St Kilda, Ross Lyon, The Psychology Of Tribe, And Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

and all without Fyfe... ahhh, I'm gonna enjoy this week. Eat a huge bag of schvontz StK and whatever other Vic's wanna get upset over this. The way
You stick together is lame too by the way, watch a derby to get an idea of what a proper rivalry is- this thread was started by a Cats supporter- says it all.

Pfft, bloke changed jobs. Pathetic of Saints fans to boo him tonight, really classless. Took them to 2 gfs (or 3 if you want to be pedantic). Instilled a competitive spirit in them that was envied by most other clubs. And with a young family and in financial strife took the best offer he received. Totally bought the media sensationalism. Even if it wasnt the best way to go about it, it wasn't so terrible that his service should be forgotten.
Disgraceful.

Back in about 2002 when I changed the Collingwood board name to the "Leigh Matthews Board" I was thoroughly castigated.

I could not understand how they could be offended at honouring the name of the last man to coach them to a Grand Final win.

Last year I nearly threw up when I heard Ross Lyon went to see Riewoldt in hospital. What gave him the right to compromise Riewoldt like that, I thought? Then he goes off and sees Lenny Hayes. Thats what I heard. :confused:

You really don't understand the concept of relationships in sport and life do you?

Ha ill never forget the "Back in Town" backpage headline St Kilda got when they beat the Gold Coast.

Beaten 2 terrible sides, and lost to a satisfactory side and a terrible side.

Marching nowhere, Saints.

Wait till we get a hold of ya.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a stupid thing to say ! ?? i may as well say if we had a better forward line we would have beaten them by more...easily.

:confused:
Well they had more clearances, contested possessions, tackles and inside 50s. Most of the time they went forward they had no one to kick to. Reiwoldt and Milne are past it. Kosi is average. They let that game get away.

People from WA here are clearly bias and do not want to accept the fact that they were outplayed tonight.

Lol. Dockers were the better side.

At the end of the day the better side won. StKilda is not a top eight side.

Wouldn't write them off yet, but the Dockers were better last night.

As per the OP, I'd reckon the Saints' admin didn't go hard after Lyon left because they knew they were the one who stuffed up and didn't want to provoke any negative stories about the clubs management.

I wasn't trying to "win" over the victors. That side of it didn't occur to me, anyway. They just as easily could have said "You are right. And we are smarter." And I would have agreed.

The Saints just didn't finish off. And when the opportunity came to break down the Docker's game, they just didn't stick to it long enough to give themselves a chance. I thought the Saints had enough control to win the game.

They didn't though, they squandered and missed the opportunities they needed to take to win, that's poor football. Freo took their opportunities and Saints paid for it.

You really don't understand the concept of relationships in sport and life do you?

I know how they can be manipulated. I have seen people get psyched. I don't think those Sainter players will ever beat their old boss.

I reckon the Geelong team are a good team of haters. I think they used Gazza and Bomber leaving the way they did as motivation. They sure hate losing to Hawthorn. Yet they aren't bitter. That's the trick. ;)

Why are you arguing? That's what I said. A more focused Saints team may have won. We agree.

Because you somehow think that StKilda were the better team even though they missed the oppurtunities they needed to win the game.

Not sure how much hatred and anger has to do with things, to be honest. Fremantle won because they were the better side and had more poise when it really mattered.

Great "eight point win" on the road for Fremantle. They really need to win a lot of these away games against mid table teams if they want to finish top four. Historically they have failed miserably in these road games.

Well they had more clearances, contested possessions, tackles and inside 50s. Most of the time they went forward they had no one to kick to. Reiwoldt and Milne are past it. Kosi is average. They let that game get away.

So Freo were the better side.

So Freo were the better side.

Mate you are kidding yourself if you think you were the better side last night.

You got a lucky win like you did against Geelong thanks to the umpires.

It looks like Freo also bought themselves an umpires gold pass when they bought their new coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back