State of Origin State of Origin XVI Round 2: Western Australia vs South Australia @ Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

2wasa.png

We're in Round 2 of the 2021 State of Origin Carnival as Western Australia are set to meet South Australia at Perth Stadium. Western Australia are coming off a whirlwind comeback win in Country Victoria after a 9-goal fourth term secured them the 4 points in the opening round, they come back to their home ground with a very unfamiliar feeling since the return of SoO - the feeling of hope. Meanwhile, South Australia are coming off a disastrous opening round no-showing where they did not manage to score a single point against The Bye. They'll be desperately hoping for significant improvement in Round 2 of Series XVI.

Players To Watch

Western Australia -
BLUEALLTHRU is coming off a best on ground game against Vic Country with 23 disposals and 3 goals.

Barrybran had 26 disposals and 9 tackles doing much of the grunt work in Round 1.

TheInjuryFactory was dynamic on the wing with 25 disposals and 4 marks.

MWPP made a colossal effort to repel Vic Country forward forays with 25 disposals and 8 marks at centre halfback.

Matera92 made his presence felt in the forward line with 3 goals and 18 disposals on the forward flank.

South Australia - Nothing from Round 1 suggests that any SA player is in good enough form to be listed here.

Tip: Based on the fact that all the in-form players from Round 1 seem to be playing for Western Australia and South Australia's opening performance was a total no-show, the evidence suggests that WA will come away with a 114-point win in Round 2.​

So who else got into a scrap in Northbridge instead of doing the quarantine?

@MWPP made a colossal effort to repel Vic Country forward forays with 25 disposals and 8 marks at centre halfback
Attack is the best form of defence :)
Guess I had all year to become familiar with those conditions too

Anyway, bring it on por_please_ya
We can discuss our usual grudge matchup tomorrow night ;)

Attack is the best form of defence :)
Guess I had all year to become familiar with those conditions too

Anyway, bring it on por_please_ya
We can discuss our usual grudge matchup tomorrow night ;)
I'm all refreshed from our break and ready to go!
Scared MWPP?

Lovely OP Kennedy Parker - thank you.

I’m still recovering from the shock of our incredible win against the Counts. I wasn’t a spectator, but I may as well have been. 🤣 Although it was our amazing 4th quarter that won us the match, the tide started to turn as soon as I was dragged towards the end of Q1. With this in mind, I’m happy to sit this one out Tarkyn_24 for someone with fresh legs. Or for someone with less fresh legs that’ll actually turn up to play.

I predict a much improved performance by South Australia in this one - we were just warming up in round 1.
You could be right phil, but I can’t see a much-improved performance being good enough against this powerful Black Swans lineup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who else got into a scrap in Northbridge instead of doing the quarantine?
We both did 18 months or so ago
But I’ll say no more - what happened that offseason stays in that offseason
Right por_please_ya ? :)

What kind of rocks?
You moved on quickly from Emma Stone thanks to Miss “white pantsuit”
But anyway, the pinnacles and wave rock are amongst her competition :)

You could be right phil, but I can’t see a much-improved performance being good enough against this powerful Black Swans lineup.
Bit like the Aussie cricketers in Adelaide (India all out 36 LOL - still can't believe it!!!), you played 1 good quarter.

Bit like the Aussie cricketers in Adelaide (India all out 36 LOL - still can't believe it!!!), you played 1 good quarter.
Qooty is a 4 quarter effort from a 4 quarter team and the SA Qroweaters are a 4 quarter team

Qarn Qroweaters

You moved on quickly from Emma Stone thanks to Miss “white pantsuit”
But anyway, the pinnacles and wave rock are amongst her competition :)
Emma will always hold my heart, but Ms pantsuit was holding other parts of me last night. External parts. And she looked incredible doing it.

Post-paddle we were sitting on a bench at Kent St jetty in Bicton drinking beers and just enjoying the entertainment. Some dude on his boat pulling his crab pots every 5 mins to see if one of those rare but tasty rapid crabs had moved in. We figured he was on speed.

3 youngsters fishing. Me: ‘g’day lads, what are you hoping to catch?’. Lad: ‘fish’. 🤣 By the end of the night they were just casting to hit boats close to shore. Of course. Luckily crab pot man had sped off in his dingy - his boat copped a couple of solid direct hits.

Lovely OP Kennedy Parker - thank you.

I’m still recovering from the shock of our incredible win against the Counts. I wasn’t a spectator, but I may as well have been. 🤣 Although it was our amazing 4th quarter that won us the match, the tide started to turn as soon as I was dragged towards the end of Q1. With this in mind, I’m happy to sit this one out Tarkyn_24 for someone with fresh legs. Or for someone with less fresh legs that’ll actually turn up to play.
I don’t think they would ever have done it without us cheering so hard from the bench. We the real MVPs

We did exactly as much as we needed to given the oppo. One good quarter was all it took. I’m confident we’ll carry that last quarter form into whenever it is we play your mob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back