Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Ben Simmons

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Both will be gone by 8

We have 7, but yeah there's a decent chance of that, though most mocks are all over the place at the moment. Doesn't seem many certainties after Simmons and Ingram. I'll take the dragon if avail, will fulfill my desire of a 5 euro big starting lineup.

Philly is where potential stars turn to s**t Simmons deserves better

Care to provide one example.

As a 20+ year fan of the Sixers, I'm well aware of the long time basket case (mis)management that the Sixers have suffered through. That pretty much stopped when Sam Hinkie was hired. What most people don't get is that Philly under Hinkie deliberately set out to be horrible to try and land that number one pick in the draft. We deliberately tanked and made no secret about it. And from day one Hinkie has said that our goal is to draft best available talent, regardless of position or fit, in order to try and draft that future super star player.

Hinkie traded out all the good and halfway decent players for future assets. So there are few potential stars on the Sixers, and only ones what we have drafted in. Unfortunately they all play the same position, center.

2014 we tanked, and most fans really wanted Andrew Wiggins in the draft. Except we landed the 3rd pick in a 3 player draft, and all reports were Wiggins was projected as the 3rd pick, with Cleveland set to draft Embiid, Milwaukee to draft Parker and Wiggins to Philly. Except Embiid suffered a stress fracture in his foot during a pre draft work out, and scared Cleveland off. So Wiggins went 1, and Embiid fell to 3 and Hinkie took the gamble that if Embiid regained his health, we would have our super star. None of the other projected top draftees were viewed to be in the same tier as the top three and worth taking a punt on.

2015 we tanked and Karl-Anthony Towns was the target. Again we lucked out in the lottery and ended up with the 3rd pick again, in a 3 player draft. Unfortunately the Lakers pulled a fast one, and drafted the player Philly wanted, in Russell when it was clear that Minnesota was going to draft KAT at one. So we were left to draft the best player available, though not deemed as the super star to build around.

Under Hinkie, it's always been clear that every player is viewed as a traceable asset to bring in the super star player. Under Hinkie we have accumulated an unprecedented number of future draft picks that can be used to either draft players or used as trade chips. We own LAL first round pick in 2017 (top 3 protected) and it converts to an unprotected first round pick in 2018. We own Sacramento's first round pick in 2019 and have the right to swap picks in 2017 and 2018 if they finish in a better draft position that us. We own future draft picks from other teams as far in to the future as 2021.

The concern for many Sixers fans now is that with the Colangelo's in charge, many of these assets won't be utilised or cashed in properly.

Oh, we're definitely drafting Ben Simmons. And with how the league rookie and restricted free agents contracts are structured, he's here for the next 9 years.

Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 10.48.34 PM.png As an aside, Ingram visited Philly last week for a pre-draft work out. Embiid was in the gym practising after Ingram finished up and Colangelo was talking to the press. Half the press couldn't help but watch Embiid rather than listen to the Sixers general manager. If you have the time, the video and article in the link are worth reading.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20160614_Ford__Ingram_works_out__Embiid_stands_out.html

So much of the Sixers future ride on Embiid being healthy.

We have 7, but yeah there's a decent chance of that, though most mocks are all over the place at the moment. Doesn't seem many certainties after Simmons and Ingram. I'll take the dragon if avail, will fulfill my desire of a 5 euro big starting lineup.

My bad, thought Kings had 7

So what we got so far according to a few mocks

1 Simmons
2 Ingram
3 Buddy/Dunn/Brown/Bender (seems to be sliding tho)
4 Chriss/Brown/Bender/Murray
5 Dunn/Murray/Buddy
6 Murray/Buddy/Dunn/Chriss
7 Bender/Murray/Chriss
8 Sabonis/Brown/Buddy/Ska
9 Poeltl/Sabonis/Skal.Ellenson
10 Brown/Chris/Ellenson/D Murray/Skal/Prince

A lot are picking the following

1 Simmons
2 Ingram
7 Bender
9 Poeltl

From a Bulls perspective
Baldwin, Davis, D Jackson, Luwawu have all been mentioned

Boston I have no idea. The frontcourt is loaded, albeit it loaded with role players. They look set with Thomas/Smart/Bradley/Crowder, unless they are looking to trade, in which case... maybe a wing? If they deal Smart, they could look at Dunn, Bradley deal then take Buddy. No idea.

Phoenix will look to build around Booker/Knight/Bled (unless dealt), so you'd be thinking a wing/4. Brown/Chriss make sense here.

Personally i think Buddy makes sense for the Wolves, if they keep their pick, and if he's on the board.

Pels needs, hmm. They have Holiday/Evans/Davis, but could use a 2. Whoever remains of Dunn/Buddy/Murray

I'm not so sure on Bender to Denver, altho they do love a Euro, with the likes of Gallo and Jokic I'm not sure on the fit. They have Mudiay in the backcourt but could use a 2/3. Murray/Chriss perhaps

Likewise, I really don't see the Kings taking a big, unless they are trading Boogie, so I'm not sure on the Sabonis, Poeltl type pick there. They need guards desperately. Baldwins worked out there, but might be too early for him. Luwawu comes under consideration, as does Jaylen Brown

The Raps make sense for Poeltl/Skal given they are likely to lose Biyombo. you could argue they need a 4 as well

Bucks... hmm. They need shooting. They could take whoever falls, or they could reach for Richardson.

