Socceroos kit for the 2010 World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the one that they've got on there.

Different from what we've previously had.

Ill be forking out some hard earned for that.

australia-world-cup-2010-home-shirt-design.jpg

Like the retro look :thumbsu:

Don't like it, particularly with the white stripe would prefer it to be simply green and gold.

I don't know why they don't just keep it simple.
Plain gold shirt, with nothing but a coat of arms (and sponsors) on the front, green number on the back and green shorts.

Simple is beautiful when it comes to soccer kits for me.

Apparently, this is the away shirt. :eek:

australia-world-cup-2010-away-shirt-design.jpg

The more I look at our home kit, the more I'm starting to adapt to it, but the more I look at the away shirt.... ugh. :thumbsdown:

Have no idea why they want to change the current all-yellow strip. Imo, it's perfect as it is. Simple and effective. I even like our current navy blue away shirt and yellow socks.

Does soccer Australia have a final say in this? I certainly hope they come to their senses and scrap this monstrousity.

I don't know why they don't just keep it simple.
Plain gold shirt, with nothing but a coat of arms (and sponsors) on the front, green number on the back and green shorts.

Simple is beautiful when it comes to soccer kits for me.
National team shirts don't have sponsors' logos on them. Happily.

Yeah, the plain gold shirt is the best one we've had that I've seen, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Please tell me that monstrosity up there isn't the actual shirt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These pics are a lot better with the nike logo and Australian coat of arms added. Unfortunately, I think it looks pretty good. Though, I would much prefer to see a return of our previous world cup kit.

Does anyone else think the reason Australia might choose this design is to appease fifa because Australia's kit looked too similar to South Africa's kit?
south_africa_world_cup_jersey.jpg

Not as bad as I first thought but it's still pigdog ugly and won't be buying one. Also it's a bit ironic that it's being advertised by a player who is a good chance to not be fit in June going on his time in England so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back