Swans in Sydney v Storm in Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are there many Storm fans outside of Vic? Storm have a pretty decent level of support in Vic I would've thought. Always see lots of purple around when they're playing at home. Swans have a bit of a leg up starting as a relocated team maybe?

1999, I used to love trying to get across the old footbridge to the Olympic park car park, footy fans going one way and league the other (absurd when you think about it now). Asking who won, how everyone went etc. Was always a friendly vibe.
From what I have heard a fair few people in Queensland who aren’t from Brisbane go for them

I have never heard anyone at work comment on storm games, even if they make grand finals no one asks did you watch the nrl grand final

No idea what it’s like in Sydney for the swans but the places I have worked no one talks about the storm
I have worked in several workplaces where Storm is talked about.

In fairness its often people that know I follow them coming up to me asking about Storm.

One workplace even had a NRL tipping comp as well as an AFL tipping comp and no it wasn't me that organised it

Due to the higher profile of the AFL, the Swans are much bigger than the Storm.
It has a genuine national competition (sorry Tas and NT) whereas NRL is mostly NSW with some Qld + the Storm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back