The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DanWCE

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
I wonder what that Rocky Ridge recall is all about? Contamination maybe?
Undercarbonated which has caused soft cans and DO (dissolved oxygen). It wasn't batch wide but enough unhappy folk to pull the lot. Grab it on tap if you see it as the kegs are fine.

Beerfarm pulled their sour pineapple recently too. Rough time for the locals but only Mash cop shit for poor canning

DanWCE

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
I had that happen (soft can, flat) with 2 colonial pales in the last carton I bought around news years.
It is worth letting them know, both from a QC perspective but the Colonial rep is brilliant and won't want you to be deterred from the product. You'll get replacements.

SloppyJoe

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
I had that happen (soft can, flat) with 2 colonial pales in the last carton I bought around news years.
I had the exact same issue with one of the cans in a carton of Colonial Pale Ale I bought this week. Only one so far.

Dan Murphys have these at $60 a carton at the moment which is great value for 24.

DanWCE

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
I had the exact same issue with one of the cans in a carton of Colonial Pale Ale I bought this week. Only one so far.

Dan Murphys have these at $60 a carton at the moment which is great value for 24.
Is that just limited to your store I wonder? No such special on the website.

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast

Yeah mine were from DM in carine. Yeah awesome price for a carton of colonial. When you consider they’d normally charge $22 for a 6 pack

SloppyJoe

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Cleared my browsing data and it is now at $74.

Was definitely $59.85 on Monday when I picked up the carton, I must've looked up the site shortly before/after and it saved the price, which is weird.

Sorry to get your hopes up! And I suppose I only got 23 cans (maybe less) as i poured the flat one down the drain!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
West Coast
Oh sweeteth Bridge Road Brewers, your Beechy Summer Ale remindeth thee of a summer evening, where the free spiriteth roam free and many a fair maiden's britches are disposed off for a quicketh dip in the Indian Ocean followed by many giggle and glee!

Apparently it's from Beechworth in Victoria. Nicley crisp, almost lager like. Would rate it higher if it wasn't tainted by Victorian stench.

DanWCE

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
If you are after cheap Colonial check out Aussie Discount Liquor in Atwell. Just make sure you quote the website price when purchasing. I made that mistake myself.

In other news, Hawkers XPA is about the best value beer going. $70/24 tins depending where you get it. Easy drinking, mid 4s, bit of a smasher.

Top Bottom