It's Happening Ross Lyon is Back to Coach St Kilda - Presser Link in OP

Where will Stkilda finish in 2023

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross ball is back and opposition sides are going to find it hard to score against.
I agree mate....

Ross Lyon, Ken Hinkley and Brad Scott are underrated coaches.

Ken Hinkley has won 5 finals in 9 years. Some teams should be fortunate to win 5 finals in 30 seasons.

Brad Scott won 4 finals in 10 seasons at North. Mind you, those 4 wins all came in 2014-5.

I'm hoping the bulk of this off season is spent on ball movement and the forward half game. There have been times where it's looked really good but too inconsistent.

The Boss has got us back to playing finals despite all our injuries.

I don't expect us to win a flag this year but we've won some respect and proven a lot of people wrong.

We've still got a lot of work left to do but we are heading in the right direction with the best coach in the business steering the ship.

The Boss has got us back to playing finals despite all our injuries.

I don't expect us to win a flag this year but we've won some respect and proven a lot of people wrong.

We've still got a lot of work left to do but we are heading in the right direction with the best coach in the business steering the ship.
Ironic.... Because your posts on 2012-19 you posted hate posts towards ross lyon lol

Ironic.... Because your posts on 2012-19 you posted hate posts towards ross lyon lol

I thought he lost his way at Freo but now he is back where he belongs at St Kilda he is a much better coach again.

He looks a lot better wearing red, white and black than wearing purple.

The way the players were celebrating the win last week, it was as if they had achieved what they set to do as young boys growing up. Simply making the finals is the pass mark for this club.

Nah. It's more to do with being tipped to finish bottom 4-6 and then losing King, Membrey, Hayes, Coffield, Jones, Billings... and somehow making do with a forward line of Philipou, Caminiti, Owens (future seems bright).

You're blinded by hate, can't operate objectively and have no idea. Grow up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way the players were celebrating the win last week, it was as if they had achieved what they set to do as young boys growing up. Simply making the finals is the pass mark for this club.

I expect them to get beaten by 2-3 goals week one v GWS.
Probably finish 10th next year.
Play finals 2025.
Finish 9th 2026.

This is the history of the St Kilda Football Club in a nutshell.
You know what... You might have a point. I am a Dockers fan my self. So I wouldnt call Freo or Saint kilda or North Melbourne minnow clubs.

Saints spent 2012-19 not making finals. So that 2020 elim final was their 1st finals win since 2010.

Saying that, I savoured my teams 2022 elim final vs the dogs too, 1st finals win since 2015. Crazy that David Mundy and Michael Walters were the only 2 blokes left from the 2012-5 era that won 4 finals under Ross Lyons dockers side that played in that 2022 elim final.

They were also in our last coaches win before ross lyons era too, the 2010 elim final vs Hawks under coach mark Harvey. Nathan fyfe could of been added on that list with Mundy and Walters but he was injured in the 2022 finals series.

Nah. It's more to do with being tipped to finish bottom 4-6 and then losing King, Membrey, Hayes, Coffield, Jones, Billings... and somehow making do with a forward line of Philipou, Caminiti, Owens (future seems bright).

I have said, I have no Animosity towards Ross Lyon, I have moved on from him. lol

People talk all this nonsense Ross Lyon doesnt play youf. Looking at your post, he does that.

You lost those players at the beginning of the season.
For the best part of half the year, you had a full and healthy list to choose from.
You even lost King for the rest of the year and lo and behold, he's back within 4 weeks and kicking bags of goals again.
You need to thank your lucky stars you ran into teams who were legitimately banged up in the latter stages of the season which allowed you to notch up those 1-2 extra wins securing finals.

Ross is a good coach but you are kidding yourself if you think he's the messiah.

So you have forgiven Ross Lyon?

Forget and Forgive is one of our mottos at St Kilda, we forget that Ross Lyon went to Freo and we forgive him for leaving St Kilda.

Now that he is back with us all is forgiven and forgotten.

Forget and Forgive is one of our mottos at St Kilda, we forget that Ross Lyon went to Freo and we forgive him for leaving St Kilda.

