Coach Teague in or out?

Teague in or out?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it eventuates, inside info. If it doesn't happen, opinion.
Well I asked as King Charles has history as an ITK, so I'd be surprised if he's said it in such certain language based on opinion as opposed to something he's heard.

Most have assumed/decided on his behalf that it is opinion and not an educated statement, but it's not as open and shut as that based on who said it.

Well I asked as King Charles has history as an ITK, so I'd be surprised if he's said it in such certain language based on opinion as opposed to something he's heard.

Most have assumed/decided on his behalf that it is opinion and not an educated statement, but it's not as open and shut as that based on who said it.

ITK?, might get some info, but I wouldn't go that far

Really :think:

Hope Caro is right. Getting Clarko would be nothing short of amazing.
what's your guess as to who exactly will be the judge on what is - and what isn't - amazing - just take a swing, my very very very very very good friend......

Teaguey's game plan has not stood up against good team's, we consistently allowed side's to score to easily, side's get over the back of us every week, we can't beat top 8 side's, he lacks positional moves during games until game is lost, he does not appear to be a motivational speaker, he is poor in post match pressers, we lose games at the selection table, he plays favourites with certain players and gifts them games and overall just appears too nice and not cut throat enough. So I vote for a new coach regardless of whether we luckily scrape into the 8 or not

Firstly, I certainly don't think it's only a coaching issue. Getting in the right Head of Football is even more important than the coach.

But the external issues of Covid and injuries aside, he hasn't shown that he can coach, at all.
His best coaching performances were in his 10 weeks as a caretaker, before he got the full-time contract. We'd be giving him another year, just to give him a go. We've wasted the last 4 years (for various reasons), why risk wasting another? Getting in a proven coach is a much safer bet.

Around the time of the brisbane match that JSOS turned around then cripps monstered, when teague was the caretaker, i remember him being interviewed, he talked about freeing the players from restrictions, making it fun t o play, natural positions and backing the players. He then talked about adding tactical depth in layers of complexity so as not to overwhelm the players.

When ever we look structurally broken (north this year for instance) i think about that interview and wonder why he has hasn't tried to loosen the reigns a bit again? I say this as someone who prefers the complexity of structural, drilled sports, how can he not see what was working and what now isn't?

Heir apparent
Alastair-Clarkson-Hawthorn-Hawks-AFL-2017-1-415x285.jpg

Hair apparent
1628050717702.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t get the, we get wins simply on talent and our loses are because of coaching. We have one of the weakest midfields in the league and we have only one forward who is better then average around the league. I mean Eddie turns 35 in a couple of months and he has probably kicked more then our 3rd and 4th goal scores combined and without looking it up I imagine Owies would be our 3rd highest goal kicker and he should probably be dropped. The talent is very thin atm and still getting judged on potential.
I’ll admit I haven’t rated Teague highly at all this season and I’m in the Teague out camp but blind Freddy can see we have changed the way we play over the last few weeks and if we play like we did on Friday for the rest of the year then I can’t see how you can not credit him with the turnaround. That will be 8 strong performances out of 9. Watch Fagan and Simpson’s sides atm, they look like a Dogs breakfast. If we play like those sides are atm over the next weeks then Teague will rightly be gone but if we have strong results Teague deserves the credit and will rightly keep his job.
Whilst we have improved I'm reluctant to give Teague much credit because the change imo was forced on him due to no Casboult & Pittonet .
We have been much more consistenty mobile and have pressured better minus the north game .
Due to our midfield deficiencies which have improved of late having extra run in the side to support and without these 2 imo has made a difference

I agree, I don’t know what coach is worth, paying someone $900,000 not to coach you, but I still think Kennett panicked, the Pies came for Mitchell and he sought assurances he would be the next coach of the Hawks and they gave it to him.

I don’t understand the comparative to Malthouse, I also think Malthouse is an easy scapegoat, for a club in a mess, in so many aspects.

The same thing happened at Collingwood, a club favourite, a presidents favourite is there waiting, if you don’t give them the job, someone else will, Malthouse just lost the GF, I’m not sure how that’s cooked.
It is an absolutely fair comparison and Clarkson being pushed out just goes to show that discussing it has merit. However i think Malthouse was a great coach and Buckley a great favourite son, but Clarkson was by far the best coach since Leigh Matthews and Mitchell a far more successful favourite son.
Mitchell also did a far more advanced apprenticeship then Buckley did.

I was not questioning that assertion........
Often said a hard assertion to question regardless of what arborial structure the birds happen to be perched in!
[/QUOTE]
Does the original proverb apply to all birds? Would have thought utensils would be excluded?

Teague's game plan has been terrible. The thing is is he willing to change it? I think we have seen it change as the season has gone on but how good is it and how well do the players implement it? I'm sure he is capable of learning and improving.

That being said when someone so well proven becomes available we really aren't in a position to say no. But that doesn't mean we replace Teague. Would be very happy to have a former well experienced successful coach as an assistant to Teague.

Plenty of blokes out there who have coached and been good, maybe they don't want to be the head guy anymore. That's ideal, Teague and Carlton have no excuse if we had a Clarkson or Lyon etc as an assistant coach. Well unless Teague didn't listen to them and I can't see that happening.

We've invested a lot in Teague. Good teams have done this, put good experienced coaches in with a rookie coach. It's up to us to get on board, find someone, do this.

Like Teague but I think the review will be damning towards him.

Judd and his training wheel comment, which was universally panned at the time, was spot on.

Does himself no favours not getting fired up. Sometimes players need a rocket …. Look at Malcom Blight …. Cool calm and collected like Teague but knew when to go psycho

Like Teague but I think the review will be damning towards him.

Judd and his training wheel comment, which was universally panned at the time, was spot on.

Does himself no favours not getting fired up. Sometimes players need a rocket …. Look at Malcom Blight …. Cool calm and collected like Teague but knew when to go psycho

How do you know what he is like off camera, in the rooms after a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back