Swans to SCG: Good or bad for GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

No way does this deserve a thread of its own.

Oh look Port Adelaide is playing at Adelaide oval - how will this effect GWS?
Freo and Weagles to get new Burswood stadium - how does this effect GWS?

Got nothing to do with us. We have an oval of our own and don't play at ANZ

NEXT!!
GWS has a great ground to play out of. if or when they start becoming successful and bringing crowds like the Swans, the capacity can easily be upped to 40k but the 25k suits them just fine atm

No way does this deserve a thread of its own.

Oh look Port Adelaide is playing at Adelaide oval - how will this effect GWS?
Freo and Weagles to get new Burswood stadium - how does this effect GWS?

Got nothing to do with us. We have an oval of our own and don't play at ANZ

NEXT!!
Maybe, but equally the swans withdrawing from ANZ may be seen as a retreat from (inner) west. That might be a good thing for GWS or that may be a bad thing. Discuss.

I posted on the other thread that I think it will be a good thing overall (interestingly Tony Shepherd who is the chairman of the SCG Trust is also the chairman/president of GWS).
This gives the Giants a chance to build a supporter base out in the west. Spotless looks a good stadium (havent been) and their crowds will undoubtedly increase once the team starts winning (and perhaps nabs a few start players).

How does it affect GWS at all apart from 1 derby being moved to the SCG which will create a better atmosphere
Actually this year neither of the 2 Sydney derby games were played at ANZ.

Well it all depends on what the NSW State government decide to do with ANZ Stadium. Will they upgrade the stadium and reconfigure it into a permanent rectangular ground or will they go the other way and demolish the ground. Both decisions will affect GWS quite a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it all depends on what the NSW State government decide to do with ANZ Stadium. Will they upgrade the stadium and reconfigure it into a permanent rectangular ground or will they go the other way and demolish the ground. Both decisions will affect GWS quite a lot.
That's not going to happen anytime soon.

It could. The NRL want an upgrade to the SFS and they want a new ground in Western Sydney. If they get what they want then the NSW government will have no choice but to get rid of ANZ Stadium.
If by SFS you mean Allianz then it won't happen because of the ANZ deal (No other stadium can exceed 50k in NSW) or so I have heard. Also for the new ground, even if that was to happen, it'll have a capacity of like 20k at max, i mean seriously they can barely pull a crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back