Now that he is back with us all is forgiven and forgotten.
I call bulls**t on this part. lol

Did you in anyway shape or form went on verbal and nasty tirades when ross lyon was freos coach from 2012-19? lol

You lost those players at the beginning of the season.

Yes, that's exactly the point.

For the best part of half the year, you had a full and healthy list to choose from.

That is complete nonsense.

King - 10 matches
Membrey - 6 matches
Hayes - 1 match, literally returned last week
Coffield - 0 matches
Jones - 4 matches
Billings - 3 matches

You even lost King for the rest of the year and lo and behold, he's back within 4 weeks and kicking bags of goals again.
You need to thank your lucky stars you ran into teams who were legitimately banged up in the latter stages of the season which allowed you to notch up those 1-2 extra wins securing finals.

And I have a freckle on my leg... not sure what any of this has to with with how they were happy with their win last week.

Ross is a good coach but you are kidding yourself if you think he's the messiah.

Huh? Where have I even said that? You're rambling just a little.

I call bulls**t on this part. lol

Did you in anyway shape or form went on verbal and nasty tirades when ross lyon was freos coach from 2012-19? lol

Haha, I agree with you on this, the forgive-and-forget parts have only been since Ross came back and we've been forced into it.

As it turns out though a lot can now acknowledge Ross was screwed by the club as well at the time and had genuine reasons for leaving.

If the club had not admitted that fact Ross wouldn't have come back at all.

Stop wasting your hatred Towards Ross Lyon. lol

I have no Animosity towards Ross Lyon. None. I posted that many times.

He got you into finals.

Haha, I agree with you on this, the forgive-and-forget parts have only been since Ross came back and we've been forced into it.

As it turns out though a lot can now acknowledge Ross was screwed by the club as well at the time and had genuine reasons for leaving.

I guess it depends on How Ross Lyon Left.

Yeah Saints fans were angry and upset how Ross Lyon left in 2011. Yet it sometimes upsets me that saints forget your finals era of 2008-11. 2 of those years you made the grand final, the 3rd year in 2008 was a prelim, the 4th was an elim final.

Certain saints fans unleashed their Anger towards ross lyon while he was freos coach from 2012-19.

As For me.... I savoured every year Ross Lyon was our coach, it was never a dull moment here.

I will savour the dockers 2012-15 finals run. Especially 2013 season for Obvious reasons, which got us a grand final. Standards went up a fair bit too.

Conisdering what freo achieved finals wise from 1995-2010 which was....

- 2003 elim final loss to essendon

- 3 finals in 2006 which was a QF loss to crows, a semi final win vs demons and prelim loss to swans

- 2 finals in 2010, the 2010 elim final win to the hawks and 2010 semi final loss to the cats.

2012-15 was an amazing experience for me. I savoured every final we had under ross lyon. Its the only time freo made back to back finals or finals for 2 years in a row. We havent made back to back finals before the ross Lyon coaching era or since.

Barring a flag, the only minor things I would change...

- Beating Port in round 22, 2005 because that would mean finals under coach chris connolly in 2005-6.

- Beating Essendon in 2021, to take their 8th spot in 2021, that would also mean back to back finals Under coach Justin Longmuir in 2021-22.

- Maybe beating the demons in the final round of 1997 or winning one more close game earlier that season to take Brisbanes 8th spot. That means dockers make finals in their 3rd year rather than wait until 2003.

Yeah your team had an ageing squad in 2012-5. Saints nearly made finals in 2012 though then you had the drop in 2013-5.

It wasnt Ross Lyons fault the recruiters chose badly in those 2013-5 drafts.

Looks like an inspired and gutsy decision to bring Ross back. Got us a home final in his first season back while getting a whole lot of game time into our youth. He used to work with a squad of 26 experienced players while ignoring the rest of the list, but this year we've had kids playing key roles all season.

Wanganeen-Milera 23 games
Phillipou 23
Owens 22
Stocker 22
Byrnes 20
Windhager 18
Caminiti 17
Sharman 15

Last season that Ross coached us we didn't have any players in their first 3 seasons getting regular games. You can say that this is partially because our recruiting was poor and we had a strong senior team, but Ross would favour the likes of McQualter and Eddy over Armitage and Steven since they had completed their 'four year apprenticeship'

Back