Coach Teague in or out?

Teague in or out?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decoded as you offering no opinion, just deriding posters who do as per usual...

What are your thoughts on the season, coaching and our plight

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
champion, if you think I'm gonna repeat my way of thinking regarding the club, the players, our efforts, direction, coaching status et al, from years of posting here, you're dreaming - pay attention and you'll understand where I'm coming from - and yes it is far removed from your good self - anything else I can help you with?

I don’t get the, we get wins simply on talent and our loses are because of coaching. We have one of the weakest midfields in the league and we have only one forward who is better then average around the league. I mean Eddie turns 35 in a couple of months and he has probably kicked more then our 3rd and 4th goal scores combined and without looking it up I imagine Owies would be our 3rd highest goal kicker and he should probably be dropped. The talent is very thin atm and still getting judged on potential.
I’ll admit I haven’t rated Teague highly at all this season and I’m in the Teague out camp but blind Freddy can see we have changed the way we play over the last few weeks and if we play like we did on Friday for the rest of the year then I can’t see how you can not credit him with the turnaround. That will be 8 strong performances out of 9. Watch Fagan and Simpson’s sides atm, they look like a Dogs breakfast. If we play like those sides are atm over the next weeks then Teague will rightly be gone but if we have strong results Teague deserves the credit and will rightly keep his job.

I don’t get the, we get wins simply on talent and our loses are because of coaching. We have one of the weakest midfields in the league and we have only one forward who is better then average around the league. I mean Eddie turns 35 in a couple of months and he has probably kicked more then our 3rd and 4th goal scores combined and without looking it up I imagine Owies would be our 3rd highest goal kicker and he should probably be dropped. The talent is very thin atm and still getting judged on potential.
I’ll admit I haven’t rated Teague highly at all this season and I’m in the Teague out camp but blind Freddy can see we have changed the way we play over the last few weeks and if we play like we did on Friday for the rest of the year then I can’t see how you can not credit him with the turnaround. That will be 8 strong performances out of 9. Watch Fagan and Simpson’s sides atm, they look like a Dogs breakfast. If we play like those sides are atm over the next weeks then Teague will rightly be gone but if we have strong results Teague deserves the credit and will rightly keep his job.

It's an easier way for people to drive home their agendas, which is evident when they lack consistency

A very high majority of coaches fall in a narrow bracket of competence and their results are generally reflective of the maturing core talent they have at their disposal

Teague mistakenly wanted an even more attacking style this year compared to last year

While I thought he would try to tweak that style down a tad after the bye, it really is hard to change things in-season, so I am not surprised by the continued inconsistencies in our output.

Hopefully we don't suffer any more injuries to best 22 and finish off the 2nd half of the year stronger than before the bye

Last edited:
For me the critical question of whether to keep Teague or not is can he tactically outcoach the likes of Beveridge, Longmire, Hinkley, Hardwick, C Scott, Simpson, Fagan or Goodwin? I'll add Pyke, Buckley, Clarkson, Lyon, Choco and B Scott into the mix.
Beyond the talent and commitment of players, coaching tactics and game day manoeuvres are what gets you over the line.
I've yet to see it from Teague and he doesn't give me the impression that it's going to happen any time soon.
And the faithful are becoming extremely impatient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep asking the question, ignore answers not liked 😂

🪨💀
Not at all. You guys put your balls on the line saying either Teague will be replaced or wont be coaching the Blues in 2022 in a post nothing wrong with asking who you think/know will be?
If you had've written"Teague will be replaced by Lyon next year" i wouldn't have asked.
Same as i asked KC.
Whether its Teague,Lyon,Clarkson or Jo down the street, that's coaching the Blues next year,I'm hoping it's the right coach to get us #17.

Decoded as you offering no opinion, just deriding posters who do as per usual...

What are your thoughts on the season, coaching and our plight

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

champion, if you think I'm gonna repeat my way of thinking regarding the club, the players, our efforts, direction, coaching status et al, from years of posting here, you're dreaming - pay attention and you'll understand where I'm coming from - and yes it is far removed from your good self - anything else I can help you with?
His stalling...
Thy is waiting to get his opinion from (SEN) Finey's next riveting episode :tongueoutv1: :roflv1:

Jokes

Last edited:
For me the critical question of whether to keep Teague or not is can he tactically outcoach the likes of Beveridge, Longmire, Hinkley, Hardwick, C Scott, Simpson, Fagan or Goodwin? I'll add Pyke, Buckley, Clarkson, Lyon, Choco and B Scott into the mix.
Beyond the talent and commitment of players, coaching tactics and game day manoeuvres are what gets you over the line.
I've yet to see it from Teague and he doesn't give me the impression that it's going to happen any time soon.

Insightful question in my book.

The Aints game was an example of a change in between the arcs defensive setups - most obvious when the Aints were taking kick ins - but still there in general play. To my eyes the easy to slice through zone defence setups that Teague hasn't been able to implement well all year - were replaced with an old fashioned man on man game - this combined well with the defensive back six NOT going too high up the ground and maintaining structure behind the ball.

This placed direct accountability on each player for their opponent and there was a remarkable increase in defensive pressure and tackling numbers all over the park. I was surprised to see how well the team was able to maintain pressure for most of the game - and shocked to see how well the midfield adapted to the inevitability of losing the hit outs - quite a remarkable performance from quite a few players in that game and one of the rare games where the midfield was able to match the contested ball intensity of an opposition with a strong midfield.

These observations beg the question - how much was it game plan and how much was it players lifting? I think Teague's overall coaching style to date has been heavily reliant on individual brilliance rather than team system that works.

This to me anyway means the big question that is facing the Club regarding coaching is can Teague develop a team based system or not - and the in game change capability is a secondary element that is required against sides who are able to change their approaches - again an open question as far as Teague's ability goes.

No doubt though the actual game plan/style was a huge improvement over previous approaches. Of course, the unbelievable kicking accuracy helped - averaging out both sides accuracy to more evens- and it was a 1-3 goal game either way.

Teague has the list to make finals - the question for me is - does he have the game plan and tactical 'smarts' to get the side to play consistently high-quality football against the better-drilled teams and go deeper into finals.

I'm not a believer in quality of list as the main determinant of success defined as finals wins and flags. I think that team game and strong systems will over time beat a team with a bunch of stars- we have seen that play out watching GWS over the years.

Beating teams and outcoaching your opponent are different issues.
I think this is why we beat teams around and below us ok but can't compete with teams above us. Our talent and players who win individual battles are enough to get us over the line, but when up against a team with as much talent but better organisation we can't get close.

Would still have players at the club that he had a number of issues with. It wouldn't work and it'd truly be amateur hour by the club if they considered it. I can't see the possibility even being raised.
I think Bolton would rather wait until hell freezes over before he became assistant to the guy that allegedly knifed him..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back