Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Decided to go out with a bang. I can't even imagine him what Slats would be like with Davey.
They must figure everybody wants to hear from people whose command of the language is as dismal as mine. After all, the cricket and RL coverage rates. They just haven't worked the ratings are in spite of the commentary, not partly because of.
All we'll here from Slats if he's on with Warner is heavy breathing punctuated by the occasional swoon.

So instead of listening to the likes of Bumble, Isa Guha, Athers and co, we're stuck listening to Slats and Dave Warner. Great isn't it? Not. I have a feeling that in a couple of months, Dave Warner and maybe Candice Warner will do a sit down interview with 60 minutes. I hope I'm wrong.

odds on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel 9 director of sport Tom Malone on Dave Warner joining their commentary team.

“Dave is the best one-day and T20 batsman of the past decade so he’s perfectly placed to join our coverage for the UK series. People have tried to paint Dave as the villain in all this, but he’s been hurting as much as the others. We’ve had a professional relationship with Dave for five years now we’ve always found him to be a pretty normal and humble bloke. He just wants to atone for his mistakes and move on - I hope Australia gives all of them that chance.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/8b2dd859c153950355aa04c4460b4fbe

CA may have leaned on nine to help with his rehabilitation.

Talking about Warner's pain is a good a tack to take as any in terms of rehabilitation. These days people seem to revel in over-sympathising with very wealthy sportstars/celebrities they've never met.

Dont feel C9 will be asking the hard questions during this stint.

I read with interest that Tim Gilbert from C9 Today show sees nothing wrong with this appointment, and said

"[Warner] has been banned from playing cricket, I get that. But has he been banned from earning money, banned from working? He has a family..."

No he hasn't been banned from working, but this sits uneasy with the Australian fanbase.

Gilbert works for the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust

Farcical decision.

1. No one likes the c*** anyway
2. Can anyone really imagine that he will bring any insight at all to the role? I sure as s**t can’t
3. It seems like every week brings yet another softening of the blow for Cape Town. Enough already, f*** him off until his ban is done.

Continues the tv networks fascination of getting ex players who cant string 2 words together as commentators. Let alone one found to be the mastermind of one of this countries biggest sporting scandals.

Defies belief that they would do this but at the same time doesn't surprise with Ch9. Laughable decision.

As cricket is a game that they get a chance to talk about a lot of topics, the sandpaper scandal wont be raised? Or are we expecting them to raise the issue with Warner commentating and him finally answering questions? Don't think so....

It will be about as probing as that Barnaby Joyce interview on Sunday Night.

3v6wd.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back