FTA-TV The Block 2019

Who Will Win The Block 2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tess and Luke had the best idea by far. They were deserving winners. The possibility of a self contained apartment within the property should be a huge draw to their house over the others. It wasn't necessarily the best done but with that plan it only needed to be good enough. Only thing I would have changed would have been to sneak a washing machine and dryer in there somewhere to fully complete the concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The possibility of a self contained apartment within the property should be a huge draw to their house over the others.
Personally, I don't aree. These apartments will be $3+ million to buy, and if you can afford that then you're unlikely to need to rent part of it to some icky foreign student or tourist. Overall, I think Deb & Andy had the best idea because they left a room the eventual owner could use for any purpose really, where the other contestants locked in the space to just a few functions.

Last edited:
How the fu** can you be so moved by a room that it tears you up, and still not give it full score?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agree. At the end of the day every room looks similar to a glossy house reno magazine.
Personally I reckon all the rooms for a number of years have been predictably meh.
I think its got a lot to do with being locked onto sponsors products. Melbourne (and Vic) have so many tallented designer/makers who would bend over backwards to supply goods at a reasonable cost and add quality
The ONLY time I can remember something unique was Wombat (i think) who had that cool furniture from Arnhen land.

Personally, I don't aree. These apartments will $3+ million to buy, and if you can afford that then you're unlikely to need to rent part of it to some icky foreign student or tourist. Overall, I think Deb & Andy had the best idea because they left a room the eventual owner could use for any purpose really, where the other contestants locked in the space to just one function.

Totally disagree. Just because you can buy a 3mill property doesnt mean you're automatically flushed. Far from it.

Totally disagree. Just because you can buy a 3mill property doesnt mean you're automatically flushed. Far from it.

Tend to agree and it's the fab right now about living in a place and renting part of a place out. The idea to have a mini apartment is perfect, the only thing I wish was that there was a washing machine/dryer and what not to fully put the room in place

Shayna didn’t give it a 10 due to the practicality of it, I.e. it couldn’t be self contained.

I think that is why The main reason Luke and Tess won, you can do anything with that room. Deb and Andy it has to be apart of the main house.

Personally, I don't aree. These apartments will $3+ million to buy, and if you can afford that then you're unlikely to need to rent part of it to some icky foreign student or tourist. Overall, I think Deb & Andy had the best idea because they left a room the eventual owner could use for any purpose really, where the other contestants locked in the space to just a few functions.

Agree.

I don't mind the idea of a self contained room in the house. It wouldn't appeal to me but would to some.

I think others probably deserved the win but it was a pre determined outcome.

Im a povo person and even I wouldnt wanna some random in my house.

The best use of the space imho would be for an older rello or teenager son/daughter who they cant stand anymore and just hole em up in there :D

You know whenever people in these shows talk about a 'teenagers retreat' the only thing that comes to my mind is a place to frequently masturbate furiously. Otherwise am I missing something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that is why The main reason Luke and Tess won
The main reason Luke & Tess won is they played the gnome, if they hadn't have done that then it would have been a tie between Houses 1 & 5. Luke and tess wouldn't have won without the gnome.

The main reason Luke & Tess won is they played the gnome, if they hadn't have done that then it would have been a tie between Houses 1 & 5. Luke and tess wouldn't have won without the gnome.

The design still put them within half a point of winning without the gnome

The design still put them within half a point of winning without the gnome
The lowest score was 9 for everyone from all the judges, so anyone who had the gnome last night probably could've won. I'm not begrudging their win, good luck to them. But their studio was not the best one on the night. They only won on a technicality. But if you liked it the best, then good luck to you. Just don't claim they won because the judges thought it was the best, because they didn't.

Last edited:
What is it this year with couples (apart from houses 1&5) having no idea how much money they've got left? Like last week when they had those meetings and were saying "you've got $x left" and contestants thinking they had a lot more/less than what the Suncorp chick would tell them they have. Seems like they just flash their card and worry about it later which is how they get into the situation they're in now I guess.
They just seem to not even have a rough idea of where they're at financially this year.

Yeah i dont understand that either.

Spreadsheets, spreadsheets, spreadsheets. You know?
Yeah exactly. With the amount of time Tess has spent helping with the build (zero) you'd think they wouldve had time to be on top of their finances 😂

Back