Suggest a Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

That's all we can hope to do with Lonie, Holland etc. Try and improve our draft selections.

I dont see the point in that to be honest.

It seems that we will have quite a few rerirements this year and or next, Burns, Bucks, Licca, Clement, Wakes, Rocca

Need a few senior blokes around, Holland and Lonie would be considered senior blokes, get rid of them and put a young kid on the list.....doesn't gain us that much really.

Hine will have identified the players he wants to draft, and we have others that we can rookie etc.

Need to keep a sprinkling of senior blokes around the club also. Having good senior blokes helps develop the younger kids too!

Collingwood have started to realise you build through the draft.

You top up through trades.

To trade you have to give something up.

There are no guarantees what you get is as good.

Hine and the Draft will improve the Collingwood team.

The only thing Collingwood need is a bash and crash ruckman but they don't grow on trees.

So unless it is Ben Hudson or Meehan, both of which realistically don't have as much pedigree as Guy Richards then fine.

Ben Hudson and Meehan would have been touched up by Cox and Ottens as well.

I dont see the point in that to be honest.

It seems that we will have quite a few rerirements this year and or next, Burns, Bucks, Licca, Clement, Wakes, Rocca

Need a few senior blokes around, Holland and Lonie would be considered senior blokes, get rid of them and put a young kid on the list.....doesn't gain us that much really.

Hine will have identified the players he wants to draft, and we have others that we can rookie etc.

Need to keep a sprinkling of senior blokes around the club also. Having good senior blokes helps develop the younger kids too!

They shouldn't be kept on just because they are senior and should not be kept on the list at the expense of kids i.e younger players should be kept on the list before Lonie especially.

They shouldn't be kept on just because they are senior and should not be kept on the list at the expense of kids i.e younger players should be kept on the list before Lonie especially.

People are way too quick to write off blokes who we know can play AFL level footy just for the sake of getting in a young bloke who may never make it.

At the end of 06 plenty would have wanted Wakelin to be delisted, Lockyer too for that matter..........Lockyer will most likely be the Copeland Trophy winner, and Wakes was vital in our season.

Lonie, Holland, R.Shaw all had years interupted by injury......they all could go away have a big season and force their way into our 22 like Lockyer did this year.........or at worst they are solid depth players.

You've got to delist someone, so who are you putting up?

All we know so far is Clement has retired.

Licuria is also likely to retire.

Burns, Buckley and Wakelin are likely to play on (I hope so anyway)

Therefore that is two off the list. Have to elevate Clarke and probably Wellingham so there goes those two spots.

Out of the younger brigade there is the most likely two of Davies and Toovey. This will get us two picks in the draft, or we can not elevate Wellingham and hope that nobody picks him up in this weaker draft (I'd rather not risk it) for three picks.

I would want four picks, so we will need to delist or trade for picks two others I reckon. Holland and Lonie are the obvious choices here. I would rather lose them than get rid of guys like Egan or Iles who may become handy footballers with time.

Lonie/other not-needed player + Pick 30 for Jolly - I am pretty sure it will go forward if jolly wants to leave; lonie does have some value to him IMO

Rusling + another player/high pick to Bulldogs for pick 5 (dogs looking for a key forward, so this trade could indeed go through)

Therefore if we do this we have got a ruckman, as well as two picks in the top 15 which we can use to get two mids, or a mid and a key backman.

Im just putting it out there guys :D...

give me your thoughts on both of the above trades..

Lonie/other not-needed player + Pick 30 for Jolly - I am pretty sure it will go forward if jolly wants to leave; lonie does have some value to him IMO

Rusling + another player/high pick to Bulldogs for pick 5 (dogs looking for a key forward, so this trade could indeed go thru)

Therefore if we do this we have got a ruckman, as well as two picks in the top 15 which we can use to get 2 mids, or a mid and a key backman.

Im just putting it out there guys :D...
give us ur thoughts on both of these

We would probably need to trade something above value to get the Dogs pick 5. If we could do it for Rusling and pick 14 then I would do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clement Licca Davies Toovey Iles to delist

promote clarke and leave Wellingham on rookie list, delist the other two rookies

4 picks in ND, or 3 picks in ND & 1 in PSD, or 3 (min) in ND and retain Iles or promot Wellingham

before trades...

....Lonie and low pick for Hudson....

Clement retired
Licca retired?
Buckley retired?
Davies....not good enough
Toovey
Iles

There be 6 that may go, id def keep Holland and Lonie ahead of Iles and Toovey
I guess that's where we differ then. I'd keep Iles ahead of Lonie or Holland, and I don't see Buckley retiring.

All we know so far is Clement has retired.

Licuria is also likely to retire.

Burns, Buckley and Wakelin are likely to play on (I hope so anyway)

Therefore that is two off the list. Have to elevate Clarke and probably Wellingham so there goes those two spots.

Out of the younger brigade there is the most likely two of Davies and Toovey. This will get us two picks in the draft, or we can not elevate Wellingham and hope that nobody picks him up in this weaker draft (I'd rather not risk it) for three picks.

I would want four picks, so we will need to delist or trade for picks two others I reckon. Holland and Lonie are the obvious choices here. I would rather lose them than get rid of guys like Egan or Iles who may become handy footballers with time.

Agreed.

Clement Licca & Wakelin Retired...i think.

Holland, Lonie, Toovey, Davies....GONE!

Nicholls & Macaffer...also Gone.

Clarke & Wellingham promoted.

Giving us 5 spaces to work with...4 draft & 3 pre-season/rookie picks.

I guess that's where we differ then. I'd keep Iles ahead of Lonie or Holland, and I don't see Buckley retiring.

Yep, hope Bucks plays on...not that confident tho!

Aint seen anything that Iles brings to the table that makes him a keeper.

Lonie was injured all 07 so that was a write off, back in 06 he did quality jobs on blokes like Goodes, Burton, B.Johnson....and he can be deadly with his kicking.....if he can get fit and recapture that form there is a place in the team right there......we were crying out for a fit Lonie to play on Goodes!

We would probably need to trade something above value to get the Dogs pick 5. If we could do it for Rusling and pick 14 then I would do it.

maybe. it would be a pretty good trade i guess and it'd mean that we can blood reid next year and play him more than we otherwise could.

Agreed.

Clement Licca & Wakelin Retired...i think.

Holland, Lonie, Toovey, Davies....GONE!

Nicholls & Macaffer...also Gone.

Clarke & Wellingham promoted.

Giving us 5 spaces to work with...4 draft & 3 pre-season/rookie picks.

Agree with everything here except Wellingham should not be promoted just yet as he still has a long way to go. Another year in the reserves will do him no harm.

Agree with everything here except Wellingham should not be promoted just yet as he still has a long way to go. Another year in the reserves will do him no harm.

There is talk around the traps that due to this years weaker draft, clubs may target players on other sides rookie list to draft.

What is the scenario with rookies?

If we don't promote Wellingham can another club take them in the draft?
or
If we state our intention to retain him is he off limits?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back