So what was that about the game being in trouble...

Remove this Banner Ad

With Richmonds support base, and the saints up and about (though they will get absolutely smashed, make no mistake). Id say your unders there. Easy 85K in Melbourne, perhaps 90K if good weather,
This week would have nearly been a sellout. I was talking about last week

and this finals series being the worst ever spectacle to watch because of the shortened games, being played in qld (with no crowds if you listen to wa fans), and the general poor state of the game?

I didn't watch today but it seems there have been 3 absolute quality games so far with the best games still to come (week 1 usually being the week 8th spot gets reamed). Perhaps we need to stop listening to gerard healy and his doomsaying. if he has any consistency whatsoever he should still be saying that the game and finals series is in trouble this week, but you know he wont because he will look like a fool

if this is the spectacle we get when the best teams play each other (rather than when top plays bottom and complaining it was a bad game) then bring it on.
The games were terrible. They were just close. Lets not confuse close sporting contests with good games of football.

The games were terrible. They were just close. Lets not confuse close sporting contests with good games of football.
Thought the Collingwood West Coast game was genuinely good. The others were close but just ok

Had to laugh at Eddie... on the two games in QLD mentioning how surprised he was about how vocal the crowd seemed to be... and knowledgeable. I'm quite sure he thinks QLDers are incapable of understanding or supporting Aussie Rules... but also, fails to take into account how many people from footy states now call QLD their home.

It wasn’t a bad opinion this time last year seeing last years finals series produced some lopsided games and the grand final was over by 1/2 time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back