Toast Thank you Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Brad but you ultimately brought about your own demise:

- Not learning from your mistakes/ short comings
- Persisting with a Hawthorn 2008 style game plan that other teams worked out how to play against 10 years ago
- Poor player development
- Skill level is just as bad as when you came to the club
- Constantly playing your favourites no matter how shite they are

The list goes on

The best coaches in the game are ones that are innovative and adaptable. Unfortunately, you were neither.

Thanks Brad but you ultimately brought about your own demise

That reads like the final scene of a murder mystery episode. Cue montage of all the clues you listed that lead up to the Sydney debacle.

A%20Touch%20of%20Frost.jpg

"So in the end .. Brad.. you really could say it was an .. 'easy fix' "

This might be an unpopular opinion but, I can't believe Scott has been shafted mid-season unless, as Kane Cornes has suggested Scott chose to leave early while he has currency (which is unlikely considering Cornes's Shock-Jock Reputation).

As Pies fan I look back to Collingwood's 2015/2016 seasons when we were pretty ordinary, and the media knives were out for Buckley. At the time, I was extremely optimistic as I knew we had the list to challenge for a flag and we just needed the chemistry to 'click'. Looking at the Kangaroo's list right now I get exactly the same feeling, you only need to 'click' and then top 4 beckons. Keep the faith North fans you are closer than you think!

The reality with Brad is 10 years and our problems were still the same. The same mistakes cost us opportunities over the last 5 years of his tenure. That was on him to fix and he wasn't able to.

I think you are right (and I agree with Luke72 as well) that an independent review like the one you guys had would have been helpful and possibly won us a flag. But what's done is done.

It won't hurt the players to experience some unexpected "finality" for the first time in many of their careers.

The clock is ticking for a few of them.

This could be the best thing that happened to them.

Kill the King Oedey!!

I would hope so mate, because it's the truth.

I agree.

I think they see Brad as a father figure. Sometimes that can protect you from the real world.

Now he's gone they'll have to be men and take responsibility for it (whatever it is - the game or way they play and winning, the rest of their lives, property choices etc) themselves.

And take responsibility for themselves.

I agree.

I think they see Brad as a father figure. Sometimes that can protect you from the real world.

It's a negative factor if your father is Mike Brady and your environment is the AFL.

On that note.

Brad's legacy will be interesting. If Shaw coaches in a way that demands accountability and allows players the freedom to be instinctive at times then the discipline Brad's instilled in them re some aspects of his style, especially the way we work to deny teams the corridor, could be an incredible benefit to them. We could be looking at a flag this year kids.

:oops: ... :think: ... :drunk:

I was always a Brad fan, but over the last few years have begun to question whether the issue is more him rather than the players. I will say that pre-season I though our list this year was as deep as it has been under his tenure. Anyway, I suspect we'll learn over the next 10 games a little more of whether he's been holding back the players or the other way around.

On that note.

Brad's legacy will be interesting. If Shaw coaches in a way that demands accountability and allows players the freedom to be instinctive at times then the discipline Brad's instilled in them re some aspects of his style, especially the way we work to deny teams the corridor, could be an incredible benefit to them. We could be looking at a flag this year kids.

:oops: ... :think: ... :drunk:
If we make the eight with Ahern, Jacobs, Hall and Maj all firing. Look out.

Brad I think for all of his faults created a good team. I do think there was a perfect storm at the start of the year with missing key pillars. They’ll be back and breathing fire.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Brad brought a lot of professionalism to the club and turned us into a modern team.

He had his shortcomings no doubt but we also had some wonderful times along the way.

Finals wins over * Richmond and Geelong will always be treasured memories.

Last edited:
And Sydney because stuff them.

Those finals wins were all great. Richmond was amazing, went with my best friend who is a Richmond supporter, he was so confident, it was great to see him flip out and storm off in the last quarter. Never would have thought at that time that they would win a flag before us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back