21. Melbourne - Jack Carroll
22. Melbourne - Max Holmes
23. Sydney - Errol Gulden - Bid Matched
24. Brisbane - Blake Coleman - Bid matched
25. GWS - Finlay Macrae
26. Hawthorn - Connor Downie - Bid Matched
27. St Kilda - Conor Stone

Tigers and Crows to strike a deal on pick swaps late first round

I have no doubt Essendon will try to get that 2 spot. GWS of course will do ‘something’, they always do. Bris set themselves up to cover their academy kids, Richmond have covered the Rioli bid, we have covered ugle- Hagen, it’s just Collingwood....will mcinness get to them after their first or second pick? It will be more about movement up for players they rate more (not so much f/s or acad kids) and clubs will try hard to get their hands on picks in next years first round.
If anyone trades to 2 it’ll be after Adelaide make their pick.

1. Jamarra Ugle-hagen
  2. Logan Mcdonald
  3. Elijah Hollands
  4. Will Phillips
  5. Riley Thilthorpe
  6. Tanner Bruhn
  7. Denver Grainger-Barras
  8. Lachlan Jones
  9. Braeden Campbell
  10. Oliver Henry
  11. Jack Carroll
  12. Heath Chapman
  13. Zach Reid
  14. Eddie Ford
  15. Brayden Cook
  16. Nik Cox
  17. Brandon Walker
  18. Nathan O’driscoll
  19. Finlay Macrae
  20. Archie Perkins
  21. Reef Mcinness
  22. Alex Davies
  23. Caleb Poulter
  24. Joel Jeffrey
  25. Tom Powell
  26. Sam Berry
  27. Errol Gulden
  28. Isiah Winder
  29. Xavier Maher
  30. Conner Donnie
  31. Bailey Laurie
  32. Joel Western
  33. Zane Trew
  34. Brodie Lake
  35. Jackson Callow
  36. Shannon Neale
  37. Maurice Rioli Jnr
  38. Fraser Elliot
  39. Malachy Carruthers
  40. Cody Brand
  41. Luke Cleary
  42. Max Heath
  43. Sam Collins
  44. Oliver Davis
  45. Saxon Crozier
  46. Jack Ginnivan
  47. Luke Pedlar
  48. Patrick Walker
  49. Taj Schofield
  50. Kalin Lane
  51. Luke Edwards
  52. Lachie Jenkins
  53. Connor Stone
  54. Zac Dumesny
  55. Tariek Newchurch
  56. Pheonix Spicer
  57. Seamus Mitchell
  58. Charlie McKay
  59. Harry Sharp
  60. Corey Durdin
  61. Jake Bowey
  62. Jamison Murphy
  63. Xavier Robins
  64. James Borlase
  65. Josh Eyre
  66. Jared Dakin
  67. Lachlan Carrigan
  68. Clayton Gay
  69. Nicholas Stevens
  70. Ewan Macpherson
No Blake Coleman.

I would be surprised if the first three selections aren’t McDonald, Tilthorpe and DGB.
agreed and i think it is almost a lock now for that to happen given the talk about adelaide and thilthorpe, syd and dgb, and its mcdonald or hollands with a ugle-hagen bid, i think nth need mcdonald before hollands.

1. :adelaide: Riley Thilthorpe
  2. :north: Logan McDonald
  3. :bulldogs: Jamarra Ugle-Hagen BID MATCHED
  4. :sydney: Denver Grainger-Barras
  5. :hawthorn: Elijah Hollands
  6. :goldcoast: Will Phillips
  7. :essendon: Tanner Bruhn
  8. :sydney: Braeden Campbell BID MATCHED
  9. :port: Lachlan Jones BID MATCHED
  10. :essendon: Oliver Henry
  11. :essendon: Jack Carroll
  12. :adelaide: Heath Chapman
  13. :gws: Finlay Macrae
  14. :collingwood: Reef McInness BID MATCHED
  15. :north: Eddie Ford
  16. :freo: Nathan O’Driscoll
  17. :gws: Zach Reid
  18. :collingwood: Nik Cox
  19. :gws: Brayden Cook
  20. :richmond: Archie Perkins
  21. :melbourne: Zavier Maher
  22. :freo: Brandon Walker BID MATCHED
  23. :melbourne: Isiah Winder
  24. :gws: Caleb Poulter
  25. :hawthorn: Conner Donnie BID MATCHED
  26. :stkilda: Malachi Carruthers
Sneaky, Archie Perkins at 20 to the Tigers, I see what you did there ;)

So - you have Adelaide taking the fifth best player at pick 1, and taking another f***ing tall defender with their next pick?

