AFLW St. Kilda vs Richmond Friday 7 January, 7.15pm Skybus Stadium Frankston

Remove this Banner Ad

That preseason has done Conti wonders.
Noticeably fitter.
Reckon she’s shed 5kg
Could we potentially see a similar thing from Dusty this year with the leaner frame? Conti played moved really well and was the clear stand-out of the side tbh. In the B&F race if Richmond win enough games

Awesome win by the team…38points…dominanot from start to finish
great atmosphere at Frankston…good night for it…love this ground

love the way they are taking the game on…skills have improved

good season ahead

go tigers
Depth so much better and Fergs is a pretty fair coach can see a distinct brand of footy

Before we all get over excited with tonight results

who are the players missing from both teams that would be considered in the teams top 10 players
Only one number 1 draft pick missing from either side. The rest who cares

Mackenzie and she would cancel our just about anyone comparable from the saints

Not quite.
Georgia Patrikios is a much bigger loss to Saints than Ellie is to us.
Georgia is already in my top 5 of AFLW players.
Ellie will be but not yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before we all get over excited with tonight results

who are the players missing from both teams that would be considered in the teams top 10 players
Ellie McKenzie is worth about 10 players , she’ll be top 5 in comp within 18mths. I expected us to W this , we smashed them in the end , a great boost for belief, big game against Demons next week will be a step up , they won’t be taking us lightly

We had a recognizable plan. Something that you couldn’t say about the last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last year was evident we were on the improve, our results said as much as we were in most games against qty oppo. Depth has gone up another notch , helps thread it all together

Last year was evident we were on the improve, our results said as much as we were in most games against qty oppo. Depth has gone up another notch , helps thread it all together
Yeah and our offence has overall been pretty solid. The last time we actually scored below 30 was Round 2 last year. Not many teams can say that!

Positive for me was I thought all the off season recruits who played for us last night all showed something

Also our defence looks solid all compliment each other

St kilda behind the eight ball missing a couple and having a media performer as a coach (why would ya?).
We looked fitter but Saints never really had the initiative at any stage so we didn’t have to chase and scramble.
Don’t want to pot anyone but hope Elle comes in for Burchell and not having to play Frederick makes us less predictable.
Forward line was threatening all game,
I love the way Wakefield comes out of the square, ball movement was great,Seymour standing up in tackles.
How good was Leavey for her tenth game or whatever it was, bloody terrific.

Next week is gonna be a ripper.

Great game Tigers and happy for the players and coaches, finally playing for points and that they've got off to such a great start. Mon is an absolute star of this comp. Courtney dominant forward and our forwards hungry. We will gain loads of confidence from the win and the way they constructed it. I can't remember a game where we were so solid across all areas of the ground. Our skill execution, especially our handball game was awesome. Now just need to keep the consistency of bringing at this level. We have a real test up next week against the Dees midfield of Paxton, Hanks etc, but we have the pieces to the jigsaw this year to hopefully now test some of the top teams.

Last edited:
Thought the girls were brilliant last night. Playing a sustainable brand and the ball movement has improved markedly. The team seems far more balanced. Losing Frederick may be a blessing in disguise as we seemed a lot more mobile and the forward structure was far better. Defence really solid. Darcy, Jess Hoskins, Cordner and Dempsey look like a solid unit, hard to score against.

Tackling was was a big improvement and the link up play on transition was exciting. Can't wait for Ellie Mac to slot back in to that midfield set up.

Whilst the oppo were pretty average (I doubt they will win a game this year and their coach meh), we ran away with that game and were getting stronger the longer than game went.

Big test against Melb next week but a terrific first match. Couldn't ask for much more.

Patrikios isn’t injured, if she cared about her team she’d have been playing last night

Whichever side of the fence you sit on regarding vaccines, to suggest Georgia doesn’t care about her team is utterly ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back