Social Science Tall men - do you find shorter men try and start you?

Remove this Banner Ad

I get annoyed when guys are taller than me and never played sport, childish maybe

I played sport, just wasn't very good at it. If you're tall and reasonably quick, you can compensate for being unco in a lot of sports. Being taller gave me a massive advantage at tennis, cricket (fast bowling) and soccer (defender or keeper).

Basketball though, I just didn't like at all.

And I'll just leave this here:

I played sport, just wasn't very good at it. If you're tall and reasonably quick, you can compensate for being unco in a lot of sports. Being taller gave me a massive advantage at tennis, cricket (fast bowling) and soccer (defender or keeper).

ha ha he's pretty much spot on

I must have annoyed every coach ever not using my height. Playing cricket but being a spin bowler and playing soccer but being a central midfielder haha. Nothing I do in sport suits my height (can't even head a soccer ball well, give it to feet!)

I'm 6 foot 1 and no one ever tries to start me, it's possible that you're annoying.
6 foot 1 here as well and no one looks for fights. Though not build like I'm a brawler, so drunks / idiots looking to 'prove themselves' would look past me. Though I'm in the he's just annoying camp.

mens-guide-to-height-how-tall-are-you-66-too-48757925.png
I'm happy. Those seriously unless you're a guy 5 foot or under or 7 foot or over, if you're failing at getting any attention it's not your height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd thought it would have been about 5'6" but every generation is getting taller so it might have gone up a bit. I'm 5'9 1/2 when stretching it out and training and always felt too tall.

It's true that people have gotten taller with each generation, I went to some old pubs in the UK that were built back in the 1600s or even earlier and I had to duck my head to go through the doors and kept banging my head on the rafters.

I'm around 6 foot but I felt like I was a 7 foot giant going into them, ye olde days must have been full of ye olde manlets.

There was this chick who worked up the high end of Collins St who must've been 6'4". But despite being that tall, she had all those lovely feminine curves going on. And she always wore long single piece dresses and the like. Possibly because she had trouble finding other clothes in her size. But they really accentuated her swoop / sweep or whatever they call it. The first time I saw her we were both waiting at the lights I think I actually said "Wow!" out loud.

She was the most beautiful creature I have ever seen. The only regret I have from leaving the job nearby.

We had a really tall girl at our high school, she probably would have been at least 6' 4" but she was always hunched over from trying to make herself look shorter and from having to bend down to talk to her friends.

I've seen a few really tall people that have permanent hunches like that, Spider Burton who played for Freo and North Melbourne was a renowned hunchback.

f051f.BurtonMatthew.jpg

"You should play basketball"

I hear Scott Pendlebury played basketball.

I hear Scott Pendlebury played basketball.
First Im hearing of this! Are you sure?

Sure gives commentary something to talk about during games if true

Remove this Banner Ad

Back