SPFL 23/24 - On beIN Sports (Scottish Cup on 10)

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't know about the offside. Have to say, eventually it ended up being correct that we didn't get a penalty. But, the referee's didn't exactly know about the offside until later and deemed the handball wasn't an offence given a goalkick was awarded.

Technically I think the goal kick is correct. That is what the on field ref awarded. VAR checked to see if they needed to override, they didn't, so it was essentially play on based upon the refs call.

The refs are so s**t that I wouldn't put it past them backfitting the offside decision later though.

They should have a live feed to the audio between the ref and the VAR like cricket. "We are just checking a potential handball". "Appears this one may be offside in the lead up". "Rock and roll that please". "Yep that is offside". "Player is offside, stay with your on field decision".

Technically I think the goal kick is correct. That is what the on field ref awarded. VAR checked to see if they needed to override, they didn't, so it was essentially play on based upon the refs call.
It should've been an indirect freekick taken from where Sima was offside. But it seems no-one was aware until much later that he was actually offside. The entire decision from on-field ref and VAR was based on whether or not they thought it was a penalty - which it most certainly should've been under normal circumstances. Ref's made a complete meal of it in the end.

Last edited:
Celtic could beat Rangers in all 4 games this year and still lose the league. Bleeding points left, right and centre.
The title race is certainly shaping up to be quite interesting.

Certainly hoping Aberdeen don't have a new manager bounce against us and we draw level with Celtic.

I'm getting quietly more confident with each week about our title chances. Lot of water to pass under the bridge yet so-to-speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest league derby in a long time next Sunday. League has been practically over at this point in recent years.
It's exciting and also nerve-racking at the same time. Not been this nervous before an Old Firm in a long time.

I've no doubt there will be contentious ref decisions that will cause a meltdown from either side after the game...

I went to bed when Celtic tucked away the pen for 0-2... Thought there was no way back for us. I'll take the 3-3 based on our first half.

I watched the highlights when I woke up in the morning, I definitely missed a frantic finish...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back