The AA team so far this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Lynch set up a good 3 or 4 so he sort of DID kick some goals for us ;)

BTW im just kidding, no one has really rated Lynch or Hansen with the good forwards
Nah im not debating that, it's about the Full-Back position and im just trying to prove that yesterday wasn't a good day for full forwards. Conditions, style of play and delivery was ordinary all day.

Sandilands should be the no.1 ruckman. Considering he has had to ruck by himself so far this year, he should be praised for his hard work.

Yeah but he's in the side to kick goals correct?

You have plenty of other stars who can rack up 20 possies a week/

Incorrect. A forward has to provide a target, and become a link man in today's football. They can't afford to be the last line of attack for 80% of the game anymore.

How the hell is McIntosh better than Sandilands?

Disposals:
McIntosh - 65
Sandilands - 60

Ok, 5 more touches. Not a big thing.

Marks
McIntosh - 16
Sandilands - 20

Same as Disposals, not a huge difference.

Goals
McIntosh - 1
Sandilands - 4

Sandilands has more goals. Good on him. Now fo the major difference.

Hitouts
McIntosh - 59
Sandilands - 118

Sandilands has almost double what McIntosh has.

Aaron Sanidlands
Career Matches- 78

Hamish McIntosh
Career Matches- 22

Along with number of goals conceded, the following suggests that Rutten would command FB quite easily:
http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=2007&SelectedPlayers=1302,822,&Compare=Go

Not only does he brilliantly negate his opponent, his skills are better than Glass' and he provides more drive out of defence.

Then again all this was true last year and somehow Chris Mainwairing and some members of the football media managed to campaign Glass' way into the team. Guess it was too much to have half of Adelaide's back six in :rolleyes:

Along with number of goals conceded, the following suggests that Rutten would command FB quite easily. Not only does he brilliantly negate his opponent, his skills are better than Glass' and he provides more drive out of defence.

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=2007&SelectedPlayers=1302,822,&Compare=Go

Then again all this was true last year and somehow Chris Mainwairing and some members of the football media managed to campaign Glass' way into the team. Guess it was too much to have half of Adelaide's back six in :rolleyes:

Missed the Grand Final then I assume?

Sandilands rucks by himself plus McIntosh taps are much more effective I feel. Difference is they do have the same amount of disposal but McIntoshs disposal by foot is pure class and ALOT better then Sandilands.

Sandi kicked two nice running goals on the weekend. Effective hitouts for Rnd 4, Sandi was at 21% while McIntoshw as 11%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bout Lade as the AA Ruckman? If you saw his taps on the weekend and the previous 3 games, they have been amazing and he is racking up possessions and goals as well. Why isn't he the AA Ruckman so far? And Shaun Burgoyne and Robert Harvey? Should easily make the team.

He might have been good on the weekend, but McIntosh gave both Lade & Brogan a single handed towelling only 2 weeks ago.

I'd also nominate Drew Petrie for CHB and Brent Harvey for a midfield/crumbing forward place.

He might have been good on the weekend, but McIntosh gave both Lade & Brogan a single handed towelling only 2 weeks ago.

I'd also nominate Drew Petrie for CHB and Brent Harvey for a midfield/crumbing forward place.

A team with 1 win isnt getting 3 AAs. 2 is the max and Freo got it cos some of there players in particular their defense have been woeful and have been carried by 3-4 players

Brett Jones has been in stellar form but deosn't have the profile of some others.

One of the best performing backs in the comp at present.

I think Sandilands is the better "ruckman" at this point in time, simply because he gets his hand to the ball more. I think he hasn't been great in his hits to advantage this year, Freo has been getting creamed in clearances despite a dominant ruckman but that in part has been a lazy midfield.

McIntosh needs to get more hitouts to pass someone like Sandilands and Cox. I am just very happy at where he is at given his age, experience and how far off his fitness level was in previous years.

If Banger keeps this up and gets himself yet another AA it'll be party time in Melbourne.

Not a bad way to retire...but how the hell could u if u've just been named AA ??

A team with 1 win isnt getting 3 AAs. 2 is the max and Freo got it cos some of there players in particular their defense have been woeful and have been carried by 3-4 players

Just nominating and putting their names up there - on the basis of merit and form. But unless the selectors have and watch Foxtel most weeks, I very much doubt they'd know who our players are, let alone pick 'em for AA

+ 15 players helping him compared to Glass one on one efforts
If Ben is constantly being helped by his teammates, then there are a lot of daft coaches in the competition. You'd think they might instruct their midfielders to utilise all these un-manned players they must have in their F50 :rolleyes:

Every good defence helps each other out when and where they can. We just happen to have a couple of the best readers of the play in defence in the league back there. To suggest that Glass never has any other defenders help him out is just absurd.

And if we're going to start marking guys down because they have the poor fortune to play alongside quality footballers, then surely Glass should lose points because West Coast's midfield is that good that the ball gets down to him less than it would with an inferior engine room.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back