It's Happening Ross Lyon is Back to Coach St Kilda - Presser Link in OP

Where will Stkilda finish in 2023

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it sure as s**t isn’t the same gameplan as the last time he coached us.

Freo were actually the ones who were moving the ball forward the way we used to back then. Sideways, backwards, then sideways again. Whereas we were trying to move it forward quickly and directly at every opportunity. King and co will love playing forward with the ball going in there much faster, when they return to the team.

Got to wonder how far Freo will go moving the ball forward like that. They’re going against the grain of what’s working in footy at the moment.

Well it sure as s**t isn’t the same gameplan as the last time he coached us.

Freo were actually the ones who were moving the ball forward the way we used to back then. Sideways, backwards, then sideways again. Whereas we were trying to move it forward quickly and directly at every opportunity. King and co will love playing forward with the ball going in there much faster, when they return to the team.

Got to wonder how far Freo will go moving the ball forward like that. They’re going against the grain of what’s working in footy at the moment.

Well the point was Dockers are used to Taberner and Lobb in the forward 50. If theres no one clear in the forward 50, Bomb it in the goal square where tabs and lobb is.

Dockers did enter a fair bit of the ball in the forward 50 by the wings though.

Yep dont understand the dislike towards Ross as coach he's a bloody good one I wanted him at Essendon just he didn't want to go through the processif he did the job would have been his imo

Well I have been a dockers fan since 2001.

And you look at Freos history.... 8 times out of 28 years freo made finals from 1995-2022.

Those Years were : 2003, 2006, 2010, 2012-15 and 2022. That 2012-15 period was under Ross Lyon.

And you wonder why I savoured every final under Ross Lyon. He is the only coach to guide freo to finals for at least 2 years in a row. That shows you how low my standards are. lol

Its funny How some Port Fans Bash Ken Hinkley. But Port under coach hinkley have made finals in 2013-4, 2017, 2020-21. So he made back to back finals twice.

His record is 5 wins and 5 losses.

I would be happy seeing freo make finals 10-12 times out of the next 30 and win 5 finals in a 30 year period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross was not always a likeable man, could be a smart alec smug and dismissive. And from another time when certain behaviour and attitudes were prevalent.
There were other rumours at freo, only rumours as far as I can tell.
He knows the game as well as anyone. He is demanding to a fault. He is organised and systematic. He is laser focused.
I reckon 3.0 is much improved, he has adjusted some of his behaviours to current social mores, he has zlso adapted his natural predilictions to the modern game.
Saints have only had him back for a short time, already they play a dynamic tough uncompremising game style, and not afraid to have an attacking crack.
For me personally, the tackling gets me out of my chair, I don't even follow the Saints. Tiges had this effect on me during their 4 years. Aggressive tackling sets the tone for the whole team, it's one of the last bastions in footy when a player can legally damage and intimidate oppo players.
Along with Pies, maybe bombers, maybe north, blues, they are required watching each week just to see what they will deliver each game. A real aura of the unexpected about them.

Ross was not always a likeable man, could be a smart alec smug and dismissive. And from another time when certain behaviour and attitudes were prevalent.
He knows the game as well as anyone. He is demanding to a fault. He is organised and systematic. He is laser focused.
I reckon 3.0 is much improved, he has adjusted some of his behaviours to current social mores, he has zlso adapted his natural predilictions to the modern game.
Saints have only had him back for a short time, already they play a dynamic tough uncompremising game style, and not afraid to have an attacking crack.
For me personally, the tackling gets me out of my chair, I don't even follow the Saints. Tiges had this effect on me during their 4 years. Aggressive tackling sets the tone for the whole team, it's one of the last bastions in footy when a player can legally damage and intimidate oppo players.
Along with Pies, maybe bombers, maybe north, blues, they are required watching each week just to see what they will deliver each game. A real aura of the unexpected about them.
This Ross Lyon character hasn't harassed anyone yet. Definately not ladies LoL

He was the exact type of coach gws needed would have got the most out of your list

King Ross The Boss!

Looked bored af during the first quarter against the Dogs, like it was a massive inconvenience having to even watch the game.
"I know the result, hurry up with it flogs!"
Lovely work in the presser too, gets asked a question, rambles on about Lenny Hayes and Rob Harvey and whatever.
"Oh yeah nah Hunter is good he did the work leave me alone now I'm hungry"

Doing a very good job I think!

King Ross The Boss!

Looked bored af during the first quarter against the Dogs, like it was a massive inconvenience having to even watch the game.
"I know the result, hurry up with it flogs!"
Lovely work in the presser too, gets asked a question, rambles on about Lenny Hayes and Rob Harvey and whatever.
"Oh yeah nah Hunter is good he did the work leave me alone now I'm hungry"

Doing a very good job I think!
This is the closest we'll all get to owning DeLorean's and travelling back to 2009. Make the most of it

Back