Toast The Brand New Thread of Appreciation

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, these guys aren't going to win anything. They're putting up saunas in the streets, and playing hockey, cooking on bbqs and blaring their truck horns overtop of each other. They don't even have a discernable endgame, much less a spokesperson to articulate it. Very far cry from Nazi Germany, and in my personal opinion, we'll never go there again. Especially not right now, given the divisive, stubborn, disharmonious and leaderless noise we live in these days. Collectively we couldn't even organize a rock fight. We'll end up more like a Mad Max movie if anything.

Doesn't really matter in the end though if we don't stop destroying our planet. The biggest threat to us is as a species, not as nations.

Just want to say, regardless of politicians or politics, I appreciate that governments in Australia have tackled Covid with the primary focus being on reducing deaths among our most vulnerable.

None got everything right, some probably went too far and others arguably not far enough. But at the end of the day we have got through to 90%+ immunity and a much less deadly strain, with a fraction of the death rates in most other countries.

I guess I'm saying thanks because I still have my parents and my Grandma 👍

Just want to say, regardless of politicians or politics, I appreciate that governments in Australia have tackled Covid with the primary focus being on reducing deaths among our most vulnerable.

None got everything right, some probably went too far and others arguably not far enough. But at the end of the day we have got through to 90%+ immunity and a much less deadly strain, with a fraction of the death rates in most other countries.

I guess I'm saying thanks because I still have my parents and my Grandma 👍
Well said OP.

Curses! And I would have got away with it, too, if it wasn't for that meddling Peanut.

Yeah nah, while taking out a restraining order on you did momentarily cross my mind, you're right, OP. (And in keeping with the thread title, I do very much appreciate your shout outs and Harry Ambrose-esque investigation work. You're a fine egg.) I've had a year off now, so probably high time I did a little fold rejoining and reconnecting with my beloved Bigfooty comrades. I do note that the place is a significantly more chilled entity than it was 12 months ago. Less needless abuse and boring generic right-wing talking points to wade through. Have no idea why that could be. :stern look

All that aside, I must admit I feel a bit like one of those players on the LTI list whose value magically increases the longer they stay on the sidelines. My advice would be to keep expectations low to avoid any disappointment.

Either way, I'm officially putting my hiatus on hiatus as we speak. The only real battle I foresee from here will be me trying to mask my enthusiasm.

lazy-drag.gif

Curses! And I would have got away with it, too, if it wasn't for that meddling Peanut.

Yeah nah, while taking out a restraining order on you did momentarily cross my mind, you're right, OP. (And in keeping with the thread title, I do very much appreciate your shout outs and Harry Ambrose-esque investigation work. You're a fine egg.) I've had a year off now, so probably high time I did a little fold rejoining and reconnecting with my beloved Bigfooty comrades. I do note that the place is a significantly more chilled entity than it was 12 months ago. Less needless abuse and boring generic right-wing talking points to wade through. Have no idea why that could be. :stern look

All that aside, I must admit I feel a bit like one of those players on the LTI list whose value magically increases the longer they stay on the sidelines. My advice would be to keep expectations low to avoid any disappointment.

Either way, I'm officially putting my hiatus on hiatus as we speak. The only real battle I foresee from here will be me trying to mask my enthusiasm.

lazy-drag.gif
Welcome back mate

lazy-drag.gif
Ha ha LTI reference, you’re not joining StKilda are you mate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back