FTA-TV Survivor: Samoa (season 19) *SPOILERS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Next week, more torrential rain and a medical emergency. There has been a sharp increase in medical related accidents in the last few seasons. For a long time, I could only remember one, that being the man who fell in the fire during the Australian season (Michael?)
ive narrowed it down to both russels and Laura as the person who gets injured.

As for black russell starting to become nasty - it seems as though the power of being leader has gone to his head. Had to agree with his decision to send Shambo though. Was an easy out since she has screwed up a few times and is bound to turn on Galuu eventually.

Russel H is in the next season if that helps. It would be a bit of a disaster to lose Russel H this early in the game, he is THE spark of this season's fire.

May I ask why you narrowed it down to those three?

Russel H is in the next season if that helps. It would be a bit of a disaster to lose Russel H this early in the game, he is THE spark of this season's fire.

May I ask why you narrowed it down to those three?
when Jeff calls a stop to the game, i saw all of the survivors standing in the background while the medics attended to the injured cast mate. All except those 3.

Just a guess, but I would say that it is a Galu Member, as the cameras are focused near the Galu table that the time. Of course, im not completely sure how the challenge is set up, but thats how I see it.

I will go out on another limb though and say that this will turn the game on it's head completely.

Just a guess, but I would say that it is a Galu Member, as the cameras are focused near the Galu table that the time. Of course, im not completely sure how the challenge is set up, but thats how I see it.

Agree 100% looks a Galu member that goes down.

I now know who collapses during the challenge. I won't spoil for anyone who doesn't want to know.

Ive been thinking about this, and only just thought. Overall, how poor is this cast compared to Tocanitins? Sans 'evil' Russell, there doesn't seem to be anyone too interesting at all. It started quite well, but the last 3 episodes, I have come to the conclusion that this season will have nothing on Tocantins. That is why I hope 'evil' Russell stays around for a long time yet. And judging by the games of some of the other contestants, I think he may.

That was a strange episode to say the least. It was real hard to see
Russel S
go home, was giving it his all. My opinion on him has changed completely, definitely not the person I thought I saw in the last 2 episodes.

It was all a bit ho hum after that point, no tribal council.

Next week sees us go back to some normality. Evil Russell talking to the other tribe, scheming away.

Some real artsy camerawork tonight. I kept thinking "Tonight, on a very special Survivor...."

Gee the poor bloke looked pretty bad didn't he, he really dodged a bullet.

I remember thinking that Jaison had lost all perspective as he whined that only bad things happen to Foa Foa. He'd just watched the Galu leader pass out twice in quick succession, and he's upset because they didn't get pizza.

Conversely, I was also impressed by Evil Russell during the never-ending rainstorm. While everyone else on his tribe was content to sit, shiver and complain, he took it all in his stride, kept smiling and trying to lift everyone's spirits. His private contempt at their ineffectiveness was palpable, and justified.

Damn, browsing some American forums, they really hate Russel H. Do they realise he is essentially the only person keeping this season good, or are they thinking robotically. Commercial said he is evil, must kill.

He is just playing a good game, unlike some of the others. Which is why he looks like the roguish one this season. When he is put aside the villains next season, he will look no more evil than any of them.

Damn, browsing some American forums, they really hate Russel H. Do they realise he is essentially the only person keeping this season good, or are they thinking robotically. Commercial said he is evil, must kill.

He is just playing a good game, unlike some of the others. Which is why he looks like the roguish one this season. When he is put aside the villains next season, he will look no more evil than any of them.

I'm thinking the same thing. He was billed as the "biggest villain ever", but aside from some shenanigans in the first episode, and threats to people about "thin ice", he is not a villain at all, let alone the worst villain ever seen in this show by a long shot. Surely there's more evil afoot from Russell because he came out of that episode looking like a pretty upstanding guy.

How funny was it watching John and Erik trying to act like tactical masterminds and cryptically tell Shambo to vote for Monica, without actually telling her.

