the best CHB in afl

Remove this Banner Ad

I would really love to see how Egan had progressed... :(
i reckon egan would be the premier chb if he didnt get injured.. cant really remmber how good he was but seemed on track.. imagine geel with scarlett and egan top 2 FB and CHB in the league

I wouldn't trade Bock in a heart beat, but what would he be worth on the market or what would you offer to obtain Bocks services?
i would liek to know that too.. on the market how much is he worth.. would he b treated as the best chb in the country and given the trades/picks that the top kpp of his position should recieve?

Fisher is not a CHB. He very rarely plays there if at all and CHB's don't get forward tags put on them. Bolton is being undersold in this thread. Bock 1, Bolton 2.

Depends how far up the ground his opposing CHF would go. If they move deep midfield then Fisher would move with them, if they stay deep then Blake is more likely to get the job. Since I see Fisher's style of play and attack at the ball more of a CHB then Blake, then that's how rate him.

I don't think placing Bolton 3rd is under selling him, the margin isn't huge between him and Fish anyway, just Fish has come off his best season and probably has a bit more improvement in him, were Jude will most likely decline next year with age.

so everyone pretty much agrees that bock is the man at chb? how highly do you people rate him? would he be as good as say scarlett or riewoldt or j brown in their respective positions? is he elite pretty much (or as elite status as them)

Impossible to correlate a players equal in another position, but I'd do my best by rating it this way. Leaving out players who have the 'potential' to become top echelon KPP or those who are past their prime, I would rate it this way (keep in mind forwards are always rated higher then backs, even when trying to be impartial):

Riewoldt>Franklin>Scarlett>Brown>Bock>Fevola

The only two who I feel have been left out from there are Pavlich and Goodes, but both are such pure freaks and would dominate no matter where you put them, I find them almost impossible to both rate and value fairly.

i would liek to know that too.. on the market how much is he worth.. would he b treated as the best chb in the country and given the trades/picks that the top kpp of his position should recieve?

Once again, impossible to put a correct figure on his head. There are only 2 reasons he would move, either a major indiscretion at the club or he personally wants to move, both of which would see him go for a miscalculated amount.

In a fair straight trade, he would command at least a first round pick + a player from the teams best 22.

North definately have 2 of the best young ones in Grima and Hansen.

1. Bolton
2. Bock
3. Taylor

Rate Bolton as a better stopper than Bock personally. Not as good rebounder but half back flankers are a dime a dozen for that role.

North definately have 2 of the best young ones in Grima and Hansen.
No where near it mate.

For starters at the age of 24/25 Grima is hardly young any more. Also both really struggle with opponents on their own. They are solid players, however neither will ever be in the category of Bock, Bolton, Waite and the such.

My vote is Waite for this. Bock came close, however Waite does his job very, very well and often without much real support.

No where near it mate.

For starters at the age of 24/25 Grima is hardly young any more. Also both really struggle with opponents on their own. They are solid players, however neither will ever be in the category of Bock, Bolton, Waite and the such.

My vote is Waite for this. Bock came close, however Waite does his job very, very well and often without much real support.

I must admit I disagree with Waite being up there, despite being a Carlton supporter and him being close to my favourite player.

As an attacking defender, he is one of the best in the league, and when playing on an athletic leading type CHF like Riewoldt, he does very well, but he isn't good enough in a one on one standing contest for mine. Body on body, one out with a player, I think his athleticism works against him and he struggles a bit.

I rate Waite very highly, but I like seeing him rebounding off the backline and being extremely damaging rather than body on body with a 'gorilla' forward. I'd have Bock in that situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jmaes Frawley kept Riewoldt and Fevola tied with noting in the first halves of rd 21 and 22 games before being moved of them at HT for pick purposes. Will be a top 3 CHB in 2 or 3 years if he keeps progressing the way he is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back