Game Day The Big Dance: Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs @ MCG

Will we bring home our sixth?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up well before the alarm. Looked out the window at the Melbourne skyline and jumping out of my skin to see the game today. Few nerve settlers beforehand and I'll be right.

The Bulldogs fairy tale ends today, I am so glad I had to go to Sydney this week for work, came back Thursday night and all I have heard is the bulldogs are in a GF, if you were a outsider you wouldn't be sure who they are playing today because everything is about them, I subscribe to the fact that you need to loose one before you win one, lost 1996 won in 2005, the doggies will come with plenty of enthusiasm like we did in 96, but we will be too strong and classy.

Buddy was excellent last week but he is going to be Buddy Brilliant today and put on an all time display that will be one for the ages.

Sydney by 6 goals.

Last edited:

Nervous (it's a grand final!) but I think if we do the basics well we win, this is the stingiest Swans defence in quite some time and we have the forward line to kick a winning score IF we stick to our structures.

Nervous (it's a grand final!) but I think if we do the basics well we win, this is the stingiest Swans defence in quite some time and we have the forward line to kick a winning score IF we stick to our structures.

Yep and no bombs

And hey if buddy has 2-3 on him, kick to someone else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

like a cat on a hot tin roof here. trying to think of things to do before we go to the ground - the kids really aren't all that fussed about pre match entertainment but i can just see some train breaking down at jolimont and needing to walk miles and missing the first quarter...

aaaaghhh

It's time.

It's time for the Swans to go out and make our how history. It's time for the Swans to make people think of and talk about our stories. Our stories of Tom Papley, a plumber over looked in drafts to be a key small forward in a Grand Final team. Our stories of Jeremy Laidler, who was trade by one club only to be delisted by another who has a chance to be a CHB Premiership Player. Our stories of Gary Rohan, Sam Naismith who have had injuries for much of their career to finally have a solid season and be more than influential in the team that finished on top of the ladder. Our story of John Longmire, who was over-looked for the St.Kilda job for Ross Lyon and now has a chance to be our greatest coach in Swans history.

This is our chance to turn a great season legendary and go down in history as one of the most powerful sides of the early 21st century. We will go out there and play hard but fair. We will give it our all and we will go home with medals around our necks, a cup in our hands and pride in our hearts.

It's time. Go Swans.

However we need to overcome one of the longest hodoos in sport.. we have never beaten the Bulldogs in a Grand Final:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back