Where the hell Bender goes i have no idea. Toronto maybe? Denver if they are looking to flip Faried/Gallo?

Bender is a PF/C isn't he? Really don't think the Nuggets would be that interested with Nurkic, Jokic, Faried and Arthur who they want to bring back. Would definitely require a trade.

Altho to be fair, lets take AI as the earliest we look at
Iverson
Dalembert
Iggy
Lou Williams
Sefolosha - traded
Thad Young
Mo Speights - was ok for 3 years until they hired Doug. But as a pick 16 its not the worst return
Jrue
Evan Turner - well they could have drafted Wes Johnson.
Lavoy Allen - servicable for a pick 50
Vucevic - traded after 1 year
MCW
Nerlens
Mo Harkless - failed to reach his potential in 3 stops so far

I mean they whiffed on a few picks but had a really nice period getting Iggy, Thad, Jrue

When did Iverson turn to s**t?

He was one of the top 3 players in the league during his time at Philly, a league and all star mvp, and scoring champ.

That fact that you mentioned Iverson basically screams you know nothing.

I assumed he was agreeing with you?

Altho to be fair, lets take AI as the earliest we look at
Iverson
Dalembert
Iggy
Lou Williams
Sefolosha - traded
Thad Young
Mo Speights - was ok for 3 years until they hired Doug. But as a pick 16 its not the worst return
Jrue
Evan Turner - well they could have drafted Wes Johnson.
Lavoy Allen - servicable for a pick 50
Vucevic - traded after 1 year
MCW
Nerlens
Mo Harkless - failed to reach his potential in 3 stops so far

I mean they whiffed on a few picks but had a really nice period getting Iggy, Thad, Jrue
Harkless and Vucevic never played for Philly as they were traded during in the offseason they were drafted.

Bender is a PF/C isn't he? Really don't think the Nuggets would be that interested with Nurkic, Jokic, Faried and Arthur who they want to bring back. Would definitely require a trade.

Yeah, thats what I can't figure. If they go down that route a trade would surely be imminent. Altho he is 18, so you could look to bring him along slowly, ala Hezonja last year?

So many teams in the early picks need guards, and there's really only 3 or 4 worth picking.

Whats the word on Denver? Are they looking to gut and tank out, slowly add to their core, or look for some middle ground and trade guys for picks

Harkless and Vucevic never played for Philly as they were traded during in the offseason they were drafted.

Ah yeah, forgot he was traded. Vuc was there for one year, he played a series against the Magic iirc and showed something against Howard?

Edit - nah, that was someone else, but he deffo played a year there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the word on Denver? Are they looking to gut and tank out, slowly add to their core, or look for some middle ground and trade guys for picks

Pretty sure they aim on building with the current lot, I do expect us to try and trade up given we have a few picks and not enough roster space. Have the eternal struggle of not having a superstar or the means to acquire one though. A lot rests on Mudiay and Jokic development I think.

The hot stove rumor mill is starting to sizzle for the Boston Celtics. Former Providence head coach Tim Welsh reported on CSN's Sports Tonightthat the Philadelphia Sixers are pushing to complete a trade for Boston's third pick before Thursday's NBA Draft.

"Philly has told Kris Dunn's camp and his agent they are trying to push the buttons to have this happen before the draft," Welsh said. "They've been in Providence locked in to the city talking to everyone that's ever encountered Kris Dunn. They are putting the full court press on the Celtics to acquire the third pick. It could go down in the next two days, so we'll see. Boston has the upper hand in knowing what Philly wants."

Let the home state boy come back to Mass and ya got yaselves a deal Philly.

When did Iverson turn to s**t?

He was one of the top 3 players in the league during his time at Philly, a league and all star mvp, and scoring champ.

That fact that you mentioned Iverson basically screams you know nothing.

150a33713dc9dfcd5d631a956004546c.gif

Was using Iverson as an example of someone who didn't turn to s**t. Take your chill pills.

Ah yeah, forgot he was traded. Vuc was there for one year, he played a series against the Magic iirc and showed something against Howard?

Edit - nah, that was someone else, but he deffo played a year there

Vuc showed signs intermittently in his rook year. But had his ass parked for the duration of the playoffs (Bulls/Celtics) because his coach didn't like him.

1 guess for who that coach was.

Being a Bucks fan for a long time, draft day is the most exciting day as a fan.
With our recent few drafts pick the plan seems to be to find a guy with the biggest potential for upside or someone long in their position.

Last year picking up Vaughn as the 2nd youngest player in the draft suggests they draft for their upside and maybe I'm giving them too much credit but maybe prediciting this year's draft is lacking guards and more bigs meaning the bucks will go for a tall.

Bucks currently need shooting and also a rim protector.

Any chance of Bogut coming back?

Suspect he'll be at GSW next year but could be attractive elsewhere

He would be handy but just his age and durability probably most likely won't happen. Whiteside or Biyombo might be good options depending how much they cost and also depends if we can get rid of Monroe for anything.

Back