Autopsy The 2014 National Draft - All picks in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

I am...unsure how to feel.

Numb?
What's wrong with DVR?

Kavanagh was supposed to be a bargain in the 2011 draft.

Bombers passed on Laverde with 17 and left him on the board. Sounds like a home run.

The plebs would be happy if he we had taken another Watson and McCarthy who were rated by the "experts" on BigFooty and in the media.
There are other words id choose.
Uneducated is one.

Your work on the podcast won't improve.

You're kidding aren't you? He's alright but I think he actually might take a couple of years, or at least one anyhow.

hes ready to go Freo would have taken him if we didn't. whether he is AFL ready is different story but his body is ready to go and still very good age. he is an impressive player but AFL will be different for sure,

sam rowe was 2nd round pick...look whose laughing now.,

hes ready to go Freo would have taken him if we didn't.

Freo didn't have another pick between 19 and our next selection, so not sure what you mean here. I think overlooking Laverde is going to come back and bite us. Would have made the 7 to 19 downgrade for Jaksch look like a masterstroke. Of course time will tell, but I don't have a good feeling about it atm.

SP9Xtbp.png

awkward turtle

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's wrong with DVR?

Kavanagh was supposed to be a bargain in the 2011 draft.

Bombers passed on Laverde with 17 and left him on the board. Sounds like a home run.

The plebs would be happy if he we had taken another Watson and McCarthy who were rated by the "experts" on BigFooty and in the media.

Uneducated is one.

Hoping DVR develops into one of those boring reliable players that hardly ever makes mistakes and has consistent solid games without being a standout. Can handle that

Freo didn't have another pick between 19 and our next selection, so not sure what you mean here. I think overlooking Laverde is going to come back and bite us. Would have made the 7 to 19 downgrade for Jaksch look like a masterstroke. Of course time will tell, but I don't have a good feeling about it atm.

Laverde will be a good player but might need to wait until 2016.. Freo wasn't the only club looking at him.

Uneducated is one.

At least he contributes unlike some who just sit back and take pot shots that can be described as uneducated at best :)

Laverde will be a good player but might need to wait until 2016.. Freo wasn't the only club looking at him.

I just reckon Rogers pegged him as "our man" and got nervous someone else would get him so overreached. Not a smart way to do business IMO. Happy to be proven wrong, of course I dearly hope I am, but after years of the club being disabled at the draft table I'm outta faith here.

I just reckon Rogers pegged him as "our man" and got nervous someone else would get him so overreached. Not a smart way to do business IMO. Happy to be proven wrong, of course I dearly hope I am, but after years of the club being disabled at the draft table I'm outta faith here.

We all have our opinions. In my opinion he was the best available run and carry player.. Laverde is a medium mid we don't need medium mids..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back