh has been as effective for carlton
the suns' rowsell or anderson, maybe ... although both have been up and down
petracca
harley reid?

you can have all the rest ... i'd pick heeney, warner, gulden and rowbottom first four ...
Good to see you purchased your glasses from the Swanshop. They are all in the discussion, but I think Reid would probably shade them all in 24 months time, and each of the Swans you mentioned have all been up and down this season as well (apart from Heeney). More up than down, admittedly.

However, if you are talking about the current best midfield GROUP then I concur with your opinion.

It can be a bit of a mixed bag, but SEN Sync is not a bad alternative to the TV commentary.

I wish there was an easy way to get this to play through your TV.

I mean, Warner ripped vandermeer’s head off, so can’t exactly say it wasn’t a free. 50 was soft though, but players know you can’t point at the replay.
LOL, no.

Vandermeer lowers his knees\shoulders.

Free for tackling poor little fella too hard more like it.

I mean, Warner ripped vandermeer’s head off, so can’t exactly say it wasn’t a free. 50 was soft though, but players know you can’t point at the replay.

ripping his head off is a stretch ... pretty sure first point of contact was the top of your man's shoulder

I wouldn't include Petracca, think he's been pretty poor as a mid.

i'd argue he's been let down by players around him being well short of their best, but i take your point
and reid showed him up last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You hear any Bulldogs supporters bitching about the umpiring, tell them to watch the minute and a half of football after 5.30 to go in the 3rd. 3 clear frees ignored by the flog with the shit haircut, two incorrect disposal with prior and one HTB by dragging in, all ignored.

Walked in from work and turned the tv on and the replay was on and that's the first thing I see.

You hear any Bulldogs supporters bitching about the umpiring, tell them to watch the minute and a half of football after 5.30 to go in the 3rd. 3 clear frees ignored by the flog with the s**t haircut, two incorrect disposal with prior and one HTB by dragging in, all ignored.

Walked in from work and turned the tv on and the replay was on and that's the first thing I see.

13-14 count last night for a round 10 game.

Imagine at one point in a close Grand Final 19-3 only to finish at 22-8.

Anyone would think Mclean gave us the lead and was no hope of kicking the goal without the 50

On a night where everything went against them it was cruelly appropriate that a horrible umpiring decision was what finally killed off the Western Bulldogs.

They were gallant, they were gutsy, they were gone several times in the second half but with less than three minutes to go they were remarkably still a chance to win.

That was until the umpire deemed Laitham Vandermeer’s spoiling attempt on Hayden McLean to be late and therefore justified a 50m penalty.

It didn’t but McLean walked to the goalsquare to put the Swans 14-points up. The Bulldogs had kicked the previous three goals of the game to give themselves a sniff against all the odds.

Thirty seconds into the third quarter Luke Beveridge’s side had only two fit players on the bench when Ed Richards jogged off after a head clash (he was subsequently ruled out with concussion) to join Anthony Scott (concussion) and Aaron Naughton (knee).

The Dogs coach must be wondering if he drove over a black cat or walked under a ladder on the way to Marvel Stadium.

ANALYSIS ▶ bit.ly/4dQe9Km

LOL, no.

Vandermeer lowers his knees\shoulders.

Free for tackling poor little fella too hard more like it.
Watched it very carefully.
At no time did Warner's left arm go anywhere near VDMs head.
His right hand/wrist makes contact with the bicep. VDM immediately starts to drop knees and shrug his arm and right shoulder.
Warner's hand slides up and makes very slight contact with the jaw.
Warner immediately releases and regrips the bicep.
They fall to the ground together with no further contact to the head though by this stage VDMs arm is almost straight out.
The exact actions that the rules were brought in to stamp out. The lump was in perfect position.
Did the ump make the wrong decision? You betcha!
The 50 was the icing on the cake. "Gotcha again!".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back