Toast Tex 600 goals around the corner

Remove this Banner Ad

In modern footy 50 goals is a banner season for a KPF.

600 goals averages out as 12 seasons of 50; that puts some context on just how impressive 600 is

That some player, and that’s before we talk about the man, the captain, the icon who bleeds our colours
You could work out some sort of 'goals deflation' over the decades and adjust for that. Then put everyone's goals in real goals :)

Richmond, Carlton, Fremantle, Essendon, North Melbourne and us play the Eagles twice. This agenda against the big Texan isn't even hidden any more. The blokes a gun, let him go about his business and give credit where it's due.

Curnow is beating Tex in just about every statistical metric this year. Doesn't seem like he has had more influence over games to the eye though
I think Curnow's first couple of months was really exceptional, but his output in terms of goals has dried up since then. First 7 rounds Curnow kicked 30 goals 14, last 7 he's kicked 12.16. Walker by comparison had 15.10 after 7 rounds and has kicked 28.4 since, in one less game.

Curnow definitely gets more of the ball and gets around the ground more, I think it would be somewhat hard to justify selecting Tex ahead of him for AA if the season ended today. They could definitely both get a gig though.

I think Curnow's first couple of months was really exceptional, but his output in terms of goals has dried up since then. First 7 rounds Curnow kicked 30 goals 14, last 7 he's kicked 12.16. Walker by comparison had 15.10 after 7 rounds and has kicked 28.4 since, in one less game.

Curnow definitely gets more of the ball and gets around the ground more, I think it would be somewhat hard to justify selecting Tex ahead of him for AA if the season ended today. They could definitely both get a gig though.
You'd be pretty happy with one of those as a 3rd tall.

I reckon if Tex gets his 600 this season, we’re going to make the Finals. Needs 18 goals in 8 games. He’s been averaging over 3 per game. The improbable (preseason) has now become a near reality.
Carn’ Tex!

Yeh he's kicked more in the last three games than the entire covid 2020 season
This is likely a reflection of our midfield being very average between 2020-2021. Thank goodness we’re now a better team with more skilled midfielders, better forward entries, so Tex can focus on what he does best (kick goals).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Puts a little interest in the Carlton and north games now.
It was the sole reason I was watching Carlton-Hawthorn.
Then the second Curnow was subbed I switched off.

Tex winning a Coleman would be so special.

So being infront at the 2/3rds point is bloody exciting. When was the last time a Crow led the Coleman after round 16?

Modra?
I think so. As far as I can tell we've had three Coleman medal leaders after the first 5 rounds since Modra:
Walker led after round 7 in 2021
Betts led after round 5 in 2017
Walker led after round 8 in 2012, which is the latest we've held the Coleman lead in a season since Modra.

Lol, a third of the teams play Weagles twice... & also we play the top 2 teams twice.
We play the top 3 teams twice, and are the only club asked to do that.
I thought it was a bit stiff from the outset finishing 14th and being drawn to play CWD and Bris twice - the losing preliminary finalists.

Our draw against the 2022 top 8:
1. Geelong x1 away
2. Melbourne x1 away
3. Sydney x1 at home
4. Collingwood x2
5. Fremantle x1 at home
6. Brisbane x2
7. Richmond x1 at home
8. Western Bulldogs x1 away in Ballarat.

Last edited:
Should be Curnow easily from here unless he just goes missing for a month and Walker or Larkey get another West Coast bag. Coleman race would actually be incredibly open without West Coast.

The current top 10 with West Coast goals taken out looks like this, with a few players still having a game to come in the round:
Daniher - 43
Curnow - 42
Hawkins - 41
Allen - 41
Walker - 40*
C. Cameron - 40
Larkey - 39*
J. Cameron - 39
Greene - 37*
Naughton - 36

But that's not totally fair because it penalises people who have played against WC as though they'd had a goalless game or missed a week. If we instead assume they played another opponent and kicked their average number of goals for the year against non-WC opposition, which is around 2.4-2.7 for the top 9, it looks like this:
Curnow - 47.3
Daniher - 45.5
Hawkins - 43.4
Walker - 42.7*
C. Cameron - 43.4
J. Cameron - 41.6
Larkey - 41.4*
Allen - 41
Greene - 39.6*
Naughton - 36

Would be anyone's to win.

This morning on SEN they were talking about Tex and AA if he wins the Coleman. The theme was he shouldn't get it (AA) because we p-lay WC twice and the usual Vic sulking.:mad:

The sulking turns to fawning now that Charlie has kicked 19 of his 61 goals (31%) against the Eagles (11% of his games). Apparently the Coleman race is over.

Tex has kicked 10 of his 54 goals (18.5%) of his goals in just 1 game against WC (5.8% of his 17 games, noting he was rested for the Ballarat trip)

Makes the tears all the more salty if and when Tex wins it.

(I never wish injury on anyone, but bad luck happens, and sometimes that bad luck is someone else's good luck. Exhibit A: Will Ashcroft. The race is definitely not over.)

With him signed on for next year, 650 should be his next target. With a flirtation with 700 if he can squeeze 2 years out if himself.

Which TBH, I think he could.

As soon as Collingwood dropped the news that Cox had resigned yesterday, I knew it was a done deal.

Well done on being loyal, legacy intact but no Collingwood premiership. Probably got a $ bump by being in demand.

I'm happy with that, so is the big man.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back