Game Day Syd Barker Medal Night 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Great job, Taz. Thought he was going to win by the length of the Flemington straight. No AA is officially a joke.

Interesting that 3 of our top 7 will be out the door in 2017. Going to be a shake up.

While I would have loved the night to be reliving premiership glory it was a magnificent set of speeches. You really see the character of a person & the heart of the club when they are doing it tough. The love for the lads who are leaving, Brad & the club shone through.

Not the tears of joy I had hoped to shed this year, but proud tears nonetheless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the coaches know **** all... I mean in all honesty what the **** could Brad Green teach anyone about defending?

I had a good hour or so chat with Luke Hodge at our sons' kindergarten's "dads night" on Thursday night. He had to leave a little before the finish to attend a dinner with his fellow defenders, being hosted by their defensive line coach. "Who's that, out of interest?" I asked. "Adam Yze", came his reply.

Congrats to Taz- what a turnaround.
Great seasons from Jack and Gibbo as well.

Now the important stuff - any posters had a chat to wellsy tonight.

Wellsy was most inconspicuous, spending most of the night out of the limelight. I bumped into one of my old school mates while there and it turns out he sponsors a player who'd told him "Wellsy's defnitely leaving. The decision's already been made."

Twinkletoes and blackshadow

How was the night?

Any harsh words in the dunnies?

Was Barrett there?

Food....savs and p pies?

Tell all!

It was a fantastic night Gaso. Very emotional all night listening to the speeches and feeling the love and sentiment throughout.

The Porterhouse steak was ok.

No harsh words in the dunnies this year.

Had a good chat with Narny, who was legless and had to be up early to re-turf a couple of sports fields today.

Thanked each of the departing players (apart from the elusive Wellsy).

Chatted mostly with young players who were all in good spirits. Wags' shoulder will be out of the sling in 3 weeks.

The general sentiment from all of the young blokes is that they're excited for 2017.

It was a fantastic night that feels like an allnighter after we had to back that up by hosting our six year old daughter's birthday early this morning.

If true regarding Wells it's pretty poor they he wouldn't even make a speech and thank the club and supporters for sticking by him through all his issues and injury.

Who does votes for Syd Barker?
All players are rated post match on a scale of
0 - Did * all/got injured 1min into the game
2 - Played their role
4 - Solid but not Spectacular
6 - above average performance
8 - Very high quality game
to
10 - Match winning performance

Head coach assigns each player a score of 1-10
Assistant Coaches as a group do the same.

Gives a possible score of 20 for each game.

A players best 20 games of the season are used to decide the winner to allow for players who were rested to not be penalized harshly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back