I would genuinely chuck up if they did that.

I like what Ive seen of Nik Cox. If we draft him he'd surely be played as a KPF. Its what we're craving most.

So - you have Adelaide taking the fifth best player at pick 1, and taking another f***ing tall defender with their next pick?

I would genuinely chuck up if they did that.
Adelaide are high on Thilthorpe, my opinion does not mean he is the 5th best player, and for their second pick I believe they may take carroll if he is still available, otherwise O’Driscoll could be a chance but talk is he may slide. Chapman is by no means a tall defender, almost that in between and he can play on big and small is a well rounded kid with big upside that many clubs have spoken to on multiple occasions. I consider him a better version of Doedee and at that point in the draft calculations is also probably best available. There are a few after that which Adelaide could draft later on who would fall in the range of their picks such as pedlar, spicer, dumesny and they are just SA kids around that mark IMO and could even pinch lake maybe if he is not preselected that will fill areas of need for Adelaide which I think you would have to admit are quite a lot

Last edited:
His highlight package looks great but can’t see North take Ford. Already have Taylor, Thomas, Zurhaar, now Stephenson that play similar roles. Forwards that dabble with a bit of midfield time.

Would like to see Nik Cox end up at Arden St and I think that could definitely happen if we trade down to 5 and pick up Phillips

Adelaide are high on Thilthorpe, my opinion does not mean he is the 5th best player, and for their second pick I believe they may take carroll if he is still available, otherwise O’Driscoll could be a chance but talk is he may slide. Chapman is by no means a tall defender, almost that in between and he can play on big and small is a well rounded kid with big upside that many clubs have spoken to on multiple occasions. I consider him a better version of Doedee and at that point in the draft calculations is also probably best available. There are a few after that which Adelaide could draft later on who would fall in the range of their picks such as pedlar, spicer, dumesny and they are just SA kids around that mark IMO and could even pinch lake maybe if he is not preselected that will fill areas of need for Adelaide which I think you would have to admit are quite a lot
We took a key defender last year, and have another coming in Borlase, plus we have Worrall as a second tall defender.

We need a true tall forward - Himmelburg has shown a lot over the last half dozen games, and Fogarty should lift once Tex isn't there. McDonald is the obvious pick.

Then we need midfielders and mid-sized forwards. Carroll isn't a terrible idea.

This year will be really interesting - the Crows desperately needed a proper coaching unit and time to develop the kids. The year was a writeoff and you didn't see what was there until the last half dozen games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We took a key defender last year, and have another coming in Borlase, plus we have Worrall as a second tall defender.

We need a true tall forward - Himmelburg has shown a lot over the last half dozen games, and Fogarty should lift once Tex isn't there. McDonald is the obvious pick.

Then we need midfielders and mid-sized forwards. Carroll isn't a terrible idea.

This year will be really interesting - the Crows desperately needed a proper coaching unit and time to develop the kids. The year was a writeoff and you didn't see what was there until the last half dozen games.
Agreed. All the talk is they are very high on Thilthorpe and think he will not last till your second pick, maybe this is the year we see a pick 1 traded, but i agree with the fact that they should take McDonald, IMO they should and i would if i was picking for them, just don't think they will given the scuttlebutt for some time now over there thoughts on Thilthorpe, even given his O/P problems this year they believe he didn't get much of a chance to show all his wares and are happy that he didn't provide other clubs with too much info on his improvement.
The problem is he will not last to their second pick (most likely) so do they take the kid they have liked from a long way out or go against that. It will be interesting to see which way they go. Even if they go Thilthorpe it will definitely make the rest of the first round interesting ie. trading of picks and scrambling up the board or go for McDonald and we may then see clubs attempting to trade back or try for future picks.
Should be an interesting draft at least. I know as an Adelaide fan that would not be a priority in any way shape or form but for everyone else it will be very interesting to see the choice they make up there at the number 1 spot.

Hey mate just wondering from a Richmond perspective who could be in the team sights at pick 17?

Would be great if you could share some names for me to do some research on.

Cheers
At 17, and with Richmonds past history at this pick point they will target the best available or a shock slider. This year that could be quite a few as the clubs boards will be so varied, but at the top end it will be almost identical. Around 17 at this stage it looks like players such as, Nik Cox, Archie Perkins, Jack Carroll maybe sliders depending on clubs boards and academy bids, Caleb Poulter, Brayden Cook may be there abouts and Zavier Maher, Brandon Walker, Tom Powell should be available if the Tigers like them. Eddie Ford is one the Tigers like and he could possibly be there but after his video circulated of his highlights lots of people got excited and also.
IMO - Tigers would probably pick someone like Nik Cox if he is available, but with the Richmond game style i think personally Eddie Ford or Brayden Cook if available are Richmond type players, with Brandon Walker and Zavier Maher on the next line of betting.

