Sports Sporting moments you wish you were at

Remove this Banner Ad

Vecto

Senior List
Jan 15, 2011
The CBD
AFL Club
Carlton
What is a moment that wish you were there for? From any sport of your choosing. Mine would have to be this one.

the party hole would've completely gone off after that. would've been amazing.

What's yours?

Hard to top that FG.

That last day at Adelaide when Warney cleaned the Poms up is another that comes to mind.
Lucky enough to be there for that one, was also at Edgbaston in '99 for the tied World Cup semi against South Africa.
For mine I think Ellis Park in 1995 for the World Cup Final would have been pretty amazing.

Not even a Pens fan - but this is one of the greatest goals of all time. OF ALL TIME. Stanley Cup final, Game 2.

Would've liked to be there in 1966, my granddad and his brother both were and his brother fainted on the siren. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong vs West Coast 2006 at Kardinya Park.
Was that the 54 point comeback at half time or whatever it was? I was there :D I took great delight in Geelong supporters sorrows after that game.

Wish I'd have been at the game where John Aloisi put us into the World Cup.

Just one big party atmosphere.

Was lucky enough to be there that night...was incredible. Lots of strangers were hugged when that penalty went in. Walking through the streets of Sydney afterwards and the next day with Aussie shirts on was just as much fun.

Under a year later was at the GF when the Eags won the flag by a point. Fair to say those 12 months may have been the pinnacle of my sport watching life :)

I would have loved to be in Germany for the Australia vs Japan game in the World Cup in 2006, would have topped that year off nicely, tho thats just being greedy.

San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers Playoff match 1999 - After losing three consecutive playoff games against the Packers, the Niners finally won on a last second pass from Steve Young to Terrell Owens. The commentary from a SF radio station just adds to the moment...

Also, a very similar moment which took place in almost the exact spot of the same stadium as the above vid, just a few months ago. Alex Smith to Vernon Davis to win the Divisional Playoff against the New Orleans Saints...

Here's the final drive...

And here's the view from the stands...

Wish I'd have been at the game where John Aloisi put us into the World Cup.

Just one big party atmosphere.
Definitely.

I actually saw John Aloisi the other day in Melbourne. I don't really get starstruck over Australian sportspeople, but this guy did it to me. Could you imagine the feeling of stepping up to take it? Jesus. I think it would've been absolutely raw to be there.

This. I just think it would've felt like we were finally going somewhere, like the worst was behind us and the club was getting somewhere. But alas...

Chuck in the game against Japan in 2006 as well. I think you'd feel like you really belonged to something. It really depresses me that I'll probably never go to a World Cup, and my want to go as a 20-something has been killed by a rigged voting system.

Also, the last game at Highbury. It depressed me for a long time that I'd never be able to see my beloved Arsenal play there.

Cathy Freeman is the one that stands out. Lighting the flame and the pressure of the situation, it was an epic performance.

Would have loved to have been at the WACA for Gilly's quick fire hundred

Remove this Banner Ad

Back