FTA-TV The Amazing Race Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Love this show. Always have. Great to have it back on the air.

Was going to come in and comment last night that the number of teams seemed very low, so this dual race is an interesting concept. I wonder how and when they'll overlap.

The cast though is largely rubbish. I really do wonder what goes on with the casting of these shows, there are some teams that are just hopeless. Most have no chance of winning.

The father/daughter team last night was bad but tonight takes the cake. These vegan/animal rights ladies are a joke. How do they make it in? Are there really no better applicants?

The teams on this batch are heaps better in terms of personality I reckon

Those vegan ladies are bloody hopeless though, genuinely laugh out loud bad

Love this show. Always have. Great to have it back on the air.

Was going to come in and comment last night that the number of teams seemed very low, so this dual race is an interesting concept. I wonder how and when they'll overlap.

The cast though is largely rubbish. I really do wonder what goes on with the casting of these shows, there are some teams that are just hopeless. Most have no chance of winning.

The father/daughter team last night was bad but tonight takes the cake. These vegan/animal rights ladies are a joke. How do they make it in? Are there really no better applicants?
Yeah the vegan warriors have no interest in actual racing.

"Look there's a cat. How cute. There's a cafe. Lets waste more time".

The sooner they get eliminated the better

I think I want to marry the producers. Getting this challenge first up is super cruel and super funny.

Yeah it's great, but whoever is in charge of casting should be fired before the end of the episode. How can anyone think those two nuts are suitable for this show?

Yeah it's great, but whoever is in charge of casting should be fired before the end of the episode. How can anyone think those two nuts are suitable for this show?
It's like the old school Aus Idol auditions where they would always roll out the biggest mumpties they could for us to laugh at.

Its far too soon to merge the teams.
They could of kept up the charade for another 2-3 legs. Make Beau work all days and have the racers have a rest day and alternate.

Yeah. I like the concept a lot but think they could have done a lot more with it had they waited a bit longer to merge the two groups together.

It's a bit odd they've done it so quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday we had an idiot slowly talking to a cabbie with an offensive Moroccan accent, as though that changed the fact she was speaking English.

Today someone just shouting in the face of a water seller.

We’re going to hit the moron expat Australian flush in the first week.

Yet another dud team with those vegan idiots, like the father/daughter team from last night you could pick they would be eliminated from a mile away.

Not sure what the point of having 2 different sets of teams merging with each other on the 3rd episode, now it's just a normal race with more teams.

The teams on this batch are heaps better in terms of personality I reckon

Those vegan ladies are bloody hopeless though, genuinely laugh out loud bad

Father/daughter team: We’ll be the worst team in Amazing Race history

Vegans: Hold my soy latte.

They were too late for the water cup task and then didn’t even try the tannery challenge (which, BTW I was excited to see that task again - it was in one of the early US series, though as a detour option).

I agree with the others that the merging of races was far too soon. It seems stupid to do it for one leg each - what’s the point. Plus it’s messy seeing 18 teams in the race (I guess we won’t see many NEL’s though).

I was surprised that Jake and Holly opted to skip that challenge. It seemed they weren’t too far from completing the challenge when they opted to take the penalty - and ultimately it cost them everything. It’s not the first time a team that arrived first checked in last due to a penalty - it happened in season 3 of the US version (due to a team taking a taxi instead of going by foot to the pit stop - again it was a 30 minute penalty).

Finally, Sam and Alex running around in hot pants, who packs hot pants for The Amazing Race 😂

Might be done with this series, at least until it’s available to binge. Way too many teams, none of them particularly likeable or relatable.

Faaaarrrrkkk getting in first and being eliminated would be brutal

Yep. But the race is a pretty easy one if you don't complete the challenges!

The worst part about it is that the race stopped for the night after the hats. Obviously they didn't know that, but in hindsight there was seemingly no need to take the penalty at all.

Yep. But the race is a pretty easy one if you don't complete the challenges!

The worst part about it is that the race stopped for the night after the hats. Obviously they didn't know that, but in hindsight there was seemingly no need to take the penalty at all.
Oh don't get me wrong, they skipped a challenge so tough t***ies... Just a real painful slow death way to go out haha

Only just found out this came back when I visited my parents yesterday. Watched episode 1 last night, what kind of bullshit is that 30 minute penalty for giving up straight away?

You give up, sit there for 30 minutes when the challenge clearly takes longer than that and get to leave before other teams that have to line up and wait?

Surely the penalty should be wait until the last team leaves, then serve a time penalty. Why wouldn't you just walk up to a challenge and say "That's going to take more than 30 minutes, we give up"?

"Oh we have to learn this dance, then perform it 5 times until we get it right? I just remembered I have anxiety about public performing. 30 minute penatly pls and thx."

And similarly, you're presented with 12 Sphinxes, one has the right rock. If you just grab every rock in succession that's like, what, 15 minutes at worst? The riddle itself didn't seem terribly solveable without an element of guessing anyway, and they never actually showed why the right one was the correct answer.

The challenges seemed very poorly explained in this episode. Like to start they just have to guess spices? Was there a list of spices or something? A lot of teams inexplicably went from "I don't know any spices" to "That's turmeric and that's cumin".

Last edited:
So this has been a funny episode so far.

Watching the donkey take off with little Sam unable to control it. I couln't help laugh even though I feel for the small bugger. His height is clearly a liability and his teammate is doing all of the challenges.

Chelsea and Jamus and Angel and Frankie are becoming my two teams I do not like. I really don't like attitudes of Chelsea and Angel. Chelsea's a rude to Jamus and Angel's a bitch to everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back