Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok let's look at some data

Hawkins - 48 career games at Docklands
Dangerfield - 37
Duncan - 33
C Guthrie - 28
Etc

How many games have senior Saints played at Kardinia Park?

Ross- 6
Hill- 5
Sinclair - 4
Etc

Massive discrepancy. Geelong players way more familiar with StKildas's home ground than vice versa. When you add in the fact that Geelong's ground is a unique shape and Marvel is more standard that discrepancy only grows.

Except crowd is a huge factor influencing home advantage in sport.

Many studies show this using covid data.

That's what St Kilda faces too, we hosted Collingwood at the G this year. Crowd seemed probably 50/50 but mightve sounded different if Saints hadn't been winning.

And unlike Geelong we barely get any games where the crowd is 80-90% in our favour. About 5 a year. Geelong gets 9. That's a nice advantage.

not true- Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn, Dogs, North, GWS all split their home games across two venues.

And as I mentioned previously, half, if not most, of Geelong's fan base lives in Melbourne. I know loads of Geelong supporters. If Geelong has 25,000 people at the game and most of them are members sitting near the play, but Carlton or Collingwood have 45,000 and they're a bit louder, hardly a huge disadvantage. I'd call that fairly neutral.
we get it. Saints fans want to play home games at Moorabbin if the seating capacity is 30-35,000 seats

Both King brothers are two of the most heartless players in the AFL, it's no wonder when King missed a big stretch last year the Saints went on a winning streak. I think I even said in this thread they would be better if King doesn't come back and was laughed at but proven correct.

Both King brothers are two of the most heartless players in the AFL, it's no wonder when King missed a big stretch last year the Saints went on a winning streak. I think I even said in this thread they would be better if King doesn't come back and was laughed at but proven correct.
Does anyone know the win % with and without King?

Issue is low inside 50 numbers and poor entries

Too much boundary riding.
King usually has three on him. Bloke isn't getting a fair run.

Ball movement is an issue.
Absolutely. No forward could thrive with how we move the ball and set up.

All the attention is on King's form but every one of our forwards has gone backwards this year. It's a system issue more so than an individual problem, though very few media outlets want to look at the bigger issue.

Does anyone know the win % with and without King?

I don't know but its not as much as our win % with and without Mason Wood. If anyone here has studied statistics they would know you can't make a case against a player with such simple stats.

Correlation does not imply causation.

You might argue when Max is in shit form he's not bringing much to the team but when he is in form he feels like a genuine weapon. The kid needs to adjust his demeanor and application on the field though because its a bad look and he invites a lot of the criticism because of that.

His brother doesn't attract the same criticism despite their career's being pretty much equal to date with Max slightly ahead on most numbers.

Last edited:
I don't know but its not as much as our win % with and without Mason Wood. If anyone here has studied statistics they would know you can't make a case against a player with such simple stats.

Correlation does not imply causation.

You might argue when Max is in s**t form he's not bringing much to the team but when he is in form he feels like a genuine weapon. The kid needs to adjust his demeanor and application on the field though because its a bad look and he invites a lot of the criticism because of that.

His brother doesn't attract the same criticism despite their career's being pretty much equal to date with Max slightly ahead on most numbers.
Ben was the lower draft pick, generally accepted as the less talented twin, playing in a pretty dismal Suns side (never played finals, Saints have made finals twice in Maxs time) and Ben doesnt have the sooky body language.

Bens also now leading the Coleman i believe.

The reasons are pretty clear why Max gets the critiques.

Ross Lyon (allegedly) White-Anting Mark Harvey, David Teague and Brett Rattan in his ruthless ambitions for coaching and or financial gain is really something I find unpalatable.

Carlton choosing Vossy over Lyon as our next coach was a real sliding doors/turning point in our club's recent history..

One I am forever thankful for..
Dude, your team is made up of first round draft picks and still won't win a Grand Final under Voss but keep deluding yourself.

Lol please you lost to a bottom 4 team with their starting FF, CHF, CHB and FB missing. We were missing goals from the goal square today.

The game could have been played at Moorabin and you still would have lost.

Just a nothing side. A side chock full of B and C graders at the moment. Owens, Wilson and NWM have the potential to be A graders but not there yet.

Saints need to figure out exactly what they are doing because they are going nowhere at the moment.
Although we were missing at least two midfielders (Dow and Crouch) who would of made a difference. But hey, keep up with the under dog narrative there bud.

Marvel is your home ground, so it's not neutral territory. We don't play home games on a carpark in Melbourne with a 50k seating cap.

MCG can be considered a neutral venue. We don't know how you'd fare against us there because you're not big enough to get games there anymore. Last time was in 2011, when we beat you on two occasions.

On a true neutral venue - the Gabba - we beat you in 2020. We've beaten you at your home ground on many occasions in the last decade, and you've not beaten us at ours. Maybe if you were more relevant, you'd be one of our home MCG matches, but your club would have to start performing better.
So at Geelong peak winning years, how many home games did you get against Tigers and Pies. Pot calling the kettle black.

North have had to play GWS at their western Sydney petting zoo, Gold Coast at their 5-0 Darwin home, and Geelong in Geelong. Plus had to play Brisbane in Adelaide, which is their 2nd home.

4-5 for us if we weren’t screwed by the fixture. Bloody brilliant news, we aren’t winless
I feel for North as well, AFL catch cry is it's a fair game but is it really with the fixture and academies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although we were missing at least two midfielders (Dow and Crouch) who would of made a difference. But hey, keep up with the under dog narrative there bud.
Dow? Are you perhaps a tad in denial?

Dow?

Making a difference?

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back