FTA-TV The Block 2018: The Gatwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Is $200k enough per apartment?

There’s gunna be $$$ issues

Again

Is it $200K plus vouchers..?

It wouldn’t make for entertaining TV if the producers gave them the right amount of money to start with.

Fancy having first pick and not picking the NE penthouse or the safe, that was a bit crazy. Although, from what they're showing it doesn't even look like any of the steel frames are up for both penthouses so how they're supposed to build a bathroom is beyond me.

The couples seem really nice so far. I thought it was good of Spence & his missus to say we got $150K in vouchers so take the money off us. Last season, taking the money from another contestant caused a huge rift from the start.

that safe was loaded with goodies!

I wonder how much they cleaned up the Gatwick from when they took possession of it to when the block started. there would have been nasty s**t all over the place

The penthouse have 4 meter walls alrourd so it will be hard to complete every room as it’s more work. Also the reserve will be a lot higher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have the top floors ever won? Same money to spend to do Penthouse things is a bit unfair.

Why do we have to be subjected to the same judges though they were getting as stale as can be last year.

Should be a fantastic season though.

Yeah they need to freshen up the judges

I’d still like an architect or a building professional as a judge. Getting 3 judges who care about cushions and what not is a bit weird.

Fancy having first pick and not picking the NE penthouse or the safe, that was a bit crazy. Although, from what they're showing it doesn't even look like any of the steel frames are up for both penthouses so how they're supposed to build a bathroom is beyond me.

The couples seem really nice so far. I thought it was good of Spence & his missus to say we got $150K in vouchers so take the money off us. Last season, taking the money from another contestant caused a huge rift from the start.
Sara is pretty insufferable already to be honest.

Can't wait to see what they do with the Gatwick but could do without the faux drama and constant product placement
Guaranteed drama in the next couple of nights as teams try to organise their plumbing to be finished through the roof of the apartment below. Pretty sure only #2 won't have this problem as the space underneath theirs is empty (most likely to become the final challenge apartment)

Have the top floors ever won?
Yes, the blocktagons Dean & Shay's penthouse won, but the other (and there isn't that many series that had penthouses) didn't win because the people doing the design were s**t, talking Johnno & Trixie (Sky High). I don't think there have really been other ones. The Soap Factory one had two 2nd floor apartments but I can't recall them being referred to as penthouses.

Last edited:
Yes, the blocktagons Dean & Shay's penthouse won, but the others (and there isn't that many series that had penthouses) didn't win because the people doing the design were s**t. Talking Johnno & Trixie (Sky High), and Chris & Kim (The Soap Factory)

Still recon the penthouse should get more funds or vouchers though. It's so much harder to do a penthouse!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back