Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Whipping Boys roughly five years ago:

image4386
That stupid kimono collar makes anyone a whipping boy. Horrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows board is pretty unforgiving, I've lost count of how many finals we've choked in, and now we can add that we choke in pretend finals after we dropped the soap against West Coast.

MacKay is overpaid, flakey (thats generous), can't tackle, turns it over if he hears footsteps (most of the time in his head). I've had marshmellows that were harder than Mackay.

The game is going past Sam Jacobs. That performance against Giles was like a car accident. It was so bad I don't think he can recover. He'll cop it this year.

Thompson cannot run or chase or do anything outside of a stoppage. We could have put a lot more time into Yolmen or Lyons or any of the 69 inside mids we have in the SANFL.

Jenkins is useless when the opponent puts a spare in defense. Don't get me started on his contract.

Would think Cameron would be whipping boy after his garbage Prelim Final
Not even close. He did things in the QF I've never seen him him do before, in his defensive game. It's noticeable at Spotless that the kids, and the adults on the whole, are most exited when Dylan and Jezza have the ball. He was even taken to one Schools show and tell by a junior supporter last year.
We use different paths to goal and he does have quiet games but the threat is always there.

Not even close. He did things in the QF I've never seen him him do before, in his defensive game. It's noticeable at Spotless that the kids, and the adults on the whole, are most exited when Dylan and Jezza have the ball. He was even taken to one Schools show and tell by a junior supporter last year.
We use different paths to goal and he does have quiet games but the threat is always there.

Great politician answer. Spin spin, useiess anecdote about school kids and then playing down what really happened.

Great politician answer. Spin spin, useiess anecdote about school kids and then playing down what really happened.
I thought I had you on ignore, must have taken it off when you were stalking me on the bay.
Since we're here you inability to look beyond a single game will get very boring over the next 52 years, I think.

Last edited:
Lennon is getting a fair amount of heat, fans expected more. As for onfield players, Astbury, Ellis and Griffths get some hate at times.

Vickery claimed it was him. If he won't consistently stand in front of packs like a big forward, I can't see Hawthorn supporters taking it well.

I'll add Taylor Hunt to the list. Tries hard and the coach loves him, but his mistakes send supporters off the deep end.

Thread needs more Liam Jones
He has been whipped more times than the entire convict population of Port Arthur circa 1835. And salt has been rubbed into his wounds as punishment for the Doggies selecting little Caleb with the pick we gave up for him. Me, I think the recruiters should be gettin the paddlin, not Jones. All he did was say yes to a contract offer which must have seemed like a wet dream.

Casboult has stepped up now that jones has been banished to the VFL because Levi could be blindfolded and spun around 10 times a la pin the tail on the donkey before he kicks for goal and be no more inaccurate.

Jaksch is a permanent fixture on the whipping post because again we lured him and paid overs when he is not up to it. His lack of effort in the attempt to be up to it earns extra lashes. But given he plays exclusively in the VFL he is only technically a reserve whipping boy.

Daisy Thomas to step up this year as number one when it finally sinks in that his extravagent four year contract will deliver no A Grade football at all.

He has been whipped more times than the entire convict population of Port Arthur circa 1835. And salt has been rubbed into his wounds as punishment for the Doggies selecting little Caleb with the pick we gave up for him. Me, I think the recruiters should be gettin the paddlin, not Jones. All he did was say yes to a contract offer which must have seemed like a wet dream.

I remember being of two minds at the time when Jones was traded. On one hand I was astonished someone wanted him but on the other I was worried he would come good and we'd always regret letting him go for relatively nothing.

Which is one of the many reasons I'm not a list manager. ;)

Lennon is getting a fair amount of heat, fans expected more. As for onfield players, Astbury, Ellis and Griffths get some hate at times.
thats because griffiths plays 2 good games a year, ellis is a seagull with poor disposal, and astbury (who is far and away the best of the lot) is slow.

i would say only astbury classifies as a whipping boy because to be a whipping boy you have to be a generally good player who cops unfair criticism for one aspect of their game, or is a scapegoat. I dont think ellis and definitely not griffiths fulfil the good player part of those requirements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back