Could be just you and me left in this thread soon Zarrix.:D

Indeed. Ah well, we will leave those FTA suckers to another thread =P

Russell H.s first episode seemed out of character when you look back to it. Besides a couple of intimidating lines as a reply when someone has questioned his integrity, he hasn't come close to doing anything as bizarre as burning socks and emptying water cans. Has he still been doing that stuff, cause it seems very disjointed from the overall picture now.

well just watched the latest episode. Was very ho hum. The weather has really put a dampener on the politics and camp life. No-one wants to watch people freeze to death for 45 minutes and then masturbate over a rainbow.

Anyway Black russell looked like he was a few mmHG away from cardiac arrest. Watching someone faint with their eyes open is pretty scary. While he was working away trying to keep his head up in the rain, he probably should have been taking shelter and conserving energy in hindsight. A big bloke with big muscles needs lots of energy and water and he was most likely spent before the challenge.

I dont like the alliance the male galuu members have made with Shambo. Its all going to come crashing down around them when Shambo cant keep her mouth shut for 3 days. What happens if Galuu wins the next immunity challenge? Shambo definitely cant keep her secret for 6 days. Their will be a huge divide in Galuu soon, and while they fight between themselves, Shambo will most likely flip to Foa Foa anyway.

Monica is good for a perve so i dont want to see her go home. Kelly and the blonde from Foa Foa need to kiss while mashing their boobs together also.

Thats all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another episode down, another Foa-Foa loss. Liz gone as I thoughtm even though they tried as hard as possible to edit it so it looked like Jaison was the one going. I want him gone now, just seems extremely depressed and overly pessimistic.

Lots of people have liking this season, but I don't think this season has anything on the previous three seasons at all, especially not Micronesia and Tocantins. If Russell H wasn't here, it would be the among the worst. Tocantins was full of interesting characters, but after a few episodes here, I have come to the conclusion that the other characters have no charisma at all. There is just nothing interesting about any of the women (I personally thought the only good looking one was Ashley, the others are overrated) and I can barely remember the names of the Galu men remaining.

I hope Russell takes it all, just so this season can maintain some fire throughout. He is simply playing a better game than everybody else at the moment.

yeah unfortunately it is turning into a pretty boring season. The people are just mundane. Galuu didnt even look like they were enjoying their boat trip. Was just another "oh yeah we won and we eat" type atmosphere. Foa Foa have been quite disappointing. But from the looks of next episode the Galuu members are going to fall in a heap with Russell dividing them.

I think Monica, Laura and Kelly have figured out the boys have made an alliance with Shambo already. The vote for chief was way too obvious, especially considering that the girls expected Shambo to get voted out the previous tribal council. They know something is going on.

Erik lately has been trying to play the game strategically, but he isnt the brilliant mastermind he thinks he is.

Thank goodness the merge is coming. The last time a tribe was massacred so badly they played it out until Stephenie was left on her own. I think they wanted to give Foa Foa (ie Russell) a fighting chance at winning, so they invoked the mercy rule at 12 people.

I think Kelly looks like a really cool girl, but I didn't like how uppity she got when Shambo sent Laura over to Foa Foa. "Treating people like crap"? The rules are she had to send someone, and Shambo had been twice herself already.

It's funny how the guys are now leading the tribe with Shambo as their puppet.
Probst:"Who will be making the decisions in this challenge for Galu?"
Shambo: "Erik"
Dave: "No Brett, Brett, BRETT!!"
Shambo: "I stand corrected. Brett."

I really like Russell now. He works hard, contributes to challenges and remains relentlessly upbeat in public, as opposed to Jaison who continually gives up and complains about how hard it all is. Even knowing that Russell is a devious schemer, I would still pick him to be on my tribe before many of the other players. He surely has some evil left up his sleeve, because he is so far from living up to his billing as the "greatest villain ever" it's ridiculous.

I don't think this is the greatest season ever, but it's still holding my interest. I really believe Russell when he says that the other tribe can't outwit him. If Galu were smart they would have kept the last couple of items from the memory challenge knowing they had an unbeatable 6-3 lead with 3 items left.

Russell's call towards the end of the episode was brillliant.

"These idiots may cost me a million bucks and I plan on have some serious fun with that million bucks!"

