List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It was such a shame that Yzeir Yze didn't make it, however. Likewise the Cockatoo-Collins twins.

" His brother, Yzeir (or Damien) Yze, 29, played second XI cricket for Victoria and AFL reserves with Melbourne and Essendon."
Damien Yze had more clubs than Greg Norman. I watched him play for East Burwood one day. Kicked a fair few from full forward. Had a few of his brother's moves. Great hands, great user of the ball. A bunch of U19's from the opposition club had gathered on the fence & mouthed off at him all day. "You're f#*king s**t Yze - ya only get a game 'cos of your f#*king name" was some of the nicer stuff. Siren goes to end the game & Yze heads over to where these lads were gathered - a good dozen or more. As he gets closer he starts removing the strapping from his hands & wrists & the big mouth young blokes all shut up. I'm thinking jeez, this is gonna get ugly. Yze got to the fence & then said g'day & shook hands with every one of them. One of the best things I've seen on a footy ground. And those young blokes went from abusing him to thinking he was an out & out legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can pies keep De Goey, Mihocek and Moore? would love to shake Mihocek free certainly deserving of a decent contract.

No. They’re working overtime to keep Mihocek. Last I heard, they were miles apart on a deal. He was on a dismal rookie contract for ages on a promise of a big contract soon.

Pies will need to release a couple to help out. Players like Phillips, Scharenberg & Stephenson will be gettable.

Yze was an enigma - people could spell his last name but first name not so much. Was also pretty quick hand to foot with ball.

The pies will be hoping this year just an outlier for Grundy. 6 more years at a million a year to go. There’s a few that’ll come off the list this year. But none earning too big a $ I wouldn’t have thought. I reckon Phillips they’ll move on. We could use him on a wing. His foot skills aren’t the best though which is a worry.

Damien Yze had more clubs than Greg Norman. I watched him play for East Burwood one day. Kicked a fair few from full forward. Had a few of his brother's moves. Great hands, great user of the ball. A bunch of U19's from the opposition club had gathered on the fence & mouthed off at him all day. "You're f#*king sh*t Yze - ya only get a game 'cos of your f#*king name" was some of the nicer stuff. Siren goes to end the game & Yze heads over to where these lads were gathered - a good dozen or more. As he gets closer he starts removing the strapping from his hands & wrists & the big mouth young blokes all shut up. I'm thinking jeez, this is gonna get ugly. Yze got to the fence & then said g'day & shook hands with every one of them. One of the best things I've seen on a footy ground. And those young blokes went from abusing him to thinking he was an out & out legend.
He's legendary up here in country footy.

I remember he had a year at Ardmona where he kicked 140 plus goals in one year.

Was a serious talent and some people i who know the Yze's in Shepparton will tell you he was just as talented as Adam but didn't have the drive and application to go higher, whereas Adam wanted it more then anything.

Been saying for a while that Mihocek would be awesome for us. Such a smart footballer.

Would work really well with Weid and Jacko. And wouldn’t cost too much in a trade.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not too sure about that, he's clearly in their best 22. Would need to be atleast our 2nd rounder and we would need to pay him probably 500-600

Hes above Jones, Green and Bruce.

Tier 1 is for the elites. Hes tier 2 with the likes of Neitz,Robertson, Davey, Tingay.... Nothing to sneeze at.

Stephen 'Stinger' Tingay is always tier 1 bro

Damien Yze had more clubs than Greg Norman. I watched him play for East Burwood one day. Kicked a fair few from full forward. Had a few of his brother's moves. Great hands, great user of the ball. A bunch of U19's from the opposition club had gathered on the fence & mouthed off at him all day. "You're f#*king sh*t Yze - ya only get a game 'cos of your f#*king name" was some of the nicer stuff. Siren goes to end the game & Yze heads over to where these lads were gathered - a good dozen or more. As he gets closer he starts removing the strapping from his hands & wrists & the big mouth young blokes all shut up. I'm thinking jeez, this is gonna get ugly. Yze got to the fence & then said g'day & shook hands with every one of them. One of the best things I've seen on a footy ground. And those young blokes went from abusing him to thinking he was an out & out legend.
Literally the total opposite experience I had playing against him

His little Albanian entourage cruising around the ground threatening to belt anyone lipping him over the fence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back