The 2020's for Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

From a selfish point of view is like to see them fold.

Remaining neutral, and I say this through a vomit filled mouth, but I'd could live with Buckley winning something.

From a selfish point of view is like to see them fold.

Remaining neutral, and I say this through a vomit filled mouth, but I'd could live with Buckley winning something.
Buckley will not see a premiership as coach of collingwood and Eddie will be forced to sack him

Looks like Ed's got The Hun on board hehe...
IMG_20200105_101515.jpg
Get excited pies - this is the year (apparently)

It's such a dumb thing to say after they were a Dom Sheed shank away from being premiers.

Actually that's not entirely true, had Sheed missed and scored a point (drawn game) then it's fair speculation it would've have gone to extra time and fair speculation wc would've have won given they had the run of play.

Had he missed entirely then who knows.

As for the post you replied to as blunt as it seemed there's merit in our 'fighting' for top 4 - our window is not as open as others like tigs, wc or giants or as it was in 18 or 19. That's when we should've swooped.

Actually that's not entirely true, had Sheed missed and scored a point (drawn game) then it's fair speculation it would've have gone to extra time and fair speculation wc would've have won given they had the run of play.

As for the post you replied to as blunt as it seemed there's merit in our 'fighting' for top 4 - our window is not as open as others like tigs, wc or giants or as it was in 18 or 19. That's when we should've swooped.
If Sheed missed Collingwood would have been left one point in front with 1:48 left to play.
Pies were 2 points up when Sheed goaled. He put the Eagles 4 up.
They subsequently scored by a further rushed behind to win by 5 points.

If Sheed missed Collingwood would have been left one point in front with 1:48 left to play.
Pies were 2 points up when Sheed goaled. He put the Eagles 4 up.
They subsequently scored by a further rushed behind to win by 5 points.

My bad, thought we were 1 up before the Sheed goal. Typical so close yet so far!

Pointless i know, but if Sheed missed we would have been a point in front still with possesion of the footy. Moot point now anyway

I would like to see the following:

1. Beams retained until the end of his contract (2020) for a grand total of 0 games and a half a mill pissed down the drain to his rampant gambling addiction (Yeah I'm a bitter flog, but he owes me a pineapple, so * that guy).
2. Another GF loss < a goal followed by a dramatic "shitting of the bed" as per the GWS game in the following preliminary final.
3. Nathan Buckley finally finding the ultimate success as coach... after Eddie fires him from PIES
4. Back to back to back to back (bottom four finishes). I know I'm being GREEDY so I'll just settle for at least three wooden spoons (b2b2b)
5. A massive scandal they actually get penalised for. Clearly throwing games isn't enough, so how about a club wide doping scandal?
6. Zero flags.

You can have your better parking at the Holden Centre, IDGAF about that

MCG to have a Collingwood only stand at Collingwood matches which includes MCC members
Lol

Is this a wind up?

It must be noted that Collingwood, despite a great effort to qualify for the grand final on 42 occasions, has an absolutely horrendous big stage record winning only 15/42 (36%). Yes, bewilderingly, the Magpies have finished 27 seasons as runner-up. I’d be surprised if any other top-tier sports league from around the world has seen a team lose the ultimate clash at such a rate.

Grand Final wins in 60 odd years?
Like really Richmond 2 in three years and more to follow.

I'd like them to have a few scandals where we can question their culture. I'd like Eddie to embarrass himself again and say something stupid, and a few players lying to the coach again would be nice. Of course some agonising Grand Final defeats is a no brainer, preferably after leading by 5 goals. A big player leaving to Carlton or Essendon via FA would be nice too.

Despite all this, I don't mind Buckley, and hope that they continue to make finals because it makes all of the above more interesting when the fans are up and about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope we don't have to wait another decade until 2030 to see another Magpie premiership as we had to in the 1980s (Premiers 1990) and 2000s (Premiers 2010). And given past patterns, we would need to have Swan Districts (black and white) beat Claremont in the 2030 WAFL Grand Final (1990 and 2010), either a black and white SANFL or VFL team to win the third premiership of a hat-trick of flags - Port Adelaide Magpies in 1988, 1989, 1990 and North Ballarat Roosters in 2008, 2009 & 2010; and for a red and blue VFL or SANFL team to lose their grand final by a goal or less (Springvale Scorpions 1990 VFA, Norwood 2010 SANFL).

Pointless i know, but if Sheed missed we would have been a point in front still with possesion of the footy. Moot point now anyway
It is interesting to think how that would have unfolded. It really would have been a flip of the coin game from the kick in, maybe 60-40 in favour of the pies at best.

Obviously you would take the lead and possession in that scenario, but there would have been stratospheric pressure on the kick in and as it was a set shot the eagles were already set up to defend and were finishing strong.

Collingwood almost certainly would have gone short to the pocket, milk the clock and then if no pie got loose bang it 55m down the line to a contest with about sixty seconds on the clock.

Perplexed why they didn’t go for a key Forward. It’s the most obvious attribute they are missing.

Perplexed why they didn’t go for a key Forward. It’s the most obvious attribute they are missing.
I agree, they would of been better suited to get Jenkins than my club tbh....On the actual topic I see them as genuine contenders for the next couple of seasons, but with Collingwood ( and my club also ) it will be all about confronting the previous years of September failures. As long as it’s not at Geelong’s expense I wouldn’t actually mind at all seeing Buckley finally win one, he has given that club everything over the last 26 years.

I agree, they would of been better suited to get Jenkins than my club tbh....On the actual topic I see them as genuine contenders for the next couple of seasons, but with Collingwood ( and my club also ) it will be all about confronting the previous years of September failures. As long as it’s not at Geelong’s expense I wouldn’t actually mind at all seeing Buckley finally win one, he has given that club everything over the last 26 years.

Yeah the Key forward is a head scratcher, reckon the coaching panel think they've got the right mix. They have drafted a KF but a couple of years of development before the big time.

It was disappointing (the forward 6) this year but my theory would be the panel think they've got the right style of play to suit that unpredictable set up. If it works well it has the opp guessing.

For mine the window is not as open as it has been the last 2 seasons and certainly not as open as wc, giants or tigs............... probably not even on par with the cats. The Pies are heavily reliant on system - probably more so than the tigs. They're very difficult to defeat when that's on though.

Maybe instead of posting on Big Footy during school holidays, you should work on your spelling and grammar.
You sir, are the hero bigfooty needs. Whilst others spray their awful mistake ridden verse all over the place - you are on the front line, making sure the errorists dont win.

Their window closes at the end of this season and I highly doubt they win the flag this year, so Buckley will probably never get that elusive premiership medallion. Outside of that, a few scandals while lingering 6th to 15th. No significant impact in the 20s.

Buckley will not see a premiership as coach of collingwood and Eddie will be forced to sack him

Exactly, The Football Gods have decreed this to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back