Who will win The Block 2022

• H3: Sharon & Ankur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H4: Dylan & Jenny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If the roles were reversed you know that boys would be screaming and throwing a tantrum over it

Really classless gutless behaviour and very immature

It’s about winning in the end. It’s a competition so long as it’s above the book it’s all sweet. Using contacts is a fair game.

Above board or by the book?
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Ankur and Sharon's House 3 on The Block's 2022 season has finally sold, after it initially failed to make reserve and was passed in during auction.

On Friday the Nine Network confirmed that House 3 has sold $4.25m and was bought by Adrian Portelli (the guy who bid on H5).

Ankur and Sharon's reserve was $4,080,000, so with a purchase price of $4,250,000 they've made a profit of $170,000.

It is insulting that they walk away with 170k while Tom and Sara-Jane who worked their asses off walk away with 20k.
T&SJ won an $80,000 car and twenty G cash. They didn't do so badly. Plus, they've set themselves up for a future in building & design that will make them far more money in the long run. PLus they'll make money doing ads and being brand ambassadors for a bit. Plus, they'll probably get an All-Stars gig on The Block at some point to make up for the auction results of this one. They've done that before for certain contestants. So, I wouldn't feel too sorry for H1.

It is insulting that they walk away with 170k while Tom and Sara-Jane who worked their asses off walk away with 20k.
It's funny, very funny.

And predictable those who didn't sell would make money on the sale a week later....it's not good for 'the block' brand if couples don't make money

Just as predictable will be the pair who made $20k will find themselves with a job or two on channel 9 and/or return on the block where they make money.....

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You don't sell on auction day you shouldn't get any prize money.

The idea that the competition has ended, you didn't win a prize, but a week later someone has offered you money for something you should no longer be in possession of, because the game show is over, and you make six figures, is ****ed.

From now, if there's any whiff at all that bidding is slowing and the reserve will not be exceeded by a large figure, auctions will be ceased. Couples would rather do a Shaz and Ankur.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Just because a house doesn't sell at the auction doesn't mean the couple doesn't deserve the money after all the hard work they put in. Every other season when apartments/houses haven't sold, it's always been the same. Ronny & Georgia at Elsternwick is an example. They didn't sell on the night but did a few weeks later, and they got some money out of it. Can't remember how much. I think you're just being mean because it's S&A, who you don't like.

I kind of get what edgie is saying, moreso in relation to passing it in, before it reaches reserve. If it was going to hit reserve and sell, just not for as much as they wanted, seems a bit cheeky.

I’d like to know what the rules are surrounding post show sales. Do the contestants get any say in the sale and are there timeframes around how long it can take? If someone offers them $80k over reserve a week later, can the contestants refuse it and hold out for more? Can they sit on it for six months, hoping for an uptick in the market? I bet there are some robust conversations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with the show now is that going bigger and better each year has put them in a situation of now building $5 million homes that only a handful of people can even afford. They should bring it back next year and aim for the $1-2 million market, so they have more people bidding on the homes and tell Danny Wallis to Ferk off.
They are going back to being small IIRC next season.

I kind of get what edgie is saying, moreso in relation to passing it in, before it reaches reserve. If it was going to hit reserve and sell, just not for as much as they wanted, seems a bit cheeky.
If bids do not meet the seller's reserve, the property may be 'passed in' or 'withdrawn from the auction.' The highest bidder then gets the first right to negotiate a price with the seller. If the highest bidder and seller cannot agree on a price, the estate agent may approach another bidder to negotiate a sale price. If the seller cannot agree on a price with any buyer and decides to leave the property on the market, they may offer it for private sale. What happened on The Block was how it works for any auction.

There is no legally binding contract (so just winning an auction doesn't mean you have to buy the house, you can pull out) until both buyer and seller have signed the contract of sale. The auction winner will be asked to sign the contract and formally offer to buy the property. The seller accepts their offer by also signing the contract. The buyer must pay the deposit specified in the contract, and there is no cooling-off period in Victoria.

This is where I thought T&SJ was poorly advised. After the auction, they didn't have to accept the winning bid of $4.1m. But once the real estate agent got the buyer to sign that contract (which they showed us), they were locked into it. The real estate agents were pretty bad on the block this year.

Supposedly Channel 9 could be in huge financial debt with the Block in 2023.

They bought the 5 properties in Bayside for $14.3mill (roughly 2.86mill per property). Median house price in the area is $1.55mill.

Buyer advocate Frank said that the Block is already $7mill behind on Day Dot of starting the 2023 season.

Honestly they need to get out to the outer suburbs where people can easily afford like they use to back in the early seasons. None of these multi million dollar properties.

Supposedly Channel 9 could be in huge financial debt with the Block in 2023.

They bought the 5 properties in Bayside for $14.3mill (roughly 2.86mill per property). Median house price in the area is $1.55mill.

Buyer advocate Frank said that the Block is already $7mill behind on Day Dot of starting the 2023 season.

Honestly they need to get out to the outer suburbs where people can easily afford like they use to back in the early seasons. None of these multi million dollar properties.
They have to pay above the median because they need 5 properties together. But where the location is next year they will struggle to get the 2.86 back per property for sure.

Side note we went trick or treating at the 2021 properties and had a chat with Ronnie and Georgias owners who have a couple of kids. Loving the house and have changed very little. Also the Boys house has a family with some young boys living there. The other 3 houses always look very quiet and haven't really looked like having people there. The country couple's big house has had a few changes over the past year though.

The Block's Jenny Heath and Dylan Adams are in a 'battle' to offload their home after it failed to sell at auction during the show's finale.

The pair's house is currently listed on the Domain website with an estimate of just $1.63million despite their $4.08million reserve.

However, agents believe that the actual selling price will fall between $4.08million and $4.4million.

Perhaps they could make an extension to the format of the show where they cover a marketing strategy for selling the house on expressions of interest rather than auction. Could have a decent more coverage showing the realistic side of marketing a property not the gimmicky crap they put on the tv show.

That way, they could have had the property marketed as it is for a traditional campaign and have an agent actually maximise the end result for them.

It seems fairly clear that the auction strategy isn't working - and it isn't always such a popular thing to do to auction multi million dollar properties. Allow vendors to take the time to consider offers, establish how serious prospective buyers are and work the price to the highest result possible.

Just got around to watching the auctions. Quite a farce to be honest. First with the auctions itself and then with the bidding, nowhere near what you would find in any real auction.

For example, how any times at an actual real auction would you expect to see a RE agent doing his best to sell to a reserve price above $4 million, and when only a few thousand dollars away from the figure is being demonised by all and sundry like he has committed the crime of the century?

Then with the bidding you just have one buyer throwing outrageous bids snapping everything up. I seriously don't understand why buyer advocates even bother coming to these auctions when it is a huge waste of time for them. Next season they should all boycott and let Danny go by himself and bid on his own.

Drove past the block site today as I was in the area ,I wasn’t too impressed the site still needs loads of work and considering the area is right near a residential estate I wouldn’t be too happy dropping that kind of money on any of the properties. (Narrow road too)

If anything “Scotty” house looks the best out of them all imo

Back