List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure Weightman was originally rated later in the first round but had a very strong U18s carnival.

Originally we were hoping to get Jamie Elliott and take the risk of hoping that Weightman would slide to the second round with other teams filling their small forward needs during the trade period.

However, since we didn't get Elliott and the Blues didn't land Papley they would be keen on Weightman at pick 9 so we had to jump ahead of them to get the guy we want.

Yeah is seems Weightman is on our radar, may be a bit of a reach at 8 but realistically if we want him then i dont mind, similarly with Kemp there is a risk he isnt there at 6 if we do the GWS trade, i would just take him at 3 and get Burgess working on his rehab asap.

Yeah is seems Weightman is on our radar, may be a bit of a reach at 8 but realistically if we want him then i dont mind, similarly with Kemp there is a risk he isnt there at 6 if we do the GWS trade, i would just take him at 3 and get Burgess working on his rehab asap.
so when did Kemp do his knee?

If we get pick 6 and a next years first off GWS, would we be happy trading pick to Port for 12 and 18?

Picks 8, 12 and 18 in this years draft and a first next year
If we were happy with 3 for 12, 18 and GWS' first next year we could have done that deal before GWS traded those picks to St Kilda.

I'd say we're more likely to be divesting souls rather than gathering them. Cameron Ling could use one, the filthy ranga. Mitch Robinson also looks unburdened by a soul or conscience.
Mark Robinson? Burdened by a soul of Carlton Draught.

I saw him at the mitre tavern once with thongs on, just inhaling piss with these other deadbeats. Brutal.

Not the worst, not the best trade period. Happy with our additions as I feel they’ll seriously allow our midfield to play a lot deeper. Would’ve liked us too try harder for Butler, Papley or Martin but it might have been about money. Using pick 8 on a small forward is a bit dangerous in my opinion, if there’s a gun mid we could nab instead it may be better. All I hope is that pick 3 is used on an outside midfielder.

Good old Damian Barrett. Why would someone should have to explain why they didn't get a player when the other club was after a ridiculous price? Harley wasn't the creator of or the one perpetuating the circus. Glass houses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good old Damian Barrett. Why would someone should have to explain why they didn't get a player when the other club was after a ridiculous price? Harley wasn't the creator of or the one perpetuating the circus. Glass houses.
Can only be trying to create a stir and further headlines. Essendon dug their heels in and put an unreasonable price on Daniher’s head, backing themselves to talk him around in a year. Swans didn’t pay through the nose. Fair enough, that’s business.

Barrett saying “the public and the media deserve an explanation...” lol, tabloid journalism.

If we get pick 6 and a next years first off GWS, would we be happy trading pick to Port for 12 and 18?

Picks 8, 12 and 18 in this years draft and a first next year

You might recall a few days ago I posted that the Dees were happy to land a pick 14-18 ish? I am hearing rumours if we have a pick here it would most likely go on Gould.

You might recall a few days ago I posted that the Dees were happy to land a pick 14-18 ish? I am hearing rumours if we have a pick here it would most likely go on Gould.

"Has been playing at senior level throughout this season and has continued to show what he does well: rebound off half-back, kick the ball with penetration and match up on senior types. He has as good a CV as any of the draft hopefuls with his back-to-back All Australian jumpers and being a regular senior in the SANFL. Will be fascinating to see where clubs view Gould on draft night given his maturity as a prospect already. "

Sounds great!

"Has been playing at senior level throughout this season and has continued to show what he does well: rebound off half-back, kick the ball with penetration and match up on senior types. He has as good a CV as any of the draft hopefuls with his back-to-back All Australian jumpers and being a regular senior in the SANFL. Will be fascinating to see where clubs view Gould on draft night given his maturity as a prospect already. "

Sounds great!
yeah I like him. he could step in straight away as an upgrade on Frost imo. big bodied type who can play big or small. strong leadership material too. been compared to Hurn from the Eagles. not sure how we plan on getting a pick into that range though.

If Melbourne did the trade that the media wanted to happen id blow up and the media in Melbourne would be losing their s**t. No way is Daniher worth 5, Papley and another player. Thatd be like us giving up 3, Salem and say Weideman for Daniher like *.
Trying to work out players of value for that trade is ****ed cause we dont have anybody of value🤣🤣

Who's left

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...0/news-story/3654ed0f50b453451735fe7bc96b3fae

Sam Murray (Collingwood)

Murray arrived at the Pies in the 2017 trade period from Sydney, after playing no games for the Swans since he was drafted in 2015. He played 13 games for the Pies in 2018 and showed promising signs on-field. But off-field, something bigger was brewing as Murray tested positive for cocaine on a match-day in that same year. He was slapped with an 18-month ban and is free to play next season. However, Collingwood elected not to renew his contract. The 22-year-old is keen to play on and earlier this month AFL Media reported Melbourne, Richmond, GWS and North Melbourne were all keeping tabs on his situation.

Jack Martin (Gold Coast Suns)

Martin was expected to get to the Blues after nominating them as his preferred trade destination. But the Suns held firm on wanting Pick 9 in this year’s draft as part of a swap, which Carlton wasn’t willing to give up. That means Martin is out of contract on October 31, but he isn’t a free agent because he hasn’t spent enough time in the AFL system. If he does not sign a new deal with Gold Coast, he can enter the national or pre-season drafts, where any club that meets his nominated contract terms can pick him up. That means the Suns or even Melbourne could opt for Martin before the Blues have the chance to snap him up. On the plus side for Carlton, if they do get Martin now, they’ll do it without trading a pick for him

Sam Gray (Port Adelaide)

One of many small forwards that didn’t move at the end of the trade period, the 27-year-old Gray had interest from Carlton, North Melbourne, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs but none made a play for him. After 96 games he is out of contract and was offered just a one-year deal on a lower salary by Port Adelaide. Having kicked 69 goals across the last three seasons, Gray could still be a cheap option for a club like Carlton or Melbourne if he delists himself and enters the pre-season draft. Alternatively if the Power delist him Gray will become a free agent.

Jack Newnes (St Kilda)

The 26-year-old Newnes was a restricted free agent this year but did not gain enough interest to warrant an offer from a rival club. He has an offer on the table from the Saints, but at a relatively low salary for two seasons, meaning he is gettable as a delisted free agent if a club wants to swoop. St Kilda champion Leigh Montagna suggested on Trading Day a fortnight ago Newnes could be an option for Fremantle to replace wingmen Bradley Hill and Ed Langdon, though that void has arguably been filled now by Blake Acres and James Aish. Melbourne is also a contender for Newnes given it has targeted players like him this off-season already.

Thoughts?

yeah I like him. he could step in straight away as an upgrade on Frost imo. big bodied type who can play big or small. strong leadership material too. been compared to Hurn from the Eagles. not sure how we plan on getting a pick into that range though.
Can we trade GWS' future 1st for a pick this year? Ill be going after Brisbanes as theyll have 3 players next year im pretty sure

I've been into Newnes for a while. Would love to get Martin, don't care for Gray or Murray.

Also we need to restock lour Jacks after saying bye, bye to Jack Grimes, Jack Trengrove, Jack Watts and Jack Fitzpatrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back