Not having a crack at you but where is all this talk Adelaide are "high" on Thilthorpe, I've seen or heard nothing along those lines from Hamish Ogilvie at all, or for that matter any Adelaide official. I seriously doubt even any in the media would be privy to who they intend to take with their first pick....if they've even settled on it yet.

Not having a crack at you but where is all this talk Adelaide are "high" on Thilthorpe, I've seen or heard nothing along those lines from Hamish Ogilvie at all, or for that matter any Adelaide official. I seriously doubt even any in the media would be privy to who they intend to take with their first pick....if they've even settled on it yet.
No offence taken. It is as I said scuttlebutt, but rumours go around early on and then gain traction which is where I am coming from.
I have 2 relatives that work for 2 different AFL teams, 1 is a scout for one team and 1 is an assistant coach at another, they don’t ever give me much even though I try, a lot 😏, but I’m also not saying they give me nothing. Although they never give me info there respective teams at all.
Gavin Colville apparently said that the AFC scouts were seen more than any other team scouts last year and this year.
This year is understandable due to COVID and border closures and I’m not sure where to find out about that info or when it was apparently said, but that is what probably started it.
Like I said to Mego Red IMO if I was picking at those exact picks for AFC without them changing I would go McDonald and either one of Chapman or Carroll if available.

Last edited:

Interested as to the talk around O’Driscoll sliding? Have been some rumours that the Crows were looking at bringing him and McDonald across together.

Why do you think the Saints would reach for Carruthers when you have him ranked at 40??

Why do you think the Saints would reach for Carruthers when you have him ranked at 40??
I think they are a well rounded list that may need more help in terms of players good at 1v1 defending and have the talent and skill along with pace to weave through traffic and deliver the ball from half back line. So in terms of my list yes he may be at 40 against all the other players in different positions, but in terms of a rebounding dashing defender who is good at 1 on 1 he is next best available on my board and also had a very good year. He may need 2 years to develop his all round game but is already a sweet kick and reads the play very well, which could have him pushing Hill out of the side in a few years. Yes, they will probably go next best overall from their board but I was just trying to think proactively with their list

Last edited:
Interested as to the talk around O’Driscoll sliding? Have been some rumours that the Crows were looking at bringing him and McDonald across together.
In terms of ODriscoll sliding, that is only because at one point he was mooted as being able to push into that top 5 or 6 and I cannot see that happening now. He could easily be there for their second pick. When I did my mock I not only chose best available IMO for some clubs but best available in terms of need also for some clubs. There is variety this year.

I think they are a well rounded list that may need more help in terms of players good at 1v1 defending and have the talent and skill along with pace to weave through traffic and deliver the ball from half back line. So in terms of my list yes he may be at 40 against all the other players in different positions, but in terms of a rebounding dashing defender who is good at 1 on 1 he is next best available on my board and also had a very good year. He may need 2 years to develop his all round game but is already a sweet kick and reads the play very well, which could have him pushing Hill out of the side in a few years. Yes, they will probably go next best overall from their board but I was just trying to think proactively with their list
Thank for that.
I saw eD had them taking Max Heath who's kind of risen from nowhere but l guess that still fits a similar mold of taking a development project.
It's gonna be a crap shoot without games in Victoria this year..

Thank for that.
I saw eD had them taking Max Heath who's kind of risen from nowhere but l guess that still fits a similar mold of taking a development project.
It's gonna be a crap shoot without games in Victoria this year..
I'm hoping Max Heath, might be 1 year left for both McKernan & Ryder-hopefully 2.

I have mentioned in a past mock draft that I have heard Collingwood and at kilda are interested in max heath. I see his upside but I personally view him as a long term project. Those body types take a few years to develop and are usually cherry ripe to go full time in the big leagues at around 24-25 years of age. The really good ones can get there a bit earlier but it does not happen that often.

I have mentioned in a past mock draft that I have heard Collingwood and at kilda are interested in max heath. I see his upside but I personally view him as a long term project. Those body types take a few years to develop and are usually cherry ripe to go full time in the big leagues at around 24-25 years of age. The really good ones can get there a bit earlier but it does not happen that often.
So about when Grundy begins to decline. In the meantime he’s a nice long term, cheap contract as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back