I was barracking like hell for Foa Foa but I have come to the conclusion that they are simply useless. Glad it has come to the merge. Hopefully some sparks will fly.

Does anyone know how soon they will show the Heroes Vs Villians after this season?

I heard they finished filming it just before the Tsunami hit

great episode last night/this morning. shame both the idols are out of play now however. here's hoping they bring in a new idol but i doubt it. was spewing when russell was beaten at the buzzer by jonathan in the immunity challenge. next weeks ep looks like everyone is after russell, but surely the guys from the galu tribe would see that they need to break up what appears to be a 4 girl alliance between monica, kelly, laura & natalie. come on russ plant some more of those russell seeds, the show needs you.

great episode last night/this morning. shame both the idols are out of play now however. here's hoping they bring in a new idol but i doubt it. was spewing when russell was beaten at the buzzer by jonathan in the immunity challenge. next weeks ep looks like everyone is after russell, but surely the guys from the galu tribe would see that they need to break up what appears to be a 4 girl alliance between monica, kelly, laura & natalie. come on russ plant some more of those russell seeds, the show needs you.
was an awesome episode. Erik was always going to cop that. Ive said it before and ill say it again - the second you become overconfident in survivor you get voted out. Happens to a few every season. Now Russell looks like he is about to go home, and he was also way to confident.

Funniest thing about Eriks blindside was that all tribal council and how he was blabbing on about Foa Foa not being able to do anything. He must have felt like the biggest dumb arse in the world at that point in time when he got voted out. s**t that was funny.

Im glad both idols are out. Theres no where to hide and thats how it should be.

just as you think this season is heading to the trash, it comes up with an awesome episode like this. My faith has been restored. The chainging of strategies constantly, wow!. Although from the edits, i correctly predicted that laura would win the immunity necklace. Russel looks in a bit of trouble next week, dont want him to leave because this series suddenly has some fire. I fear he played too strong too early though once the merge came, laura's immunity could be the sword in the chest.

just as you think this season is heading to the trash, it comes up with an awesome episode like this. My faith has been restored. The chainging of strategies constantly, wow!. Although from the edits, i correctly predicted that laura would win the immunity necklace. Russel looks in a bit of trouble next week, dont want him to leave because this series suddenly has some fire. I fear he played too strong too early though once the merge came, laura's immunity could be the sword in the chest.
i find it quite humerous that the 2 people who found the immunity idol, became the 2 most overconfident players, who are about to be voted off back to back without using their idols effectively.

Russell had to have known that showing so many people his hidden immunity idol was going to backfire. Eventually a couple of people were going to talk, and plan on flushing it out. He had to carefully choose 1 or 2 people max. But I think he liked the ego trip of showing it to everyone. I think off the top of my head, he showed it to Jaison, Laura, Monica, John.

By the end, everyone and their dog probably knew. If i was going on survivor, i would never pick up the idol, as i said before, its a poisoned chalice. I can only ever recall one effective use of it, and that was that chick (Erika?) in micronesia. the rest have been stabbed in the back with great blindsides, or in russels case, become too paranoid.

Cant wait for next week now. will be sweet. honestly this season has turned on it's head. it will be a pity if russel goes home though but he would only have himself to blame.

Great episode this week. I thought Foa Foa played the post merge days beautifully. I also thought that Russell was right to play the idol, even though he got no votes. If you're in any doubt at all you should play the idol, so he absolutely did the right thing.

He looks in a bit of trouble now, but I am confident he will manage to pull something off, John seems his best bet to target Laura along with him, and Shambo remains a free agent. Russell also will be a constant threat in individual immunity challenges, especially if his place in the game is in imminent threat. I'm hoping he can win this thing, he just needs to get past the next few votes first.

Russell you SUPERSTAR, thank god this season has him, and a great move to break up the women's alliance, sure he could have got a physical threat out of the game but i think that female alliance was fairly tight and can't wait to see Laura's reaction next week. Russell needs to keep Natalie in check as i see her been the only Foa Foa member to switch over, Jaison is in love with Russ and Mick doesn't seem like switching, just gotta watch out for Laura & Monica trying to steal Natalie's vote. This season has definately picked up post merge. GO RUSS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back