News The 2018 Brownlow Medal winner! Tom Mitchell!

Remove this Banner Ad

So the House of Tom and Jaeger only scored 4 points less than the Holy Trinity. #SoldTheFarm
Thrown in Shiels to make our own trinity, we did better.

So did Collingwood, just quietly - Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Treloar.

Last edited:
Semi understandably they wanted to keep Heeney and give him more game time. Hindsight shows they are now cutting Hanners (before three older guys)
If they knew at the end of 2012 that they were going to get Bud, why did they go off and get Tippett? He was largely ineffective once Bud came, and led them to lose Mumford, Mitchell and one more player whose name escapes me.

Thrown in Shiels to make our own trinity, we did better.

So did Collingwood, just quietly - Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Treloar.
When you realise Treloar is the only one that even approaches Mitchell and Jags age. Kiddy gloves are well and truly off with Jags next year too, not expecting major differences in regards to stats but like Mitchell after his first year he's had time to gel.

When you realise Treloar is the only one that even approaches Mitchell and Jags age. Kiddy gloves are well and truly off with Jags next year too, not expecting major differences in regards to stats but like Mitchell after his first year he's had time to gel.

Not sure what you mean here?

I would expect he would be managed as he needs to be managed, just like any other player and just like he has been this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what i really love is the fact that the media "experts" kept telling us it would be the year of the ruckman .. and even better was the fact that i didnt hear any of them say anything about sidebottom ... smart bunch huh

I would think Sidebottom, Brayshaw, Oliver and Trealor can thank Grundy and Max for many of the votes they received.

Took a quick browse of how the Druggies board responded to a Hawk winning the medal, and it was as predicted.
Quotes like, "Tom in the first Hawk to win since Crawf," and " Congratulations to swan, Tom Mitchell." Then teay say they are over Jobe being stripped of his medal.

Tempted to drop a few one liners here and there, but resisted the temptation.

great win to a great player, thought he spoke well too. Hard work paying off, should get more respect from the clueless rabble now.

Sucks he doesnt play for us, but has also become a better player so he might the right call even if our club farked it up

great win to a great player, thought he spoke well too. Hard work paying off, should get more respect from the clueless rabble now.

Sucks he doesnt play for us, but has also become a better player so he might the right call even if our club farked it up

Will never get respect from that rabble. His possessions don’t hurt right?!

Will never get respect from that rabble. His possessions don’t hurt right?!

Yep but Greg Williams would also be a slow spud if he played today too with those types of footy watchers

All the opposition salt I’m seeing makes Tom’s medal even sweeter. He’s so consistent it’s unlikely to be his last one either.
Literally the best part is the opposition salt.

Another Brownlow for the collection. Well don Tom on a Colossal and Tireless year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back