Toast Tex 600 goals around the corner

Remove this Banner Ad

As soon as Collingwood dropped the news that Cox had resigned yesterday, I knew it was a done deal.

Well done on being loyal, legacy intact but no Collingwood premiership. Probably got a $ bump by being in demand.

I'm happy with that, so is the big man.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I guess he'll just have to settle for a 2024 Adelaide premiership ;)

Hopefully he finally gets his AA guernsey this year. It's insane that he's never had one.

With him signed on for next year, 650 should be his next target. With a flirtation with 700 if he can squeeze 2 years out if himself.

Which TBH, I think he could.
I hope he does, but what he’s doing at the moment is a minor miracle. Body looked shot a few years ago.

Can’t take this form for granted, the end is near, and the decline will probably happen quickly when it does. Look at Franklin, he’s a shadow of his former self.

I hope he does, but what he’s doing at the moment is a minor miracle. Body looked shot a few years ago.

Can’t take this form for granted, the end is near, and the decline will probably happen quickly when it does. Look at Franklin, he’s a shadow of his former self.
Yeah the biggest concern is that once the body goes it goes hard. Scott Thompson was another one that just fell off a cliff. At least we've been sensible about it with the one year deals. And if anyone in club history deserves the faith that we might have to pay him for 3/4 a year to sit out it's big Texy.

Lance Franklin is 3 years older then Tex.

And he kicked 50+ goals in his age 34 and 35 seasons

If we are looking at Buddy as a comparison then it actually bodes well for Tex.

Last edited:

I think it varies quite a bit with players. Hawkins is still going strong, Riewoldt has definitely declined but is still an okay player, Franklin is cooked, etc.

One thing in favour of Walker's longevity is that he has incredible skills. If he gets the ball he will be a real threat with it, even if he's not getting it that much. That's less true of some other aging forwards, so when their output declines in terms of possessions or they lose pace they become poor quite quickly. I could see him being quite a damaging third tall or whatever and worth a spot in the team.

If I were guessing I suspect he has two more seasons and will retire at the end of 2025, assuming no serious injuries.

Tex is on 597 goals. Probably in the best form of his life. He is making a mockery out of the ageing process!

He has kicked goals in big games (5 against Collingwood at the G, 7 tonight), which will influence the selectors. Just needs to keep kicking goals and stay in the top 2 to lock in his AA. Could possibly go past Curnow in the last game against WC.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Also some chance to win our BnF with the way he’s influencing games regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you start a thread to ask whether Tex’s 500 might be a possibility for next round, when he’s on 498?

Love it 😍
I love that he is bringing up 500 one season, and potentially 600 the next!

He's not going to average 3 goals a game.
Will Ferrell Comedy GIF by filmeditor

Also note he’s already at his PB for home and away season goals. The 2012 number includes 3 finals.
he also missed a big number of games through suspension that season - for tackling of all things (which was largely unheard of back then)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back