Team Mgmt. Talk about the makeup of our list - midfield balance, height profile, endurance runners

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would Parish and Shiel be worth via trade? We'd pay some of Shiel's wage as well.

Pick 2, 3, 25, 26 take the 4 best availble mids and completely rebuild the midfield.

Could consider Langers as well but he adds a point of difference and can push forward.
thing with Parish is he's out of contract. if we went down that path, not sure we'd get true value.
i think he's shown enough and has time on his hand to warrant a decent 1st.
but i don't reckon we'd get it. He's also part of a group that we want to invest in coming up together.
His get ball and get it forward approach is good. that he can miss targets is less good, but other teams tend to lock those balls in. it's made to look worse given we have no defensive structures forward of defence.

Add to that, trade him out & lose Merrett, whilst we'd get another 3 picks in this year, our midfield experience drops off a lot.
we struggling there as it is if the likes of Heppell and Zaka aren't in there.

I think keep as many of our mature mids as possible.
Neither Parish or Shiel have been great, but we've lacked depth in the mids for a while which Caracella has seen as a concern.
Better to have too many than too few.
I'm fine trading out Merrett if it means we get a Dunkley type and another good mid.

Why keep players who are at the heart of flawed chemistry at all costs?
Parish is definitely trade bait at the end of this year, and I’ve always been in his corner. Needs a good year.
Mid depth is too big an issue to shop Parish around.
Short of 2 sharp 2nd rounders in the high 20's, we'd only end up hunting for what we've lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't actively shop any of our mids. I think its diminishes any trade value you might get for them if there is actual interest in them from other clubs. I also wouldnt be overpaying a cent to any of our OOC players actual worth.

Merrett- Win/Win either way for us.

Shiel/Smith- injury concerns, you'd listen to any offers but doubt they'd be there due to current form/injuries. I think we'd get laughed at if we tried to shop them.

Parish- Has good currency still. 100 gamer and durable. Id offer him a new contract at his exact worth $wise. If he stays, great. If he asks to leave, try and make it happen. If another club enquires, put it to Darcy and see what he says.

Totally get the appeal of two very high picks but jeez I hope Merrett stays. Something about him, he's just totally gone against the grain of this club's mediocrity the whole time he's been here. He's consistent, durable, a bit angry... he seems to care. Love him, wanna build a team around him.

Totally get the appeal of two very high picks but jeez I hope Merrett stays. Something about him, he's just totally gone against the grain of this club's mediocrity the whole time he's been here. He's consistent, durable, a bit angry... he seems to care. Love him, wanna build a team around him.
Agree
We could end up losing him and drafting a Paddy Dow
25, proven, leader, elite.

He's the biggest loss we'll have in a long time.

I guess the only thing is that if we finish bottom or second bottom then the compensation would be huge. But yes I agree. He's the only player within a bull's roar of being a star for us (maybe Stringer if and when fully fit).

I guess the only thing is that if we finish bottom or second bottom then the compensation would be huge. But yes I agree. He's the only player within a bull's roar of being a star for us (maybe Stringer if and when fully fit).

Yep we’ll be well compensated. But *... gimme 7 more years of Merrett before a draft pick, even if it is top 3.

Yep we’ll be well compensated. But fu**... gimme 7 more years of Merrett before a draft pick, even if it is top 3.
I like Merrett but I think we're better off with the draft pick

The game is changing with the new rule and I'd like Truck to have the chance to build a list he thinks can make the most of it.

Gone this year

Ambrose, Cahill, Cutler, Guelfi, Phillips, Zaharakis.

Hooker and Johnson possibly

I look forward to changing this 35 times before the year is out
Plenty of players I’d cut before Guelfi and Cahill not listed here.

Yes, I’m looking at you Gleeson and BZT.

Plenty of players I’d cut before Guelfi and Cahill not listed here.

Yes, I’m looking at you Gleeson and BZT.

BZT fairly un-cut-able at the moment given our lack of defensive height. We clearly can’t rely on Hurley and Stewart.

Gleeson yes. I didn’t really include the rookie list, figure most will be turned over.

BZT fairly un-cut-able at the moment given our lack of defensive height. We clearly can’t rely on Hurley and Stewart.

Gleeson yes. I didn’t really include the rookie list, figure most will be turned over.
Not sure how you get immunity, even when you don't get played in a side plagued with KPD injuries. I have him top of my 'cut list'. Just my opinion of course....

Parish and McGrath should be kept at all costs.
Merrett too.
Along with Langford, Cox and Perkins, you want that group coming up together as a unit and add to it.

Shiel and Smith i'd listen to offers on.

Why Langford? I like him but not sure he's shown enough to be a lock. Having said that I'd love to see him and Laverde play really well this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back