Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lyon (allegedly) White-Anting Mark Harvey, David Teague and Brett Rattan in his ruthless ambitions for coaching and or financial gain is really something I find unpalatable.

Carlton choosing Vossy over Lyon as our next coach was a real sliding doors/turning point in our club's recent history..

One I am forever thankful for..

This should age well by the time the season ends.

Ross Lyon (allegedly) White-Anting Mark Harvey, David Teague and Brett Rattan in his ruthless ambitions for coaching and or financial gain is really something I find unpalatable.

Carlton choosing Vossy over Lyon as our next coach was a real sliding doors/turning point in our club's recent history..

One I am forever thankful for..
Ross Lyon didn't white ant Mark Harvey.

Dockers only made finals once under Mark Harvey from 2007-2011.

I will always savour every final under Ross Lyon in that 2012-5 era

Welcome to no mans land Carlton.

We have saved you another seat.

sit-here-homer.gif

Brett Ratten somehow got your side to an Elim final win in 2020. Your last finals win before that was in 2010. Think about that
yep and what happened in the 2 following years? Ratten was defeated at the end of 2022, and seemed out of ideas and unable to deal with the dismal 2nd half of the year, but a senior coach is about so much more than game day and that's what ultimately did him in, the Monday to Friday aspect.

2020, the biggest * year ever, Jeckle and Hyde year again, some great wins but some dismal losses, Lost to WC fielding a WAFL side, literally fell into finals as other teams found ways not to win as well, a bit like our 2023 finals, good wins, poor losses, teams failing to take advantage

yep and what happened in the 2 following years? Ratten was defeated at the end of 2022, and seemed out of ideas and unable to deal with the dismal 2nd half of the year, but a senior coach is about so much more than game day and that's what ultimately did him in, the Monday to Friday aspect.

2020, the biggest * year ever, Jeckle and Hyde year again, some great wins but some dismal losses, Lost to WC fielding a WAFL side, literally fell into finals as other teams found ways not to win as well, a bit like our 2023 finals, good wins, poor losses, teams failing to take advantage

Put it in this view. Be fortunate Saints beat the dogs in 2020 elim final. Had you not won that final, your last finals win would stretch back to 2010 prelim final.

I am glad freo won their 2022 elim final vs the dogs. Had freo not won that, it would mean freos last finals win is vs the swans in 2015 Qualifying final.

Last thing you want is Big footy fans on here reminding you of the saints last finals win. Just ask Essendon fans.

Dow isnt exactly a prime dustin martin or patrick Dangerfield isnt he?
Did I say that? Nope, All I'm pointing out is Steele needs help from other inside midfielders. Get the balll and deliver it to the outside so we have first use of rhe ball and ain't chasing our tails.

In the Hawks game, who else was a pure inside midfielder for Saints?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a lock out last night at the SCG with a significant number of fans turned away, over 44,000.

But Saints are a bigger club than the Swans so similar scenes for Saints game no doubt LOL

Even more reason why this so called ‘anomaly’ of spuds game gets evened out, also keeping in mind Swans have already hosted a derby against GWS which over 40k attended, and thus validating Saints home crowd average of 41k compared to Swans 39k.

Hey, we can even include the crowd averages since 1997 or inception of footy, if 2023 wasn’t enough.

Or, if you prefer let’s include membership numbers which continue to increase under Ross, with saints currently at 59k after a record season last year, and Swans currently at 57k.

What spine currently?
Lewis
Chol/Dear
Newcombe/worpel
Meek
Sicily
With the possibility of Philips, Weddle and Blanck

Rebuild looks done to me, unless you guys are just looking for a Full Back but that isn't really a big issue with the way teams play now a days

How many are missing two inside mids and two small forwards? That's 3 best 22 that would make us instantly better.
Just our players using slightly more footy nouse than an AusKick side would make us instantly better. Our players are morons and Ross the Toss doesn't know how to prepare them to play a match and doesn't give a shit about their performance.

90% of our problems are between the ears of both the players and the coach and none of them seem to want to do anything to deal with it.

Just our players using slightly more footy nouse than an AusKick side would make us instantly better. Our players are morons and Ross the Toss doesn't know how to prepare them to play a match and doesn't give a s**t about their performance.

90% of our problems are between the ears of both the players and the coach and none of them seem to want to do anything to deal with it.
Then why support a team you dislike so much. Glutton for punishment? We have been fielding a young side (especially in the middle) so what do you expect? Instant stars? No development takes time. Chill out.

Lewis
Chol/Dear
Newcombe/worpel
Meek
Sicily
With the possibility of Philips, Weddle and Blanck

Rebuild looks done to me, unless you guys are just looking for a Full Back but that isn't really a big issue with the way teams play now a days
Lewis seems eternally injured
Dear is new, Chol is a 3rd forward
Newcombe struggled earlier in the year
Meek has suprised
Sicily struggling until his game vs the Dogs
Weddle very promising

Phillips is unknown and Blanck just a possibility (as you say), can put McCabe in there as another unknown
Not sure that is enough depth

Then why support a team you dislike so much. Glutton for punishment? We have been fielding a young side (especially in the middle) so what do you expect? Instant stars? No development takes time. Chill out.
You can love the club and hate the piss weak effort our playing groups and coaches continue to put in, picking and choosing whether they bother to turn up prepared to work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back