News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Normally I'd be against this kind of thing being brought up in public, but the last few years in particular I've definitely been scratching my head at just how we manage to continually not be awarded obvious free kicks or get pinged for dodgy ones. I really try to be as honest with myself about it as I can, that the umpires are human and they make mistakes roughly at the same rate for each team, but I'm truly questioning that now after the last handful of seasons.

I'm glad it's being talked about by people who aren't our coaches or players and it's left to the club admin staff to do it too. Sends a better message.

Normally I'd be against this kind of thing being brought up in public, but the last few years in particular I've definitely been scratching my head at just how we manage to continually not be awarded obvious free kicks or get pinged for dodgy ones. I really try to be as honest with myself about it as I can, that the umpires are human and they make mistakes roughly at the same rate for each team, but I'm truly questioning that now after the last handful of seasons.

I'm glad it's being talked about by people who aren't our coaches or players and it's left to the club admin staff to do it too. Sends a better message.
I lost it last night it is cheating .

I am not in the squad that believes there is a conspiracy or there is cheating.

I do believe most umpires are incompetent and they are influenced by crowd noise.
Eleni Glouftsis is about the strongest evidence you'll ever see that umpires are just manifestly incompetent, not corrupt

Thanks is this the same article from the HeraldSun?
BOMBSHELL REPORT REVEALS WHICH CLUBS GET ROBBED BY UMPS
A Melbourne mathematician has crunched more than two decades of data to reveal which clubs are the darlings of AFL umpires, detailing the truth behind every side’s free kick count

Thanks is this the same article from the HeraldSun?
BOMBSHELL REPORT REVEALS WHICH CLUBS GET ROBBED BY UMPS
A Melbourne mathematician has crunched more than two decades of data to reveal which clubs are the darlings of AFL umpires, detailing the truth behind every side’s free kick count
Don’t believe so SP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Less than two years ago he said he enjoyed attending the occasional Swans game and keeping up with their progress.
Unfortunately Goodesy contradicts himself too often to know what the truth is.

And here and now he says he supports the Swans unequivocally. There's no contradiction, Ron. Keep your whistling to the main board.

Normally I'd be against this kind of thing being brought up in public, but the last few years in particular I've definitely been scratching my head at just how we manage to continually not be awarded obvious free kicks or get pinged for dodgy ones.
Last year I remember in multiple games there were insane stretches of over a quarter and on one occasion over a half where we didn't get any frees. It was bizarre.

Why does it have to be on their webpage .I heard plenty about him on there ,Del Santo was absolutely glowing in praise about Smooch , it was brilliant to listen to.
Really? I heard Dal Santo say he's going to make 10 mistakes every match but one of those players team mates you can rely on! Wasn't very glowing. This was friday night pre match.

Perhaps read both articles again. He says he has "no interest whatsoever" and that his "love for the game died inside of me in those final years of me playing". But the November 2017 article states "Goodes said he still enjoyed heading along to a few Swans matches throughout the season and continued to keep up to date on how the team was tracking".

He has unfortunately willingly become a political caricature.

Or you could take a reasonably charitable view of what he says and conclude that what he said recently is suggestive that his love of the game has been dying since 2015, so by 2017 it was still alive somewhat and now it's extinguished - i.e. in 2015 the love began dying. Isn't that a more realistic way to take how people speak and express themselves than to expect people to be 100% literal at all times?

Bled by who for what political purpose?
Why are you giving the troll air, Maddo?

All he wants is justification to be reported so he can slither back to main board shouting how he tried to be reasonable but we are not.

Perhaps read both articles again. He says he has "no interest whatsoever" and that his "love for the game died inside of me in those final years of me playing". But the November 2017 article states "Goodes said he still enjoyed heading along to a few Swans matches throughout the season and continued to keep up to date on how the team was tracking".

He has unfortunately willingly become a political caricature.

He loves the swans

Just not the rest of your morons now jog on

Last year I remember in multiple games there were insane stretches of over a quarter and on one occasion over a half where we didn't get any frees. It was bizarre.
I'm still seething on 16's cheating by Scott Jeffrey the campaigner.

He loves the swans

Just not the rest of your morons now jog on
It's interesting to see one of these knuckleheads Robbo talks about up close. They obviously have no sense of direction wandering in here, they must be relying on their moral compass.

On the subject of the umpiring story, I can't help but feel it was driven by the club. And a good thing too. Off the top of my head I can think of three matches this year where the outcome was determined by umpiring (Freemantle, GWS, Essendon). On top of the historical data, it's great ammo to take to the AFL. Better umpiring (I'd settle for fair) and the more favourable draw heading our way and 2020 is already looking rosier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back