Autopsy Swans vs Geelong SF 2017 [READ OP BEFORE POSTING]

Remove this Banner Ad

What pisses me off is Geelong havent got a hope in hell tomorrow night. How did we lose to that rabble in that way

Many sides would of beaten us that night, i have this feeling a lot is going to be focussed on making the finals from 0-6 rather than looking at our exit.

Not that i think being 0-6 is something to be proud of or anything!

What pisses me off is Geelong havent got a hope in hell tomorrow night. How did we lose to that rabble in that way
Its one of those nights where the opposition play at their absolute best and we played at our worst.

In hindsight maybe it was coming and we just didn't see it, caught up in late season and first final easy wins. I think we made blunders at selection and didn't bring the usual pressure we more often than not start with.

Perfect storm really.

Blicavs holding Kennedy
Danger getting the better of Rampe
Smith and Stanley too good for Naismith
Henderson left to play loose
Constant fumbling
Geelong confidence goes up and their fringe players start to have an impact, like ours the week before.

All in all a bad night all round. However if the club learns from this and makes the necessary tweaks we'll be fine. Disappointing and in the short term a disaster, in fact i think we were good enough to win it this year and i fully expect us to be contenders again next year.

With due respect there was a lot more than missing targets.

Lack of intensity with tackling was deplorable. Their players were bursting through our tackles like they were shrugging off Auskickers.
Blokes losing their feet continually in one on one contests.
Shambolic set ups at stoppages. Who was the receiver ? Who was the Blocker ? Who was the distributer if the possession was won ? Kennedy being held continually as he is most weeks was at an all time high.
As you mentioned failure to hit targets derived out of poor skill execution from poor decision making from a lack of composure under what was always going to be high intensity pressure. Naismith handballing fair and square into Hanners head set the tone for this and was probably at the top of the list to underline this.
Terrible defensive structure caused by confusion and miscommunication which was also the result of terrible midfield pressure. Duncan running into the open goal at the Punt Road end in the 2nd qtr was a blight on every midfielder in the side and should be embarrassing to them and the usual standards they set. If you sit down and think about it with a rational head which I now have after stopping the angry ranting you could go on and on as to why we turned in that shocker. All of these things happened early and spread through the side like a cancer to which there was no recovery. Yes Geelong played well and Their coaching staff done a great job but make no mistake we were the major contributors to our own demise. Regardless of what people on here think we were also let down by the usual suspects who seem to lack the mental fortitude to have the impact in a Big Game at the G that would be in line with what they are truly capable of. Not worth mentioning the names because we know who they are and I'm sure they are more disappointed than supporters like me or anyone else is. Having said that it needs to be addressed.

Like I said You could go on and on but it is an opportunity lost again and Longmire as much as the 22 were the only ones to blame. I am not going to get into arguments on here with people who see it differently and have the opinion that Premierships are hard to win and we had a great year all things being equal. Everybody has different opinions but I am sure all of us are as disappointed as each other. I'm a very much a here and now person and just hope the club put plans in place to go all way the next year what ever it takes be it extensive reviews that result in tough decisions or trades or game plan resets as long as we start getting maximum reward for the talent on our list and for the level of excellence that we perform at for the majority of every season. Yes we have a lot to be grateful for as Swans supporters but as a supporter what makes me happy and is my great expectation for the boys is to get that ultimate reward again for themselves. Just seeing them do it for themselves is what should makes us supporters happy because they truly deserve it.

I'm not denying any of that. It was a wasted opportunity to go deeper into the finals. The players have to live with it all off-season, hopefully it serves as motivation.

Do you really think so?
I think the seas are parting perfectly for the Cats.One player I was hoping wouldn't play against us was Nakia & he didn't but he will against the Crows. His forward defensive pressure is the best I've seen & he will offer more than Parsons did for them last week. Add Lonergan in for Zac Guthrie, who did ok, & the Cats have the perfect body strength & experience for a big tilt at the p'ship if they can beat the Crows.
The Crows on the other hand are weakened severely without McGovern & Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back