Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know who Sam and Simon are but one of them sounds less knowledgeable than me and the other one sounds like a total ignoramus. Thanks for sharing anyhow. Horrifying to think they are answering talkback callers questions - the vision-impaired leading the blind.
i know right? They really don't have a clue.

I don't know who Sam and Simon are but one of them sounds less knowledgeable than me and the other one sounds like a total ignoramus. Thanks for sharing anyhow. Horrifying to think they are answering talkback callers questions - the vision-impaired leading the blind.
Simon O'Donnell former Saints player and Aussie test and 1 day player and Sam Edmond .
They have been very good filling in for Tim Watson and Gary Lyon.

SYDNEY – PICKS 10, 25, 44, 51
NICK BLAKEY, JAMES ROWBOTTOM, JUSTIN MCINERNEY, ZAC FOOT

GRADE A
Bam, bam, bam… look at those first three picks. I love ‘em!
Blakey slipped to pick ten, after nobody bid on him early, Rowbottom has emerged as the dependable workhorse in the middle, and McInerney has proven that he can play either outside runner, or defensive wingman/half-back when required.
Of course, they put their Zac Foot in it with the last pick, but that is not enough to detract from the threesome that is as good as any other three players taken by one team in this draft, on average. An excellent day at the office for the Swans.
istockphoto-467546054-612x612.jpg

Hmm, pool room or fridge.......or the fridge in the pool room. :thumbsu:

Much more sensible time frame to rate drafts, than the nonsense we see straight after draft night.

Wait, he didn't get a Brownlow vote this year?

Edit: Just looked it up and no he didn't. Boy oh boy, I say it every year but I'll say it again - that award is trash.
It is. Only ever won by mids. That is ****ed. There are 12 other players out on a field. I think Franklin should have won in 2008 but didn't. Why has Toby Green never polled well? Alex Rance should have won one. I reckon Paps should have gone close. In 2016 Johanison should have come close but did not.

It should be called the Mid Medal or the Brownlow for Mids not for the best & Fairest AFL Player

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is. Only ever won by mids. That is ****ed. There are 12 other players out on a field. I think Franklin should have won in 2008 but didn't. Why has Toby Green never polled well? Alex Rance should have won one. I reckon Paps should have gone close. In 2016 Johanison should have come close but did not.

It should be called the Mid Medal or the Brownlow for Mids not for the best & Fairest AFL Player

Rubbish , it is what it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love him as a player and leader but gee whiz Mills is the most pointless interview every time. No insights, no personality.

He really took Horse's "give the media nothing" MO and injected it with steroids.

Love him as a player and leader but gee whiz Mills is the most pointless interview every time. No insights, no personality.

He really took Horse's "give the media nothing" MO and injected it with steroids.
Yeah I was just thinking the exact same thing. I actually think it is a bit of an issue.

You need the captain to have a bit of charisma and presence when they speak on and off the field.

I don't think it's an issue within the club.

However I would be tempted, next time Cal gives a presser, to make my opening question something like: Cal, what can you tell us of interest about what's going on at the footy club this week? Defy him to rise to the challenge.

That gives me no comfort at all.
Yaddayaddayadda.
We got thumped Millsy. Insipid!
I look at it extremely negatively at this point in time.

My reward (& others') for the two years of paying memberships for 5 adults through covid & watching one game or two & then for spending 2.5K on Grand Final tickets, was to see 5 minutes of Robbie Williams.

Sitting at that game was pure punishment & I don't want to hear from any of our players or coaches about how they will redeem it!

We may have seen our last Swans Grand Final.
The Bloods culture died when LRT & ROK retired & any flicker of it was gone with JPK missing the rest of the season.

That's all from me.

For now!

That gives me no comfort at all.
Yaddayaddayadda.
We got thumped Millsy. Insipid!
I look at it extremely negatively at this point in time.

My reward (& others') for the two years of paying memberships for 5 adults through covid & watching one game or two & then for spending 2.5K on Grand Final tickets, was to see 5 minutes of Robbie Williams.

Sitting at that game was pure punishment & I don't want to hear from any of our players or coaches about how they will redeem it!

We may have seen our last Swans Grand Final.
The Bloods culture died when LRT & ROK retired & any flicker of it was gone with JPK missing the rest of the season.

That's all from me.

For now!
See ya

Insights: The footy club knows exactly what happened and what they need to do and how they're going to do it. No-one else needs to know.
Personality: Came across as focused and more interested in the first training run of the year than pandering to the media. Came across as absolutely professional

What do you want from him? He entertains on the footy field, if you need more than that then....???

Insights: The footy club knows exactly what happened and what they need to do and how they're going to do it. No-one else needs to know.
Personality: Came across as focused and more interested in the first training run of the year than pandering to the media. Came across as absolutely professional

What do you want from him? He entertains on the footy field, if you need more than that then....???
Yep.
Just as I said, Robbie Williams entertained on the footy field.

I want to hear at least one even remotely interesting thing if I'm going to sit through a 3 minute video. Otherwise there's literally no point. Save him and us the time and just don't bother doing a video.

Yeah I was just thinking the exact same thing. I actually think it is a bit of an issue.

You need the captain to have a bit of charisma and presence when they speak on and off the field.
I don't think it's an issue at all. He wouldn't be captain and voted leader by a group of 40 odd varying personalities from varying walks of life if he didn't have charisma or presence. I just think they should find someone else for media duties such as these for the sake of the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back