Sports Sporting moments you wish you were at

Remove this Banner Ad

Manchester City winning the title when all seemed lost this year

Being a city fan (and to a lesser extent, any fan) at the game would have been absolutely amazing. Once in a life time experience IMO. No other sport around the world can have a finish to a season like that, as much as I love AFL. 38 matches, and it comes down to practically the last kick of the last game of the season.

Imagine how the supporters who left early would have been feeling! :D

I assume you have read Fever Pitch.

I watched the game live on SBS who made the decision to telecast because the whole season hinged on the result

I have read the book though

Cricket..meh. I can't believe how much i dislike cricket these days. A decade ago i would have been hanging for the season to start..these days i seriously cannot handle how robotic, how boring, how contrived Australian cricket has become.

Now when i watch cricket i can fully understand why people used to make the comments they did. What a s**t boring sport!

Anyway i wish i was at both world cup finals when the argies won it. Even though 1978 was ****ed as people were getting tortured and killed a mere 100 metres from the stadium while the game was on just the unity form the argie people during such a s**t time would have been electric! They parted on the streets for days on end at a time where public gatherings were banned! People just let loose for that week!

And of course 1986 and Maradona. I mean the Argie side of 1986 was average at best but with Diego wow! Wish i was at the Arg Vs Eng game.

I was at the 2010 Collingwood GF (both) yet I missed out on this GF cause i am in sidders now. :(

Being a city fan (and to a lesser extent, any fan) at the game would have been absolutely amazing. Once in a life time experience IMO. No other sport around the world can have a finish to a season like that, as much as I love AFL. 38 matches, and it comes down to practically the last kick of the last game of the season.

Imagine how the supporters who left early would have been feeling! :D

What, like this?

:p

That's one of the moments I wish I was at too, along with Jordans 63 and game 5 of the NBA finals last year where Mike Miller hit 7 (?) three pointers.

i was in the toilet and grabbing beers when peter siddle took his hat-trick at the gabba :thumbsdown:
Strange place to get your beers from...

Anyway, I was at the WACA when McGrath took his hat-trick (including Test wicket number 300), but my brother really wishes he wasn't stuck in a queue outside the gate.

23tlf00_display_image.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back