SPFL 23/24 - On beIN Sports (Scottish Cup on 10)

Remove this Banner Ad

While I got a great result in England, my Scottish team has been really disappointing. A 3-1 loss and Ross County are in the relegation playoff against Partick. :(

Well done Hoops. Looks like Ange is off to North London.
Celebrate Celtic Fc GIF by Celtic Football Club

Phew! We survived.

County we’re down 3-0 on aggregate with twenty minutes to go before two quick goals and a third in stoppage time levelled the scores. Then after extra time we won 5-4 on penalties to remain in the top flight for another season.

Pretty much every team in the league has figured out to man mark McGregor, including Rangers in the last couple of derbies last season, yet Beale lets him run free all game. Staggering.

Hard for Rangers to sack him though, not many good managers are going to look at that squad and be enthused at taking that job. Unless willing to settle for a McIness / Neilsen type i reckon rangers will be stuck with him for a while yet.

Hope we sack Beale within the next 24h. The guy is an absolute fraud.

Never seen a Celtic side that bad at Ibrox in many a-year, yet still good enough for 3 points.
Yep. Very grim. Squillions spent on signings that are not playing. Very bad tactics and nonexistent shape. Despite it being great, the 55 has been a bit of a curse - too many decisions at the club are made on the basis of ‘that individual’ was great in 20/21.

Beale will limp on for a bit but it’s hard to see this stinky group of players and shitebag defenders doing anything in the league or Europe this season.

Yep. Very grim. Squillions spent on signings that are not playing. Very bad tactics and nonexistent shape. Despite it being great, the 55 has been a bit of a curse - too many decisions at the club are made on the basis of ‘that individual’ was great in 20/21.

Beale will limp on for a bit but it’s hard to see this stinky group of players and shitebag defenders doing anything in the league or Europe this season.
Not wrong! Everything looked terrible out there; no shape, can't get the ball up the park and camped in our own half. Thought Raskin showed a bit of promise last season and was hoping he'd kick on from there, but he's been completely woeful so far. Cantwell is giving it a decent crack, but that's about it. Not much more to say other than it's going to be a long season under Beale - he's an awful manager and he was apparently the brains behind Gerrard's successful 55 season? Massive doubt.

By the way, didn't think Desser committed a fould for Roofe's disallowed goal.

Last edited:
Ok the above was Sakala but it is going to be fun to see Beale completely unwind. Guy talks some amount of s**t, can't help himself at all, you can tell he is a coach and not a manager by his lack of media savvy. He has got a free pass so far because his dumb comments about Celtic and the rest of the league are lapped up and his results up until the cup, if not the football played, have been decent. Soon as the results turn he is going to be chewed up and spat out by Rangers fans. Gio sacked on the back of a Euro final and winning the Scottish cup, he wouldn't want to go trophyless for the season.

Damn. The end is going to come too swiftly here :(

Need to be careful not to OD on the schadenfreud but rangers rabble will be some watch in the morning

Damn. The end is going to come too swiftly here :(

Need to be careful not to OD on the schadenfreud but rangers rabble will be some watch in the morning
Have at it. Rabble is the correct word. Good money after bad on a pile of really poor, Shane Duffy level signings. A shapeless mess on the pitch and still somehow too many of the same faces that have failed to claim silverware time and time again on the roster.

If a manager has a plan, you can put up with some poor results but this is grim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not nice to see people lose their jobs, but that's the cut-throat nature of being a football manager, and I'm happy Rangers finally made the call to sack Beale. Awful, awful manager.

Not nice to see people lose their jobs, but that's the cut-throat nature of being a football manager, and I'm happy Rangers finally made the call to sack Beale. Awful, awful manager.
Beale was a shite bag though. Don't have to go far on Twitter or Reddit to find evidence. As a Tim I can honestly say I had no issue with GVB, Smith, McCoist or the funnier appointments like Warburton and Pedro.

But everything about Beale was horrible starting with him white anting a guy under contract, while he was under contract elsewhere. Through to the 'lucky Ange' claims and the selling of himself as being the real reason behind the 55 win. Reality is he's won * all and is sitting 3rd in a 2 horse race.

Beale was a shite bag though. Don't have to go far on Twitter or Reddit to find evidence. As a Tim I can honestly say I had no issue with GVB, Smith, McCoist or the funnier appointments like Warburton and Pedro.

But everything about Beale was horrible starting with him white anting a guy under contract, while he was under contract elsewhere. Through to the 'lucky Ange' claims and the selling of himself as being the real reason behind the 55 win. Reality is he's won * all and is sitting 3rd in a 2 horse race.
Yep, pretty hard to argue that. He did say some things that made me raise an eyebrow. Ah well, don't really hold much faith we're going to land a decent replacement, anyway. Would the likes of a Dean Smith, Potter, or Ralph Hasenhüttl be a bridge too far? :D

Ross County were up 3-1 in the 87th minute against Motherwell but had to settle for a 3-3 draw after conceding in the 88th and 94th minutes. :mad:

The final Motherwell goal was scored by Max Ross, one of two Ross's playing for the Steelmen in tonight's game, while there isn't any Ross's on the Ross County list. :(

Philippe Clement it is. I think he was my favoured option of the more strongly rumoured one's (Lampard and Muscat seemed to be the others). Won the Belgian title with Genk before Club Brugge took him on and then won 2 more there. Seems a handy type. He's up against it with our squad, though.

Are you happy with that?

Obviously I don't watch them week in / week out but Mackay seemed to be a decent manager?

St Johnstone sacking Callum Davidson hasn't exactly helped them any. I doubt if Livingston sacked Martindale they would improve any either but sacking the manager still the first port of call.

I'm actually surprised looking at the table that Dundee are 4th. I would have had them as going straight back down this year.

Are you happy with that?

Obviously I don't watch them week in / week out but Mackay seemed to be a decent manager?

St Johnstone sacking Callum Davidson hasn't exactly helped them any. I doubt if Livingston sacked Martindale they would improve any either but sacking the manager still the first port of call.
I'm not that upset at his departure because of his murky past, but he did a really good job last season finishing in the top six, it's just a shame we lost so many players during the off season.

He has struggled to get an almost new team to gel this season, so it was understandable that the club and Manager parted company.

Anyway, Ross County have announced their new Manager, and surprise, surprise it's....

Derek Adams

Ross County appoint Derek Adams as he realises dream of third spell after Morecambe exit

I'm actually surprised looking at the table that Dundee are 4th. I would have had them as going straight back down this year.
It's an interesting battle in the bottom half, there are two points between the bottom five, and up until a few weeks ago 5th to 11th was split by only 3pts. During Ross County's 3-3 draw with Motherwell a month ago, they started in 10th, jumped as high as 5th when leading 3-1 before finishing 11th by the end of the game.

I think Rangers and Celtic are ruining Scottish football, the Scottish Premiership would be a fascinating fight between any number of clubs every year if they weren't around. Of course, no one would watch, and whole Scottish Football League would probably go under inside five years, but it could be an exciting five years. :D

Last edited:
Three games under new manager Derek Adams and the Staggies are yet to concede a goal. After a 0-0 draw against Kilmarnock in his first game in charge, we have since won 1-0 against St Mirren and 3-0 against Motherwell this morning to move up to 8th place and two games clear of the relegation spots. :)

Three winnable games (St Mirren, Dundee and Hibs) to come before we head to Ibrox to play Rangers, who we have never beaten in twenty SPFL games. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back