The Apprentice: 2024 Republican primaries

Who will be the 2024 Republican candidate?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • Donald Trump Jnr

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Eric Trump

• Ivanka Trump

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Josh Hawley

• Matt Gaetz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nikki Haley

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Ted Cruz

• Lindsey Graham

• Marco Rubio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mike Pence

• Mike Pompeo

• Tucker Carlson

• Sean Hannity

• Devin Nunes

• Jim Jordan

• Chris Christie

• Other

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rama is Trump stooge
Yeah you can see his angle - worship the orange one, put himself in the frame for VP and peel off MAGA support for his actual run in '28 (which I don't think will work as we've discussed previously but yeah thats what he's doing).

Somehow I can't see DeSantis doing the VP thing and Trump wouldn't go with that anyway.

Yeah you can see his angle - worship the orange one, put himself in the frame for VP and peel off MAGA support for his actual run in '28 (which I don't think will work as we've discussed previously but yeah thats what he's doing).

Somehow I can't see DeSantis doing the VP thing and Trump wouldn't go with that anyway.
He thought he would make it after whacking Disney one

He didn't realise Disney would be ready to whack back and whack back harder

He just seems so focused on culture war/woke nonsense to the exclusion of pretty much everything else. I mean quite a bit of the GOP leans into that these days but DeSantis is another level. It might get a smallish section of the base very hot and bothered, but it won't win you anything electorally.

Have heard him described as being 'too online', that sounds about right to me.

Plus the fact he's just soft. That moment in the debate the other week where he looks around the stage to see who else is raising their hands in response to a question before doing so himself, just lol

donald-duck-disney-fight-punch-9zu7sfxu6kvx6i07.gif

He just seems so focused on culture war/woke nonsense to the exclusion of pretty much everything else. I mean quite a bit of the GOP leans into that these days but DeSantis is another level. It might get a smallish section of the base very hot and bothered, but it won't win you anything electorally.

Have heard him described as being 'too online', that sounds about right to me.

Plus the fact he's just soft. That moment in the debate the other week where he looks around the stage to see who else is raising their hands in response to a question before doing so himself, just lol
I think I've posted before, is DeSantis a true believer on a christian crusade or is he just a crap politician sticking with a losing hand?

Easy answer is he's both.

I think I might watch the second Republican debate tomorrow morning. It starts at 11am. Watching it will make me happy that I now live here.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just chucked on the debate in the background.

Whats with the roman forum type set they're running with? Cringe. I'd also like to see a debate with no audience/cheering section, fat chance in American politics I guess
I have just stopped watching. Strange questions and the moderators don't really hold them to answer.

Don't think I have heard one answer that is in response to the question.

Example: Drug importers are mainly American citizens... . Response? We have to stop Mexican Cartels digging tunnels or DeSantis... I spoke to this woman in Ohio that had been in an Air BNB and their child had picked up some remains of Fentanyl and died.

Actually poor old Hutchy is coming out okay, at least trying to address questions.

I have just stopped watching. Strange questions and the moderators don't really hold them to answer.

Don't think I have heard one answer that is in response to the question.

Example: Drug importers are mainly American citizens... . Response? We have to stop Mexican Cartels digging tunnels or DeSantis... I spoke to this woman in Ohio that had been in an Air BNB and their child had picked up some remains of Fentanyl and died.

Actually poor old Hutchy is coming out okay, at least trying to address questions.
Haha yep, the question to Pence about healthcare and he somehow ended up banging on about expedited death penalties for mass shooters was a classic too :tearsofjoy:

other than Christie, hardly a mention of Trump

Moderators are terrible, won't hold anyone accountable to the original question asked

just a s**t show overall
for sensible Americans, debates are a lot like AFL game commentary :grinv1: so much time screaming at the screen. :laughv1:
this crop of GOP are taking it to new levels though. that episode of The Newsroom with the mock debate is what real people want.

Which probably shows how empty a lot of all the above is when we discount ideology, and yet people seem to forget that when there's a Democratic primary and people choose a straight white male (eg. Bernie) who has better politics than whichever demographic (eg. Hillary, Kamala, Buttigieg etc).

I think he knows he's not a chance here but is angling to be the successor for Trump. He's the only candidate they have who has a similar level of charisma to Trump, and seems significantly better at this than DeSantis.

DeSantis is dead, this has shown once and for all that the new MAGA Republican Party doesn’t want a corporate stilted politician.

Unfortunately they’d prefer someone who just espouses culture war talking points, speaks in absolutes and vagaries, with the illusion of being an outsider.

Back