Preview Swans vs Tigers in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with that. There were patches last year when Wicks got given a go in the midfield in particular and he was impressive and I agree should have been given an opportunity (I would have given him one ahead of Bell).

Current form is important though and we have don’t have a huge amount of information in that regard.

This move does seems a bit line in the sandish. “We are going to go with two from the latest crop because we don’t really like much of what we see from the rest of you”.

Sounds like the two debuting weren't bashing the door down either. Very tough circumstances on the kids, which is why I would've preferred we went with some kids that at least have more runs on the board, like Wicks or Foot.

But still, this is the closest we'll be to seeing our future midfield in action this year so hoping they show a bit!

I think Caesar has mentioned this before, but our injury list is pretty funny.

Ben Ronke is the only guy under 193cm

I think the average height of our injury list is about 198cm

Gosh, talk about life giving you lemons, hopefully we can make some lemonade with a small forward line

Have McInerney at half back instead of Hayward, then have Stephens in McInerney's role.

He got into the game last week once he started finding the ball off the flank.

Hayward dropped

We don’t need to drop Hayward

I had the impression that Longmire gave kids a run in the seniors so they realised what the required level was, and could go back and apply themselves in the areas of improvement they needed. If they manage to acquit themselves well, then that's a bonus and a win all round. With restricted non-selected playing options, it would seem even more relevant this year. I wonder if it isn't a tacit concession that we have no hope of winning this year.

We don’t need to drop Hayward

Surely you jest.

He's woefully out of form. I don't see what he is offering in his hybrid wing/half back role that McInerney couldn't do just as well, if not better.

And if you want Stephens and Warner to see decent midfield minutes, one of JPK, Parker, Florent, Rowbottom and McInerney will have to make way, and it ain't gonna be the first four.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you jest.

He's woefully out of form. I don't see what he is offering in his hybrid wing/half back role that McInerney couldn't do just as well, if not better.

And if you want Stephens and Warner to see decent midfield minutes, one of JPK, Parker, Florent, Rowbottom and McInerney will have to make way, and it ain't gonna be the first four.

You know who I’d drop and it’s not one of those anyway.

You know who I’d drop and it’s not one of those anyway.

Actually I don't know who you'd drop, I am not overly familiar with your published works beyond your pro-youth stance.

Speaking of, five teenagers in the side this week... you must be combusting with joy?

Actually I don't know who you'd drop, I am not overly familiar with your published works beyond your pro-youth stance.

Speaking of, five teenagers in the side this week... you must be combusting with joy?

Anything is better than going back to the Fox types who let’s be honest are borderline list players.

I just wish Gould was playing too

Would think Hayward and Ronke are the outs for these two to come in. Can't help but think Hayward was moved down back because his set shot kicking is so poor. Maybe Horse was trying to take the pressure off him. Problem is, he is no good in defense and simply has no assets to be successful there. His run and jump and previous set shot kicking were at a very high level in the forward line. He now does not appear to have a role in the team so I think he makes way.

He's fat.
Sat on his parents farm during lock down.
Will need a lot of fitness work to run out a afl game
Got fat after the U18s game which effected his draft position too.

When he gets in shape he will be an absolute steal

He's fat.
Sat on his parents farm during lock down.
Will need a lot of fitness work to run out a afl game
If he's the Jeremy McGovern version of fat then I'll be happy. He's not as tall as Gov but we could use a big unit in the backline to muscle up. Skinny bunch down there at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back