The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

While I'm sitting here watching Big Dish slot a goal in the last to keep us in touch, I began thinking to myself. "Do you know what? The WC board doesn't have enough varied discussion!"

In much the same vein as @SpaceClefs critically acclaimed Subway Thread I figured we could pass the time between mediocre performances games by discussing beer and other alcoholic delights. What's this boards favourite emotional support post eagles lost drink? What are we all drinking right now? Discuss your favourite poisons, and how an irrelevant game of football has lead to such poor choices in life. Who knows, you may learn something.

*Note* I'm house sitting and the adults left me a pack of Carlton Draught. Decidedly eh, but it's going down alright.

Cheers!

EDIT: Thread Retitled 15/6/17- Formerly Matty's bEer & Liqour Thread (MELT.. Geddit?)

Last edited:

Do update us pls and thank you

I'm not a huge drinker so will take me a little while.

The past couple of months I've been working my way through all the Bavarian and Belgian wheats I can find. Jacobinus, Paulaner and Weinstephaner Vitus were stand-outs. Hoegaarden still my favourite by a mile though.

The IIPA is 8.8%. Looking forward to that one.
You'd only need the one.

I may have to visit the Bottle shop tomorrow.

God bless long weekends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting hammered and going on bigfooty on other teams boards is never a good idea, Sir Priddis was lost because of that, think it was the Norf one IIRC.

Yeah love my IPA's but they can get on the expensive side. Just gotta tell yourself they have double the taste and double the alcohol so paying double is ok. Guess all those hops don't come cheap.

For the more mass produced IPA's i'm drinking Gage Roads Sleeping Giant. Reasonably cheap (normally about $55) and is still fairly decent. If anyone has a better option around the same price I would love to hear it.

Otherwise I normally just scan Dan Murphys weekly specials and grab a carton of something nice that is on a good special. Recent fav was Mountain Goats Attack Of The Killer Hops. Quite like Ferals Hop Hog. Can't get enough of those types of beers :)

Went out last night and the dickheads put on a reply of the bloody game and neck minute I could feel me amazing the game so I bought a couple of vodka raspberries and a few Coopers sparkling ale and drowned my sorrows.

Purchased a lovely Irish cream at a chocolate factory down south and sipped it in my robe with ice after the game.

Felt so fancy drinking that along with my frozen pizza and red snaggas.
Pineapples or Nah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back